ought today it was quite fruity.It was sort o

in Bewerbung 28.08.2019 08:48
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Royals manager Ned Yost simply ran out of options in his beleaguered bullpen.Peter Moylan had pitched for the fourth straight day. Matt Strahm had gone consecutive days for the first time in his career. So, he summoned former starter Chris Young to the mound to hold down the Yankees, and he managed to get through one shaky inning before everything unraveled.Didi Gregorius and Starlin Castro led off the 13th with hits, and Brian McCann delivered a go-ahead sacrifice fly off Strahm, as New York escaped with a 5-4 victory Wednesday night.What other options did I have? Yost said with a touch of chagrin. Unless I could have pulled somebody out of the stands -- `Hey, youve ever pitched before?Ben Heller (1-0) pitched a perfect 12th for New York to earn his first major league win, which Dellin Betances wrapped up by working around a leadoff walk for his seventh save.Everybody was calm under pressure, said Yankees reliever Adam Warren, who contributed to seven shutout innings from the bullpen. It was kind of neat to see Ben get his first win.Castro hit a two-run homer for the Yankees. Kendrys Morales hit one for Kansas City.We went through the trade deadline and I still felt we could win in here and these guys are showing it, said Yankees manager Joe Girardi, whose club is just 2 1/2 games out of the second AL wild-card spot. Theres a toughness in there and these guys really want it.The Royals appeared to have quickly erased the memories of their rain-delayed, 5-4 loss in 10 innings the previous night when Morales homered for the second straight game with two outs in the first.Kansas City added another run off Luis Cessa in the second on an error by third baseman Chase Headley and a timely double by Alcides Escobar, then made it 4-0 when Eric Hosmer homered to left in the third.Ian Kennedy was cruising along for Kansas City until the sixth, when Gregorius lofted a sacrifice fly to left field. Castro followed moments later with his two-run shot.Kennedys night was done when he walked Aaron Hicks with one out in the sixth. Scott Alexander came in and gave up a single to Brett Gardner and Jacoby Ellsburys tying sacrifice fly to center.Both teams had chances to push runs across before the 13th inning.The Royals Raul Mondesi drew a leadoff walk in the seventh and Jarrod Dyson dropped a sacrifice bunt to get him to second base with only one out. But Mondesi got caught straying between second and third, and Cheslor Cuthbert promptly struck out to end the inning.In the 11th, Salvador Perez walked and pinch-runner Billy Burns stole his way to third. He wound up stranded there when Paulo Orlando ripped a line drive right at Castro at second base.The Yankees loaded the bases with one out in the 12th, but Gary Sanchez lined out to Cuthbert at third base and Mark Teixeira chopped a grounder to shortstop to end that threat.The off day is going to do us gd tomorrow, Yost said. Everybody is going to be able to recharge a little bit. Its going to be gd for us to just relax a little bit.YANKEES DEALThe Yankees sent OF Ben Gamel, the MVP of the International League, to Seattle for minor league RHPs Jio Orozco and Juan De Paula on Wednesday. They also sent cash to Milwaukee for speedy OF Eric Young Jr., who Girardi said could join the club when rosters expand later this week.ROYALS MOVESRHP Chien-Ming Wang was placed on the DL with biceps tendinitis after tossing two scoreless innings on Tuesday night. The Royals shored up their taxed bullpen by recalling Alexander and RHP Brks Pounders from Triple-A Omaha and optioning INF Christian Colon to the same club.TRAINERS RMYankees: Hicks left the game after grounding out in the ninth, limping his way to the dugout with a right hamstring strain. Im concerned, Girardi said. Its probably not a day-to-day thing.Royals: CF Lorenzo Cain (sprained wrist) got the night off. Hes been playing in pain for about two weeks. Its been pretty sore, Yost said. Its not a thing thats going to heal in a week.UP NEXTThe Yankees take Thursday off before sending RHP Chad Green to the mound to start a three-game set in Baltimore on Friday night. LHP Danny Duffy gets the call for the Royals when Detroit visits Friday night to open their three-game series at Kauffman Stadium. Jaromir Jagr Flyers Jersey . Manuel was offered a position the day he was fired. He accepted earlier this week and the team made the announcement Friday. Bobby Clarke Flyers Jersey . Robinson finished with 17 points, all but two in the second half, and Lawson had 14 after halftime and finished with a game-high 11 assists as the Nuggets handed Dallas its first home loss in eight games this season. J.J. Hickson led Denver with 22, and Kenneth Faried added 10 points and 10 rebounds. http://www.hockeyflyersauthentic.com/robert-hagg-jersey/ . Newcastle dominated in the early stages but City weathered the storm and then raised its game in extra time. Negredo broke the deadlock from close range after a simple move in the 99th minute before Dzeko tk the ball round goalkeeper Tim Krul to seal the victory in the 105th. Brian Elliott Jersey . Lack made 20 saves for his third shutout of the season as the Canucks blanked the St. Louis Blues 1-0 in the first post-Olympic game for both teams night. Bobby Clarke Jersey . It was just business as usual for the Thunder at home. Durant scored 32 points and the Thunder beat the Bulls 107-95 on Thursday night for their eighth straight win. Daniel Ricciardos popular victory in Malaysia meant the return of the shoey -- but it had a mixed reaction from the Australians victims on the podium.Earlier this season, Ricciardo celebrated a podium in Germany by drinking champagne from his race bt -- something done by Australian Moto GP race winner Jack Miller at Assen and copied by Valentino Rossi last month. Ricciardo had promised to reserve the celebration exclusively for victories, meaning it made a glorious comeback on the Sepang podium.After swigging champagne from his own bt, Ricciardo turned bartender, helping it down the throat of teammate Max Verstappen, Nico Rosberg and Red Bull boss Christian Horner. Rosberg, especially, lked very unimpressed with the taste, while fellow Australian Mark Webber was in no md to join in the champagne chugging contest, throwing Ricciardos bt into the crowd before beginning the podium interviews.I havent made many friends from this, actually! Ricciardo joked in the presss conference.dddddddddddd. I love the taste, personally! I thought today it was quite fruity.It was sort of like a dessert, rather than a main course! I dont know what these boys thought -- Nico told me he didnt like it very much!When Rosberg, sitting alongside Ricciardo in the press conference, was asked if he liked the taste, the championship leader grimaced.I hope he does not win any more races this year, Rosberg said, prompting a laugh from Ricciardo.Verstappen then added: It was alright, actually. It was gd sweat.Horner joked that he was more concerned with the health of his driver than the taste of the champagne.I just hope he doesnt have any shoe ailments like athletes ft or verruca! Im not a big fan of champagne but drinking out of a sweaty bt....Horner laughed and then added: Though I was slightly more impressed than Nico Rosberg! ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 56 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen