Triple-A Buffalo. To make room for Morales, Toronto designated RHP Dustin Antolin for assignment.TRAINERS ROOMMariners: SS Kete

in Bewerbung 04.11.2019 13:29
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

SAN DIEGO -- For Adam Duvall, Jay Bruce, Julio Teheran and Eduardo Nunez, the All-Star Game is as close to the spotlight as theyre likely to get this season.Their teams are far from contention, on track to lose 100 or more games.Obviously it means a lot. But it would be better if we were winning or playing better as a team, said Duvall, whose Cincinnati Reds are 32-57.But this is where we are in this stage of the process. We are rebuilding, and Cincinnati has been very vocal about that. I think we have a lot of the pieces of the puzzle. We have a very gd foundation and we are doing the things necessary to be successful in the future, he said.Bruce is also on the Reds, who havent won a title since the 1990 Nasty Boys team and seem years from contending again.I will consider myself a Red until I am no longer in uniform, he said. Remember, I was traded last year and it didnt happen and here I am an All-Star with the Reds. If the Reds think it is in the best interest of the organization, that they can maybe get better, they will do it.Teherans Atlanta Braves are 31-58, the worst record in the majors, a team that stripped down in preparation for next years move to suburban SunTrust Park.Its kind of been a hard year. We have been an up-and-down team, the pitcher said. But its something you dont think about it. You only control what you can control. I know I dont have a lot of wins but Im going to keep doing what I do and that is to go out there and get people out. It doesnt matter if you have run support or not. You have to help your team win.Nunez plays for the Minnesota Twins, who are 32-56 and far from the power that won titles in 1987 and 1991.We are struggling, we know that. But we have to see the gd side and Im here trying to represent my team and my fans in Minneapolis, he said. Yes this is the highlight. I was very excited. I didnt expect it. I went from lking for more playing time to making the All-Star team is amazing.The former Yankees infielder has 12 homers and 40 RBI.You cant control numbers. You work to get gd numbers but you dont have any control. The opportunity was very big for me. It made a big difference, he said.Nike Air Max Womens Sale Blue . The Lightning are 2-0 so far on a four-game road trip, giving the club five straight wins as the guest and improving Tampas away record this season to 11-8-2. Nike Air Max Womens Sale Red . Duchene scored two goals and had an assist, helping the Colorado Avalanche beat the Carolina Hurricanes 4-2 on Friday night to match the best 10-game start in team history. http://www.nikeairmaxwomenssale.com/ . Dusautoir, the former World Player of the Year, sustained a torn bicep playing for Toulouse in the Heineken Cup on Saturday. The flanker, who has played 65 times for France, is expected to be out for up to four months. Nike Air Max Womens Sale Retro . -- The Bishops Gaiters are showing they belong among the countrys top varsity ftball teams. Nike Air Max Womens Sale Rose . The 25-year-old Japanese star has officially been posted by his club team, the Rakuten Golden Eagles.TORONTO -- By lifting his arm a little, James Paxton got a big lift from his curveball.Paxton pitched seven strong innings to win for the first time in three starts, Seth Smith doubled home the go-ahead run in the sixth inning and the Seattle Mariners beat the Blue Jays 2-1 on Friday night, snapping Torontos winning streak at three.I know he and (pitching coach Mel Stottlemyre Jr.) have been working on a couple of things and it certainly was evident tonight with his ability to spin it, manager Scott Servais said of Paxton. That was the best curveball hes had all year.Paxton (3-4) allowed one run and three hits. He walked one and struck out nine, one shy of his season-high.Before these starts I was creeping down a little bit and getting t sidearm, getting on the side of the ball, Paxton said. It wasnt allowing me to get on top of the curveball. Bringing my arm up a little bit more has allowed me to get on top of that curveball.Paxtons altered delivery made things easy on Mariners catcher Mike Zunino.I dont think you could put down a wrong sign when a guy is going like that, Zunino said.Seattle won consecutive games for the first time since a four-game run from June 30 to July 3.The Mariners have won five straight and 14 of 20 against AL East opponents this season.Edwin Diaz worked the eighth and Steve Cishek finished for his 23rd save.Edwin Encarnacion drew a two-out walk in the ninth and Troy Tulowitzki singled but Cishek ended it by striking out All-Star Michael Saunders.Paxton retired 16 of the first 17 batters he faced. The only blemish in that span was a one-out solo homer by Saunders in the second.Hes always had a really gd arm, Saunders said of Paxton. Tonight he was hitting his spots, keeping us off balance.Back in the lineup after missing Wednesdays game at Arizona because of a personal matter, Saunders connected in his first career at-bat against the team that drafted him in 2004 and traded him to Toronto before the 2015 season.After Saunders homered, Paxton set down the next 12 batters before Josh Tholes one-out walk in the seventh. Josh Donaldson advanced Thole to third with a two-out double but Paxton escaped by striking out Encarnacion.ddddddddddddThat was huge, Servais said. He made huge pitches there.Blue Jays right-hander Marco Estrada (back) was activated off the 15-day disabled list before the game. The right-hander was placed on the DL on July 6, one day after being named an All-Star for the first time.Estrada (5-4) allowed two runs and seven hits in six innings. Estrada, who is winless in four starts, had surrendered five hits or fewer in his previous 13 outings.BLACK AND BLUEFirst base umpire Jordan Baker was struck on the left elbow by Nelson Cruzs foul line drive in the seventh. The impact quickly left a large red mark on Bakers arm. He put on a wrap between innings and stayed in the game.ROSTER SHUFFLEToronto activated LHP Franklin Morales (shoulder) off the 60-day DL and optioned LHP Aaron Loup and INF Andy Burns to Triple-A Buffalo. To make rm for Morales, Toronto designated RHP Dustin Antolin for assignment.TRAINERS RMMariners: SS Ketel Marte has been diagnosed with mononucleosis and is expected to go on the 15-day DL on Saturday. Seattle recalled INF Luis Sardinas from Triple-A Tacoma to replace LHP Mike Montgomery, who was traded Wednesday to the Chicago Cubs. The Mariners are expected to recall a pitcher from Tacoma on Saturday.Blue Jays: C Russell Martin is expected to miss at least two games after he slipped and fell in the shower Thursday. Martin passed out after spending t much time in the sauna and overheating. An MRI showed no structural damage to his knee. ... OF Jose Bautista (left big toe) started and played seven innings in RF in his first rehab game at Triple-A Buffalo on Friday. He went 0 for 3 with a strikeout.UP NEXTMariners: RHP Hisashi Iwakuma (10-6, 4.01) is 4-0 with a 2.39 ERA in his past four outings and has won nine of his last 11 starts.Blue Jays: RHP R.A. Dickey (7-10, 4.11) allowed three home runs at Oakland on July 16, losing for the first time in three outings. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 80 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen