throw," said Rogers. "I learned from my last st

in Bewerbung 19.07.2019 15:47
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

PHOENIX -- Talk of Rich Hills blister has been quieted by the left-handers blistering pace since taking the mound for the Los Angeles Dodgers, at least mostly.Hill will lk to extend his 19-inning scoreless streak Thursday night when the Dodgers travel to Phoenix to face the Arizona Diamondbacks.Hill (3-0, 0.00 ERA) threw seven perfect innings against the Miami Marlins in his last start but was pulled by Los Angeles manager Dave Roberts for several reasons, including a familiar issue on Hills pitching hand.There was heat on his index finger, Roberts said. It was starting to get tender.Hill, who said his finger was fine, was less than happy to come out of the game but understd where the outing figured into the Dodgers pennant hopes.Dave was in a very difficult position, said Hill, who will be making his fourth start. You lk at it, and you move on. Thats all you can do.Hill has won his past nine decisions between Los Angeles and Oakland.The Dodgers position has continued to improve over the past week-plus. With Los Angeles 2-0 rain-soaked victory at Yankee Stadium, the Dodgers have won eight of their past ten and are five games ahead of the San Francisco Giants in the NL West.Los Angeles posted its major league-leading 15th shutout of the season on Wednesday.Hill will be opposed by Diamondbacks right-hander Archie Bradley (6-9, 5.10), who lasted just three innings in his past start, allowing five runs on eight hits with three strikeouts.Bradley has had success in the past against Los Angeles, posting a 3.06 ERA in three prior starts against the Dodgers.Arizona manager Chip Hale had to dig a little deeper into his bullpen than anticipated in Wednesday nights 11-6 against the Colorado Rockies.Right-hander Rubby De La Rosa was on a rough 60-pitch count which the Diamondbacks optimistically hoped would carry him through at least four innings. Instead, he needed 40 pitches to get through the first, walking two and giving up a home run along the way and earning a visit to the mound from Hale.De La Rosa came back to start the second and promptly hit Daniel Descalso with a pitch and Hale went to swingman Randall Delgado three outs into the game to finish the second before shifting to scheduled piggyback reliever Braden Shipley in the third.Its just hard because that order is so gd at scoring runs, Hale said. They were on him pretty well at the end.Hale used seven pitchers but, after Shipley left, none of the final four through more than 17 pitches.Offensively, the Diamondbacks continued rolling against the Rockies.Jean Segura has posted consecutive two-homer games and finished Wednesdays win with five hits in six at-bats. He has four home runs in his past two games and continued his march toward 200 hits, from which hes now 18 away.Brandon Drury became the first Diamondbacks rkie to homer in three straight games and has driven in a run in six straight contests. Light-hitting shortstop Chris Owings also homered on Wednesday for an offense that scored a franchise-record 34 runs in three games against Colorado on a franchise-record tying 50 hits.The Dodgers have won 10 of the first 15 meetings between the teams, though the clubs have split the six prior games at Chase Field.Tom Brady Womens Jersey . -- Washington Redskins tight end Fred Davis was charged Thursday with driving while intoxicated, a day after he was suspended for an NFL substance-abuse policy violation. Steve Grogan Womens Jersey . -- Charline Labonte couldnt have asked for a better homecoming. http://www.patriotsjerseysauthentic.com/Julian-Edelman-Super-Bowl-Jersey/ . Brazilian national coach Luiz Felipe Scolari has confirmed that the veteran goalkeeper is set to join Toronto on loan, saying it will help him be ready for the World Cup. Stephon Gilmore Womens Jersey . - Derek Wolfe says hes finally healthy after suffering a seizure in November that doctors now believe was related to the spinal cord injury he suffered in the preseason. Julian Edelman Womens Jersey . While hell be dialed in to that tournament on a course he loves, you can forgive him if his eyes glance down the calendar just a bit, towards April.CLEVELAND, Ohio - The Toronto Blue Jays evened the three-game set with a 5-4 win over the Cleveland Indians on Wednesday evening. Below are some comments on matters of interest. BRETT LAWRIE, SECOND BASEMAN? A second start at second base for Lawrie, Wednesday, as he works his way back to the Blue Jays from a sprained ankle suffered on May 28. Triple-A Buffalo beat Syracuse 4-3. Lawrie went 0-4 with two strikeouts. "If we didnt think he didnt have a chance of being an outstanding second baseman he wouldnt be over there, we wouldnt be considering that," said manager John Gibbons. "He came up as a second baseman in Milwaukees (system.) Hes a plus defender, you could put him at shortstop and Im sure he could do a gd job. The way were kind of lking at it, if it does develop, you combine him and Reyes up the middle where most of the action is. Youve got two great defenders, with a ton of range, you know they take away hits and thats a big part of this game." Dont expect Lawrie to return before the All-Star Break. If Lawrie is moved to second base, its likely Maicer Izturis and Mark DeRosa would platn at third base. Edwin Encarnacion is also an option for the occasional start at third. DELABARS FIRST BIG LEAGUE SAVE IN FRONT OF "HOME" CROWD It wasnt how Steve Delabar expected to notch his first major league save but both he and his team will gladly take it. Delabar entered Wednesday nights game with two out in the ninth inning. Casey Janssen had retired the first two hitters he faced but ran into trouble, allowing two singles and a walk before an error was made behind him. Suddenly, Torontos 5-2 lead had been trimmed to 5-4 and the Indians had the tying and winning runs in scoring position. Delabar got Clevelands Michael Bradley to fly out to centre field on his first pitch, ending the game and preserving the victory. "I think you guys pay more attention tto it," said Delabar.dddddddddddd "I got the ball. I can say that was my first one. Theres not a huge significance to it except for that its the first one." The Indians announced a crowd of 14,134. The loudest fans were cheering for the Blue Jays. "We thought we had more fans here (Wednesday) than they did," said Delabar. "Cleveland, Detroit, I heard Milwaukees a gd one, Seattle, all the places close to Canada we get a huge following and its awesome. I remember last year in Seattle I almost thought it was embarrassing because the opposing team had more fans than we did. Then I (got traded to Toronto) the next day and Im like, this is awesome. To have a huge fan base like that is awesome." ROGERS BOUNCES BACK Esmil Rogers pitched six innings, allowing one run on four hits. He didnt get a decision and is winless in four starts since he beat the Rockies on June 18. Still, Rogers has had subpar performances in only two of eight starts since he joined the rotation. After taking the loss on June 24 in Tampa Bay, Rogers pitched six scoreless innings in a 6-2 win at Boston on June 30. Rogers most recent appearance prior to Wednesday was last Thursdays 11-1 loss to Detroit. He was tagged for seven earned runs in five innings. His ability to bounce back, to avoid dwelling on a tough outing, is an important trait. "I try to learn every start I throw," said Rogers. "I learned from my last start against Detroit. I see the video, whats going on, what happened and what I do different. I think I learn a little bit more each start. Using my breaking pitch for a strike and when you got a breaking pitch for a strike you can throw any pitch in any count. Like today, I can throw a slider 3-0, 3-2 for Swisher and I have an opportunity to get people out." The Blue Jays have beaten both of Rogers former teams, Colorado and Cleveland, in the games hes started against them. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 329 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen