would just say its the game, and those things happe

in Bewerbung 28.08.2019 08:48
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

Paris, France (Sports Network) - Rain forced some postponements on Tuesdays schedule at the French Open, but not before former runner-up Samantha Stosur and Frances own Marion Bartoli posted opening-round victories. A 2 1/2-hour rain delay prevented play from getting underway on a chilly Day 3, and more rain came after players tk to the courts at Stade Roland Garros. In between raindrops, the ninth-seeded Stosur got her work in, as the former U.S. Open champion and 2010 Roland Garros runner-up leveled 42-year-old Japanese Kimiko Date-Krumm 6-0, 6-2. "I was happy to get out there and start," said the Aussie veteran Stosur, who lost to Italian Francesca Schiavone in the final here three years ago. "It was spitting a little bit when we went out there. You think, Oh, are we going to start or are we not? Lucky for me I was able to finish the match before this last downpour came." Date-Krumm is the third-oldest woman to play at Roland Garros. The 29-year-old Stosur has reached at least the semifinals in Paris three of the last four years. The 13th-seeded former Wimbledon runner-up Bartoli went the distance to hold off game Belarusian Olga Govortsova 7-6 (10-, 4-6, 7-5 in 3 hours, 11 minutes. Meanwhile, 18th-seeded former world No. 1 Jelena Jankovic got past Slovakian veteran Daniela Hantuchova 6-4, 7-6 (9-7), 27th-seeded Yaroslava Shvedova of Kazakhstan outlasted American Coco Vandeweghe 6-0, 3-6, 6-2, and 31st- seeded Frenchwoman Alize Cornet handled Portuguese Maria Joao Koehler 7-5, 6-2. The former U.S. Open runner-up Jankovic of Serbia is a three-time French Open semifinalist. Cornet is fresh off her clay court title in Strasbourg, France. Also advancing on Day 3 were Spaniard Silvia Soler-Espinosa, Colombian Mariana Duque-Marino, and Frances Kristina Mladenovic. Third-seeded former world No. 1 Victoria Azarenka was on Tuesdays schedule as the Australian Open champion and U.S. Open runner-up was slated to meet Russian Elena Vesnina, but that match was postponed until Wednesday, along with nine other opening-rounders. Blank Jersey .C. at the helm of the top team in the Eastern Conference. His tenure as the GM in Vancouver was all t brief. Though he led the Canucks to what was then a franchise record-shattering campaign in just his second season, Nonis was gone and replaced one year later. Leonardo Spinazzola Juventus Jersey . -- Patrick Reed got an early start in golf. http://www.juventusfcpro.com/Kids-Joao-Cancelo-Jersey/ . Capitals head coach Adam Oates said Ovechkin was injured in the first period against the Vancouver Canucks on Monday and clarified it was not a head injury. Joao Cancelo Juventus Jersey . In the response filed Wednesday to the complaint by 30-year-old Alexander Bradley, attorneys say the former University of Florida player is invoking his Fifth Amendment right that protects people from incriminating themselves. Daniele Rugani Juventus Jersey . There are surprises among the Vezina candidates, but most of the others are standard top-tier performers, even if the two Hart Trophy runners-ups have never been quite as gd as they have been through the first half of the season. Multiple teams believe that?New Orleans Saints wide receiver Brandin Cks name could surface in trade talks this offseason, sources told ESPN.Cks has acknowledged frustration with his role in the Saints offense, expressing himself after a zero-target day against the Los Angeles Rams last week. He believes he is used t often as a clear-out receiver instead of as a primary option, sources told ESPNs Mike Triplett.Cks would be one of the most valuable commodities the Saints have and could bring plenty in return.Its garbage, come on, coach Sean Payton said when asked of the reports after New Orleans 28-13 loss to the Detroit Lions.?No, you dont have to ask, Payton said when asked a follow-up. Its a false report. Its an agent picking up the phone and calling up ... theres nothing to the report.Cks said he hadnt seen the reports. When asked if hed ever demanded a trade, he said, No. I did not do that. I did not do that.When asked if he was disappointed that his frustration became such a big topic this week, Cks said, I wouldnt say I was frustrated.dddddddddddd I would just say its the game, and those things happen. And sometimes things come out. The gd thing, I got teammates who know who I am and know that it wasnt coming from a selfish standpoint or anything like that.And like I stated earlier in the week, its coming from a want to be great. And I think they understand that, and I think our coaches understand that. And I think were on the same page with that.The Saints have shown they are willing to go big, previously trading tight end Jimmy Graham to the Seattle Seahawks for center Max Unger and a first-round pick.League sources told ESPN that some believe a trade was brewing earlier this season that would have moved Cks to the New England Patriots for linebacker Jamie Collins, who was eventually sent to the Cleveland Browns for?a reported third-round compensatory pick or a fourth-rounder. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 14 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen