abama, a season where he was the younges

in Bewerbung 04.11.2019 13:29
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Cuban heavyweight Mijain Lopez once again bested Turkish rival Riza Kayaalp -- this time with an Olympic performance that put him in the company of wrestling great Alexander Karelin.Lopez beat Kayaalp 6-0 Monday at the Rio de Janeiro Games to capture his third Greco-Roman gold medal.Lopez joins Russian great Karelin and Carl Westergren of Sweden as the only wrestlers with three Olympic titles in the classic discipline.Lopez, who lost to Kayaalp in last years world finals, scored in only 15 seconds to essentially seal the match.Its just a tremendous honor because of the level that (Karelin) was at, Lopez said. Now, this is my time.Russian wrestler Davit Chakvetadze also won gold, finishing first in the 85-kilogram weight class to give Russia its second Olympic title in as many days.Though the heavyweight field was fairly deep, an Olympic rematch between Lopez and Kayaalp seemed inevitable. No one came close to threatening either one of them in the preliminaries.Lopez began his round with a win over Heike Nabi, who he also beat in the gold medal match at the London Games.In the semifinals, Lopez drew Sergey Semenov -- a two-time junior world champion from Russia and perhaps the wrestler wholl someday replace Lopez and Kayaalp at the top of the sport.Lopez let Semenov know his time had not yet come, dispatching him 3-0. Semenov later rallied to win bronze by pinning Nabi.For me, its practically gold, Semenov said. I wanted this so much, and I got it.Kayaalp was perhaps even more impressive though, recording a fall and a pair of technical falls to cruise into the final.But Lopezs intensity was apparent from the moment the horn sounded for the last match. He flipped Kayaalp onto his back for a four-pointer only 15 seconds in and made it 5-0 less than a minute later.My strategy was to counter his efforts and go with it, Lopez said.Chakvetadze rallied from a 2-0 deficit to beat top-ranked Ukrainian Zhan Beleniuk 9-2. Beleniuk now has two losses this year -- and both came against Chakvetadze.I am the happiest man on earth, Chakvetadze said.Javid Hamzatau of Belarus and Denis Kudla of Germany won bronze.Cheap Basketball College Jerseys . Varlamov made 33 saves and Ryan OReilly had a goal and scored in the shtout as the Avalanche beat the New Jersey Devils 2-1 on Thursday night. Cheap NCAA Jerseys . But by the time the game started, the Toronto Raptors forward felt even worse. And, for three quarters, it showed as Gay shot a woeful three-for-13 from the field. https://www.chinajerseysncaa.us/ . The injury bothered Bledsoe in the Suns victory over the Clippers on Monday and he sat out the teams home loss to Memphis on Thursday night. Wholesale NCAA Jerseys . -- Stanford squashed Oregons national championship hopes again, schling the Ducks in power ftball. Cheap NCAA Jerseys Authentic . Its 1987 and a Brazilian playmaker, known as Mirandinha, is being paraded around St James Park to the passionate Newcastle fans.HOUSTON -- In recent years, Houston has been a stepping stone, a quick stop for up-and-coming coaches on their way to jobs seen as bigger and better.Art Briles was at Houston before leaving for Baylor. Kevin Sumlin started with the Cougars before moving on to Texas A&M, and last month Tom Herman left for Texas after just two seasons with the Cougars.On Monday, Houston introduced Major Applewhite as its latest hire and the 38-year-old first-time head coach insisted hes different than those who simply used the job as a springboard.I want to be here long-term, Applewhite said. I want to be here for the guys. I want to be here for the city and for the university ... I think at this point in time in the history of this ftball program I think it is important to develop continuity.The introduction of Applewhite was less a news conference than it was a pep rally. There were cheerleaders waving white and red pom poms, a band and scores of fans and dignitaries, which included Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner and state lawmaker Sheila Jackson Lee. But the pomp and circumstance of the day couldnt hide the fact that the Cougars werent expecting to be introducing another new coach so sn.Seems like we just did this ... the players lk a lot happier this time though, board of regents chairman Tilman Fertitta said with a laugh.Applewhite spent the last two seasons as Hermans offensive crdinator and takes over a program that went 22-4 in that time. The Cougars (9-3) wrap up the season on Saturday when they meet San Diego State in the Las Vegas Bowl.Houston got wins over Oklahoma and Louisville this season, but tk a step back by losing to SMU, Navy and Memphis, and failing to qualify for the American Athletic Conference title game a year after winning the league championship. Applewhite said he expects better than winning nine games and hell work to get the team back to where it was last season when the Cougars finished 13-1.Nobody in this rm will set a higher expectation for this ftball team than me. That is the facts, he said. Ive always been a winner, I will always be a winner and I will always set those expectations for our ftball team.He directedd his first practice as head coach on Monday morning and though hes waited for the opportunity to be in charge of a program for years, he downplayed the significance of the moment.ddddddddddddIt really hasnt sunk in, he said. Its very similar to when I was playing and I was in a backup role and then I was put in the game. Its just: Go do your job.Quarterback Greg Ward was chosen to introduce Applewhite to the group and it seemed to catch him a bit off guard.I appreciate that, Applewhite said. That was pretty solid.Ward, who worked closely with Applewhite over the past two seasons, raved about his coach.Regardless of any circumstance, hes going to be honest with you, Ward said. Hes also going to be more competitive than you if you let him and hes going to bring his `A game every single day.Under Applewhites direction, the Cougars gained more than 500 yards 11 times and passed the 600-yard mark four times. The offense piled up 40 points 12 times and scored at least 50 points five other occasions in the past two seasons.Applewhite spent seven seasons as an assistant at Texas before joining Hermans staff. He was the co-offensive crdinator in his last four seasons with the Longhorns after working as assistant head coach for the first three seasons. In his time with the Longhorns he focused on working with quarterbacks and running backs.Before joining the Longhorns, Applewhite spent the 2007 season as offensive crdinator and quarterbacks coach at Alabama, a season where he was the youngest crdinator in the FBS. It was there that he found his most important mentor among many who have influenced him as a coach.Working a year with Nick Saban. I just think hes in the major leagues and a lot of people are playing farm-A ball, he said. He is ahead of the game. Just his organization, that hand he has in everything, the way he distributes roles and gives everybody a sense of purpose and a sense of motivation when they walk in the office.---More AP college ftball: tball.ap.org" target="_blank">www.collegeftball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 390 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen