be in Cleveland through January.

in Laberecke 19.06.2019 09:13
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Early run support went a long way to helping Texas Rangers right-hander A.J. Griffin produce his best outing of the season and outpitch the best road pitcher in the major leagues this season.Mitch Morelands grand slam capped a bizarre, five-run first inning and Griffin pitched six strong innings as the Rangers beat the Cleveland Indians 7-0 Saturday night.I kind of tried to put my blinders on a little bit and execute my game plan, Griffin said of the early lead. That was a big grand slam Mitch hit, for sure.Griffin (6-3) allowed five hits while winning for the first time since Aug. 4. In making his first scoreless start of the season, Griffin didnt allow a home run for the first time in 12 starts.Griffin has routinely lost effectiveness in the middle innings but kept hitters off balance throughout his 95-pitch performance.With A.J., we understand the pitch count, Texas manager Jeff Banister said. He elevates a little bit when hes trying to go down, not as sharp. I was proud of him tonight `cause he stayed sharp.The Indians were unable to get more than one hit in any inning.If you stay close, we felt we could string a couple hits together, Cleveland manager Terry Francona said. But once they spread it out, that makes it tough.Carlos Carrasco (9-7) allowed seven runs -- four unearned in the first -- and eight hits in four innings while striking out eight. He went into the game with a 1.74 road ERA this season, the best in the majors.After Ian Desmonds one-out single in the first, Carlos Beltran snapped a career-worst 0-for-32 hitless streak with an infield single to the left side against a shift. The runners moved up on a balk when Carrasco began a pickoff throw to first base but halted because first baseman Carlos Santana was 20 feet from the bag.On Adrian Beltres sharp grounder to third, Desmond dove back and beat Jose Ramirezs tag to load the bases. Rougned Odors hard grounder to first bounced off Santanas glove for a run-scoring error and Moreland pulled a first-pitch slider just inside the right-field foul pole with two out for his second career slam.Elvis Andrus doubled in two runs in the third inning after Moreland was intentionally walked with two out.Texas has the American Leagues best record, two games ahead of Cleveland. The Rangers increased their West lead to 7 1/2 games.A BLP AND NO BLASTBeltran also dumped an opposite-field hit just inside the left-field line that eluded Ramirez and left fielder Abraham Almonte. Before the game, Banister lamented that the 39-year-old was hitting in bad luck during the hitless streak that tied a franchise record.Hey, anything can happen when you put the baseball in play, Banister said. That gets him back on that positive train.DARVISHS BAT TAKING A RESTRangers RHP Yu Darvish is scheduled to start Monday at home vs. Seattle after hitting his first big-league home run in his previous start last Wednesday in Cincinnati. Darvish said he wont lobby to bat in the AL game.I dont want to get tired, Darvish said. So, no, thank you for that.SHORT HOPSRHP Jeremy Jeffress spent his second day on the restricted list as Major League Baseball continued to lk into the pitchers arrest on a drunken driving charge early Friday morning in Dallas. ... OF Carlos Gomez is 0-for-11 with six strikeouts since homering in his Texas debut at-bat on Thursday.TRAINERS RMIndians: Manager Terry Francona said theres no timetable for when C Yan Gomes (right shoulder separation) will begin a rehab session.Rangers: RHP Colby Lewis (right lat strain) is scheduled to make his second rehab start on Monday for Double-A Frisco. He last appeared in a major league game on June 21.UP NEXTIndians: RHP Danny Salazar (11-5) has compiled a 10.41 ERA over six starts in July and August, lasting only 11 total innings in his last four outings.Rangers: LHP Derek Holland (5-6) returned from the disabled list last Tuesday, allowing one run on four hits in six innings in a loss at Cincinnati. Joe Flacco Jersey .875,000, avoiding arbitration. Clippards deal Monday means all eight Nationals players who filed for arbitration wound up settling before a hearing. Cheap Ravens Jerseys . A knee to the thigh might have stung him the most, but his sixth straight double-double made up for the brief burst of pain. http://www.cheapravensjerseysauthentic.com/ . In taking its goal tally to 99 in all competitions already this season, City delivered another demonstration of its lethal firepower at Etihad Stadium to set up a fourth-round match at home to another second-tier team -- Watford. Cheap Baltimore Ravens Jerseys . -- Jakob Silfverberg is making himself right at home with the Anaheim Ducks, scoring four goals in his first four games. Ray Lewis Jersey . -- Running backs Darren McFadden and Rashad Jennings were back at practice for the Oakland Raiders on Wednesday despite being hampered by hamstring injuries. BEREA, Ohio -- Chad Johnsons time with the Cleveland Browns turned out to be brief.Johnson left the teams training camp on Sunday and headed back home to Davie, Florida.Head coach Hue Jackson said he personally invited Johnson for a few days to give him a taste of the coaching life. Johnson tk it in, then had personal and family business to take care of, Jackson said.I think he found out that this business is rough, Jackson said Monday. Theres a lot of hours that we keep, and I dont think Chad is used to that.Monday night, Johnson told cleveland.com he would be coming back and that the Browns were stuck with me until they force me to leave. Johnson said he went home to take care of a personal matter with his 12-year-old daughter, Chaiel.Johnson spoke as if he were a hired assistant coach, not someone invited by Jackson for a few days. Johnson said he wouuld be in Cleveland through January.dddddddddddd The Browns coach said the former Bengals receiver could come back from time to time.I think everybody thought [Johnson] was going to be here the whole time, Jackson said. I knew he wasnt. Chad came as a guest of mine. I wanted him to see what this is going to be like. I knew at some point in time Chad needed to go do what Chad needed to do.Receiver Terrelle Pryor said Johnson had somewhat of an input that came by offering thoughts in meetings and helping with route running. Pryor said Johnson pretty much stayed in the background to learn about the coaching profession.Its a Bengal guy, so I dont know if we like that, but [he was] helping out and doing whatever he can, Pryor said. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 32 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen