-- Indian golfer Aditi Ashok, who turned

in Bewerbung 28.08.2019 08:48
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

MONTREAL -- Alexander Radulov was beaming on Thursday night.He was showing his 11-month-old son around the Canadiens digs at the Bell Centre. The expression on Radulovs face as he carried his baby son around in his right arm could have lit up the entire arena.These are gd times indeed for the once-banished Nashville Predators winger. Ra-du, Ra-du, the crowd had chanted once again during a Habs power play in Montreals 3-1 win over the?Tampa Bay Lightning.Its been gd [here] so far for me and my family, Radulov, 30, said on Friday. Its nice to hear that reaction from the fans. Its big for me obviously, but I have to work hard and keep going. Every time I step on the ice, I have to do something to help the team.Just eight games into the NHL season, it appears that Alexei Kovalev, version 2.0, has surfaced here in La Belle Province. The passionate Montreal fans have embraced the latest version of the misunderstd, enigmatic Russian winger with dles of talent.Kovalev found new life in his NHL career when he came here years ago. The fans absolutely loved him. This might be happening all over again with Radulov, who is winning over the folks in these parts not just with his offensive flair, but just as much for his dogged determination away from the puck.You learn from things you go through, said Radulov. Its not all about just scoring goals or getting assists. Hockey is about playing both ways. To be a gd player, defense, neutral zone, you have to block shots, take a check, whatever helps at that time in a game. The goals and assists will be there if you work hard and do the right job.?And the fans have noticed. People here see if youre working hard, they will respect that,?said Radulov.One person who would have easily predicted Radulovs early-season success in his return to the NHL after four years back in Russia is his former junior coach in Quebec City.I love Alexander Radulov as a person, said Hall of Famer Patrick Roy?in French via email Thursday. Hes a dominant player and dedicated and Im not surprised at all to see his success so far this season.The Habs struck out when they tk a flyer on a Russian project named Alexander Semin a year ago. Montreal sent Semin packing rather quickly last December.The Canadiens are banking on a different player his time around. Canadiens general manager?Marc Bergevin talked with a lot of people before signing Radulov to a one-year, $5.75-million deal on July 1.Our guys in Europe really liked his compete level. His skating level was high off the charts, Bergevin said before Thursdays win. For me, personally, that part is very important, the compete level. I think skill is important, but if you have skill and you dont compete, those guys come and go. Theres always a risk, especially for a guy whos been gone (from the NHL) for a while, so the term of the contract was very important.On a day in which some teams once again had to overpay for the top free agents -- as veteran players landed five-, six- and seven-year deals all over the place last July 1 -- the Habs got an impact player on a one-year deal. In todays cap world, thats found gold.As long as he delivers, of course.I think the fact he played in Quebec City helped us sell him on the passion of our fans in Montreal. So far its worked out well, said Bergevin.Radulov said his history with the Quebec Remparts was what he pointed to when Bergevin first approached him about playing in Montreal.The first thing in the meeting with Marc, he was asking if I could handle the pressure here in Montreal, said Radulov. I said, Yeah, I played before in Quebec, I know the French-Canadian people, I had success there. I get that feeling that Montreal is a great place to play hockey, great fans, great organization, Original Six team.Its all about winning here, Radulov continued. Thats why I chose Montreal. I hate losing, t. I want to win. We have a gd group of guys with a chance to win.Among that group of guys is an old Predators buddy in Shea Weber. And yes, Bergevin made sure to tap into Webers personal knowledge of Radulov before taking the plunge.Oh yeah, I talked to Shea. He said, Berg, I would (sign him) if you can, said the Habs GM. He said, We grew up together. I think it could work with him. Yeah he put his stamp on it, he did.The Predators and the Habs have some interesting connections this season, dont they? There was so much debate about the Weber-for-P.K. Subban blockbuster. And then you have Bergevin scping up a player whom Nashville GM David Poile drafted, developed and then brought back a second time from Russia for the 2012 playoffs, an experiment that famously ended with Radulov missing curfew and the Predators self-imploding against the Coyotes in part because of that distraction.When we drafted him, we were lking for a high-end, offensive, talented player, Poile said in a phone conversation earlier this week. There are sometimes some risk with every player when they have that type of skill level. We were really excited when we drafted him, really excited when we brought him over here.But where it breaks off for me is that there was a whole series of things that probably fall under immaturity that didnt allow him to be successful on a consistent basis on our team, added Poile. Youd have to ask him why he went back to Russia in the first place, because I think that hurt him more than anything. I think if he would have stuck it out, my guess is that it would have worked out for us. And him.The second time was real unfortunate, at the most important time of year. We made a decision, and it was the end of our relationship.Seeing a more mature Radulov having this kind of early season success with the Habs? Poile always knew that player was in there. Its why he brought him back a second time.?It turns out that the third time was the charm.Do I wish he would have found the maturity and consistency level with us a few years ago? Absolutely, but it didnt happen, said Poile.When he left Nashville in 2012, Radulov wondered if that was the end of the line for him in the NHL. But he kept the hope -- and the drive --alive.?I wont lie to you, I had a lot of things in my mind, said Radulov. I still believed if I kept working hard back home in Russia and play as gd and hard as I can over there, make sure people here see me in case I could come back when I had a chance. Its worked out. Im hoping to play over here for a number of years. kiestore.com/Cardinals-Kurt-Warner-Jersey/" target="_blank">Kurt Warner Youth Jersey .C. -- Manny Malhotra had two goals and an assist, leading the Carolina Hurricanes to a 6-3 win over the Ottawa Senators on Saturday. kiestore.com/Cardinals-Justin-Pugh-Jersey/" target="_blank">Justin Pugh Jersey . It says Pocklingtons lawyer filed the appeal Friday in a California court. CTV Edmonton also says Pocklington gave a $100,000 cash deposit as part of the conditions of his bail, and that he will be out on bail until his appeal is heard. kiestore.com/Cardinals-Zach-Allen-Jersey/" target="_blank">http://www.nflcardinalsrkiestore.com/Cardinals-Zach-Allen-Jersey/ . In what the team had called a retirement, Ryan said Thursday that he is resigning as chief executive of the Rangers in a move effective at the end of this month. kiestore.com/Cardinals-Andy-Isabella-Jersey/" target="_blank">Andy Isabella Jersey . -- Anaheim Ducks captain and leading scorer Ryan Getzlaf has been scratched from Sunday nights game against the Vancouver Canucks because of an upper-body injury. kiestore.com/Cardinals-David-Johnson-Jersey/" target="_blank">David Johnson Jersey . -- Vincent Lecavalier got everything but the desired result in his return to Tampa Bay. LONDON --- Indian golfer Aditi Ashok, who turned professional only six months ago, carded an impressive nine-under 66 in the 18-hole Ricoh Womens British Open Final Qualifying at John OGaunt here. She finished three shots ahead of Spains Marta Sanz and Annie Park of the US.The Womens British Open is to be played from July 28 to 31 at Woburn Golf and Country Club.Her qualification for the British Open also gives her great preparation before the Olympics, where the womens competition will be held from August 17 to 20.dddddddddddd Aditi will become only the second Indian after Simi Mehra to play the Womens British Open.This is going to be my first major so Im really lking forward to it, said the 18-year-old Aditi, who got into the qualifier with her ranking of 39th on the Ladies European Tour. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 488 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen