aying anymore. Wright had bee

in TeeLeague 04.12.2019 01:14
von lebaobei123 | 302 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- Alex Rodriguez was dealt the most severe punishment in the history of baseballs drug agreement when an arbitrator ruled the New York Yankees third baseman is suspended for the entire 2014 season as a result of a drug investigation by Major League Baseball. The decision by arbitrator Fredric Horowitz on Saturday cut the suspension issued Aug. 5 by baseball Commissioner Bud Selig from 211 games to this years entire 162-game regular-season schedule plus any post-season games. The three-time American League Most Valuable Player will lose just over $22 million of his $25 million salary. Rodriguez vowed to continue his fight in federal court to reverse the decision. "Its virtually impossible. The arbitration will stand. I think its almost inconceivable that a federal court would overturn it," said former baseball Commissioner Fay Vincent, a graduate of Yale Law Schl. "The arbitration is itself an appeal from the commissioners judgment. How many appeals do you go?" Rodriguez is the most high-profile player ensnared by baseballs drug rules, which were first agreed to in 2002 as management and union attempted to combat the use of steroids and other performance-enhancing drugs. In sustaining more than three-quarters of Seligs initial penalty, Horowitzs decision will be widely viewed as a victory for the 79-year-old Selig, who has ruled baseball since 1992 and says he intends to retire in January 2015. A 14-time All-Star, Rodriguez has been baseballs highest-paid player under a $275 million, 10-year contract. He has spent parts of the last six seasons on the disabled list and will be 39 years old when he is eligible to return to the field in 2015. He is signed with the Yankees through the 2017 season. Rodriguez admitted five years ago he used performance-enhancing drugs while with Texas from 2001-03 but has denied using them since. He already sued MLB and Selig in October, claiming they are engaged in a "witch hunt" against him. "The number of games sadly comes as no surprise, as the deck has been stacked against me from day one," Rodriguez said in a statement. "This is one mans decision, that was not put before a fair and impartial jury, does not involve me having failed a single drug test, is at odds with the facts and is inconsistent with the terms of the Joint Drug Agreement and the Basic Agreement, and relies on testimony and documents that would never have been allowed in any court in the United States because they are false and wholly unreliable." The Major League Baseball Players Association had filed a grievance last summer saying the discipline was without "just cause." The 65-year-old Horowitz, a California-based lawyer who became the sports independent arbitrator in 2012, heard the case over 12 sessions from Sept. 30 until Nov. 21. Technically, he chaired a three-man arbitration panel that included MLB Chief Operating Officer Rob Manfred and union General Counsel Dave Prouty. The written opinion was not made public. In Rodriguezs only partial victory, Horowitz ruled he is entitled to 21-183rds, or about 11.5 per cent, of his salary this year, a person familiar with the decision said, speaking on condition of anonymity because the decision was not made public. That comes to $2,868,852.46. Baseballs drug agreement says the amount of lost pay shall match the number of regular-season games suspended, regardless of days over the season, which is 183 days this year. Despite the ban, baseballs drug rules allow Rodriguez to participate in spring training and play in exhibition games, although the Yankees may try to tell him not to report. New York figures to be happy with the decision, which eliminates uncertainty and gives the Yankees additional money to sign Japanese pitcher Masahiro Tanaka or other free agents while remaining under the $189 million luxury tax threshold. MLB was largely pleased. "While we believe the original 211-game suspension was appropriate, we respect the decision rendered by the panel and will focus on our continuing efforts on eliminating performance-enhancing substances from our game," MLB said in a statement. The union said it "strongly disagrees" with the ruling but added "we recognize that a final and binding decision has been reached." "We respect the collectively-bargained arbitration process which led to the decision," the unions statement added. Biogenesis founder Anthony Bosch testified in the hearing after reaching an agreement with MLB to provide evidence. "Tony Bosch doesnt take joy in seeing Alex Rodriguez suspended from baseball, but he believes the arbitrators decision was appropriate," his spokeswoman, Joyce Fitzpatrick, said in a statement. Bosch is to appear Sunday on "60 Minutes" along with MLB Chief Operating Officer Rob Manfred. In an interview with "CBS Evening News on Saturday," Scott Pelley of "60 Minutes" said Bosch told him he administered six banned substances to Rodriguez, including testosterone and human growth hormone. Picked first in the 1993 amateur draft, Rodriguez reached the majors at age 18 with Seattle and was an All-Star by 20. He seemed destined to become one of the greatest players in the history of the game, and appeared in line to break the career home run record -- he ranks fifth with 654. "This injustice is MLBs first step toward abolishing guaranteed contracts in the 2016 bargaining round, instituting lifetime bans for single violations of drug policy, and further insulating its corrupt investigative program from any variety of defence by accused players, or any variety of objective review," Rodriguez said. "I have been clear that I did not use performance-enhancing substances as alleged in the notice of discipline, or violate the Basic Agreement or the Joint Drug Agreement in any manner, and in order to prove it I will take this fight to federal court. I am confident that when a federal judge reviews the entirety of the record, the hearsay testimony of a criminal whose own records demonstrate that he dealt drugs to minors, and the lack of credible evidence put forth by MLB, that the judge will find that the panel blatantly disregarded the law and facts, and will overturn the suspension." Rodriguez has claimed Selig was on a vendetta to smear him as a way of burnishing the commissioners image following the Steroids Era. Both sides have admitted paying for evidence as they prepared for the hearing. Fourteen players were penalized following the Biogenesis probe, and they all accepted penalties. Milwaukee outfielder Ryan Braun sat out the final 65 games of the season, the other players were given 50-game suspensions. A-Rods drug penalty was for "his use and possession of numerous forms of prohibited performance-enhancing substances, including testosterone and human growth hormone over the course of multiple years," MLB said last summer. His punishment under the labour contract was "for attempting to cover up his violations of the program by engaging in a course of conduct intended to obstruct and frustrate the office of the commissioners investigation." Rodriguezs penalty was more than double the previous high for a PED suspension, a 100-game ban given last year to San Francisco pitcher Guillermo Mota for a second offence. Kansas City infielder Miguel Tejada was given a 105-game ban last summer following a third positive test for amphetamines. What is the best Chinese web site for cheap Jerseys . THE THUNDER & PACERS BENCHES: In a nutshell, not impressive at all. What is the best place to buy Cheap Jerseys . The Philadelphia left fielder clubbed a tiebreaking, solo home run in the seventh inning, and the Phillies edged the Red Sox, 2-1, in the middle test of a three-game interleague series at Citizens Bank Park. https://www.wheretobuycheapjerseys.com/. The former world No. 1 Djokovic, who is the top seed here despite being ranked No. 2, snuck past 35-year-old Czech showman Radek Stepanek in four high- quality sets, 6-4, 6-3, 6-7 (5-7), 7-6 (7-5), on Centre Court. Djokovic appeared relieved when he converted on his first match point by swatting a cross-court forehand winner that just caught the line to end an affair that featured only two service breaks. Where can one buy gd quality but cheap jerseys . Terry came from Boston along with Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce but has appeared in just 35 games after a knee injury, averaging 4.5 points on 36 per cent shting. Evans was a favourite of fans but not coach Jason Kidd, who used him in just 30 of their 51 games. What is the best site to buy team jerseys from China . In a series of tweets, it is explained by the Department of Player Safety that Niederreiter makes full body contact with Burrows and although there is head contact, he does not "pick" the head in the course of making the hit. SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- The start of the San Francisco 49ers three-day mandatory minicamp was overshadowed by the players who were absent. Two-time Pro Bowl tight end Vernon Davis and right guard Alex Bne skipped Tuesdays activities. Both starters are seeking raises despite two years left on their contracts. Cornerback Eric Wright, a seven-year veteran who played in seven games for the 49ers last season, announced his retirement. Wright said in a statement released through the team that he "no longer had the same passion" for the game. While Wrights announcement came as a surprise in the locker rm, Davis and Bne are far bigger contributors to a 49ers team that has Super Bowl aspirations. Coach Jim Harbaugh said he appreciates players who show up for the voluntary workouts in the off-season but expects everybody in attendance for the mandatory meetings. He said he was disappointed that Davis and Bne are not at the minicamp. "Not the decision that I envisioned being the 49er way," Harbaugh said. "Really nothing more to be said about it. The focus will be on whats going on here." Players can be fined nearly $70,000 if they miss all three days of the minicamp, per the NFLs collective bargaining agreement. If Davis and Bne continue to hold out, they set the stage for what could be a major distraction leading into training camp next month for a franchise that has avoided such contract disputes the past few seasons under Harbaugh and general manager Trent Baalke. Neither Davis nor Bne was present during the first eight weeks of the teams voluntary program. Davis sacrificed a $200,000 bonus and Bne $50,000 for missing the workouts. And while both are seeking new deals, Davis has been the most vocal about his situation. "In 2010 I signed a five-year, $37 million contract extension with $23 million guaranteed. It was the biggest contract for a tight end in league history. Four years later, and Im playing at a higher level than I was then, which brings me to why Im holding out," Davis wrote in a guest column for MMQB.com on Monday. "Its all about getting paid what you deserve. Its not that complicated. I want the 49ers to win the Super Bowl, and I want to be on the field this summer working toward that goal, but I have to worry about my future first." "Most of my teammates and many players in the NFL understand that. A few dont," Davis continued. "Behind closed drs, theylll say theyre all about the team and would run through a brick wall for the organization.ddddddddddddBut when you lk closer, theyre doing things to contradict themselves. I cant listen to anyone but my family and my advisors, because those are the people who are going to be there when ftball inevitably dumps me." Davis, who initially acted coy about skipping the teams voluntary off-season program, began making his displeasure known shortly before the 49ers announced they had given quarterback Colin Kaepernick a six-year contract extension through the 2020 season that could be worth up to $126 million. Davis, who is now 30 years old, had 52 catches for 850 yards and accounted for 13 of Kaepernicks 21 touchdown passes last season. The tight end has repeatedly talked about marketing his "brand" this off-season after signing a deal with Fantex, which sells shares of Davis "stock" to investors. The San Francisco company paid Davis $4 million in return for 10 per cent of his future earnings from ftball, commercial endorsements and other jobs that he may get during the remainder of his life. The 27-year-old Bne signed a contract extension while he was a backup tackle in November 2011. He has two years remaining on the deal, which will reportedly pay him $2.25 million this season and $1.45 million next season. Most of their teammates responded in similar fashion when asked about their absences -- saying its a decision each player has to make on their own. Second-year safety Eric Reid, whose locker is next to Wrights, said it was a little surprising when he heard Wright was considering not playing anymore. Wright had been competing for the job vacated by former starters Carlos Rogers and Tarell Brown, who both signed with the Oakland Raiders in free agency. The 49ers are treating minicamp as an opportunity for others to make an impact. Vance McDonald and Garrett Celek are expected to receive most of the practice repetitions behind Davis at tight end. Joe Lney is competing at the guard spot, while tackle Jonathan Martin is receiving some time at guard. Daniel Kilgore also can play centre and guard. Tramaine Brock, Chris Culliver, Perrish Cox, Chris Ck, Darryl Morris and rkies Dontae Johnson and Kenneth Acker are competing at cornerback. "Its next man up," 49ers offensive co-ordinator Greg Roman said. "Thats how it goes." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 318 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen