sonal worst score since London, where

in Bewerbung 13.05.2019 15:51
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

SAN FRANCISCO -- The San Francisco Giants landed the top-tier closer they have been seeking for months, agreeing to a $62 million, four-year contract with right-hander Mark Melancon on Monday.Its the richest contract ever for a closer, topping Jonathan Papelbons $50 million, four-year deal with the Phillies from 2012-15 and Mariano Riveras $15 million annual value total in 2011-12 by the Yankees.Really excited to have Mark, manager Bruce Bochy said in a text message. Got to know him on a trip to Taiwan in 2011. Fills an important need for us. Great to get one of the premier closers in the game.Pending a physical, the pitcher receives a $20 million signing bonus, $8 million of which is deferred, then salaries of $4 million for 2017, $10 million in 18 and $14 million in each of the `19 and 2020 seasons. He has a full no-trade clause and the chance to opt out after the first two years.Melancon has saved at least 30 games in each of the past three seasons, recording a majors-best 51 in 2015. He went 47 for 51 in save opportunities in 75 relief appearances last season with Pittsburgh and Washington, tied for second-most saves in baseball with Baltimores Zach Britton and Kenley Jansen of the Dodgers behind the Mets Jeurys Familia with 51.After San Francisco tried to acquire Aroldis Chapman at the trade deadline and missed out to the Cubs, finding a reliable ninth-inning option became top of the to-do list for the offseason. Melancon was dealt to the Nationals from the Pirates.Adding a premier closer was our main priority this offseason, general manager Bobby Evans said. Mark solidifies the back end of our bullpen and fills a critical role. He brings talent, leadership and experience to our pitching staff.Because the 31-year-old Melancon was traded during the season, the Giants dont have to give up their first pick in Junes amateur draft as compensation.The Giants blew 32 saves this past season, nine in September -- one fewer than Melancon had over the past three years -- and the last in a 6-5 Game 4 loss to the Cubs that ended San Franciscos season. Chicago scored four runs in the ninth as Bochy tried five relievers in the inning.Santiago Casilla and Sergio Romo, two reliable relievers in even-year championships of 2010, `12 and `14, were both inconsistent.Last offseason, the Giants made a splash by adding to their starting rotation, signing Johnny Cueto to a $130 million, six-year contract and Jeff Samardzija for $90 million over five years.Nationals GM Mike Rizzo, speaking at baseballs winter meetings in Oxon Hill, Maryland, said Washington made an offer.We gave him an offer that we felt was market value and what we were comfortable giving him. Youre talking about one of the elite closers in the game and a great teammate, Rizzo said. Conducted himself perfectly as a Washington National. At the end of the day, the Giants offered him more, and he tk the deal. Thats what free agencys all about. ...Theyve got themselves a great citizen and a great pitcher.---AP Baseball Writer Ronald Blum and AP Sports Writer Howard Fendrich in Oxon Hill, Maryland, contributed to this report.lpascher.fr/" target="_blank">Soldes Vans Old Skl .Gather a group of friends, or find a league to join online, draft your team, set your lineup and compete in a number of different formats. lpascher.fr/" target="_blank">Vans Old Skl Boutique . Reigning world champion Eve Muirhead of Scotland opened with a 12-2 rout of Winnipegs Jennifer Jones in a battle of teams bound for the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi. lpascher.fr/" target="_blank">http://www.vansoldsklpascher.fr/ . The Vikings announced Thursday that Priefer will be one of seven holdovers from the previous staff, along with offensive line coach Jeff Davidson, wide receivers coach George Stewart and others. Norv Turner will mark his 30th year of coaching in the NFL as the offensive co-ordinator, as widely reported for weeks, and George Edwards will be the defensive co-ordinator. lpascher.fr/" target="_blank">Vans Old Skl En Soldes . The Court of Arbitration for Sport ruling "puts an end to my dreams of being a top player," the 27-year-old Troicki said in a statement. "I worked my entire life for it, and it has been taken away from me in one afternn by a doctor I didnt know," said Troicki, whose ranking peaked at No. lpascher.fr/" target="_blank">Vans Old Skl Femme Pas Cher . They had already blown a double-digit lead, fans were hitting the exits, and a long seven-game road trip waited at the end.RIO DE JANEIRO -- China is golden again, winning its fifth diving title of the Rio Olympics.Cao Yuan led throughout to win mens 3-meter springboard with 547.60 points on Thursday. He climbed out of the water after his last dive and pumped both fists in celebration.Jack Laugher of Britain earned silver with 523.85 for his countrys first medal in the event and his second in Rio de Janeiro. He and Chris Mears won synchronized 3-meter to give Britain its first gold in diving, spoiling Chinas bid to sweep all eight golds in Brazil.Patrick Hausding of Germany rallied from 10th after the semifinals to take bronze at 498.50.The water in the diving pl was back to its usual blue color a week after turning a murky green in one of the biggest embarrassments of the games for local organizers.With four-time Olympic champion Greg Louganis lking on, Cao led all six rounds in the final. The 21-year-old Chinese finished off his performance by scoring 96.90 on his last dive, a forward 4+ somersault tuck.Hes incredible, American Kristian Ipsen said. Hes so athletic, just really, really quick. Hes fun to watch.In the fifth round, Laugher performed the same dive that Cao saved for last and received the same 96.90 total.But it was Hausding who did the difficult dive the best of anyone. He earned 98.80, the highest score of anyone in the 12-man final.Why am I not first? Hausding said, laughing. But Im totally fine with third place.The 27-year-old German overcame knee and shoulder injuries to make it to Rio. He had surgery on his knee and is taking painkillers for his shoulder.Ive had a rough season with less training. I started very badly into this competition, Hausding said. But I kept myself mentally strong. Didnt watch the scores. Just did my thing.dddddddddddd It was the right decision in the end.Cao added gold to the bronze he won earlier in synchro 3-meter. His teammate, He Chao, didnt make it out of the preliminaries on Monday, when strong winds and cold wreaked havoc on the competition. World champion He balked on his second and third dives and scored just 27.75 on his third attempt -- the lowest score given to a Chinese diver so far in Rio.Competing in the finals by myself added a lot of pressure, Cao said through a translator. I was able to let go and really focus on putting on my performance and putting up a show.Defending Olympic champion Ilya Zakharov of Russia failed to advance out of the semifinals. He hit his feet on the board on his first dive in the prelims and then he barely topped 50 points in the next two rounds.Laugher had his own problems, barely grabbing the last spot for the final earlier in the day.Its actually my personal worst score since London, where I actually failed a dive, he said, laughing. For me, it was a bit of a shocker, literally 60 points less than what Ive scored in ages. I realized if I just did a gd dive to finish, I might make the final. I had luck on my side today.Ipsen finished fifth and teammate Mike Hixon was 10th.The semifinals were held in sunny and hot conditions; the nighttime finals were in cler weather.I actually knew going into it that it was going to be an interesting Olympics, it was going to be different than some of the others just because its an outdr facility, Ipsen said. There are a lot more variables that you have to deal with compared to an Olympics thats indrs. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 391 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen