win on the circuit came in Brunei three years ago,

in Mitglieder 20.11.2019 11:40
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

MIAMI -- Roberto Hernandez lked like a completely different pitcher in this start. Hernandez bounced back from two rough outings and went 8 2-3 innings, leading the Tampa Bay Rays over Miami 3-1 Wednesday night and sending the Marlins to their season-worst eighth straight loss. "Primarily he had a nice rhythm, a nice tempo, and I thought he kept getting better all night long," Rays manager Joe Maddon said. Kelly Johnson and Yunel Escobar each drove in a run as the Rays won their fourth in row. Tampa Ray has taken 12 of its last 13 against the Marlins and improved to an AL-best 8-1 in interleague play this year. The teams played in just 2 hours, 13 minutes. Hernandez (3-5) allowed a combined 10 runs in six innings during his previous two starts against Baltimore and the New York Yankees. But he limited Miami to just one unearned run and three hits, striking out five. "Everybody knows my last two times were very, very bad and when they gave me the ball tonight, I didnt think, I tried to throw a gd game," Hernandez said. Chris Coghlan hit a leadoff double in the Miami first and later scored on a throwing error by right fielder Matt Joyce. After Coghlans hit, Hernandez retired 26 of the next 27 batters, including 15 in a row at one point. "A really calm Roberto," Rays catcher Jose Molina said. "He was not as hyper as other outings." Placido Polanco singled with two outs in the ninth, prompting Maddon to lift Hernandez in favour of Fernando Rodney. "His pitch count was gd, but it was still nine times out there and he was sweating pretty gd," Maddon said. The Rays closer got Derek Dietrich to fly out to earn his 10th save in 15 opportunities. "I think all emotional benefits were met tonight," Maddon said. "I think 8 2-3 and getting a win benefits Roberto and I think the emotional benefit of a one-out save helps Fernando a bit. That was part of my overall thinking at that point. Both guys could benefit if this thing works out." Tom Koehler (0-3) gave up three runs and seven hits in eight innings. "Its always tough when you give up a couple runs in the first," Koehler said. "One run is a little easier. The first run is never the one thats going to going to beat you because you got to score to win. That one never beats you. But when you give up that second run, it puts your team in a hole and every at-bat becomes a battle for them from the beginning and that cant happen." The Marlins have dropped 15 of their last 17. "Just another game like weve seen before where we couldnt get anything going offensively," Marlins manager Mike Redmond said. "... It seems they had 15 guys out there tonight." The Rays started quickly. Ben Zobrist began the game with a single, Joyce doubled and Johnson hit an RBI single. Evan Longoria grounded into a double play, scoring Joyce. Escobar added an insurance run in the seventh with a sacrifice fly that drove in James Loney, who doubled and advanced on a single by Desmond Jennings. Marlins rkie Marcell Ozuna singled in the fourth to extend his hitting streak to 14 games, the longest active string in the majors. NOTES: Hernandezs last complete game was Sept. 10, 2010, against Minnesota while he was with Cleveland and known as Fausto Carmona. ... Ozunas streak if the third-longest in club history among rkies. Edgar Renteria had a 22-game hitting streak in 1996. ... Miami 31-year-old INF Ed Lucas earned his first big league callup after 10 years in the minors, but did not see action in the game. In a corresponding move, INF Nick Green was designated for assignment. ... Maddon announced that RHP Alex Colome will make his major league debut and start Thursday pushing LHP Matt Mre back to Friday as Fridays scheduled starter RHP Alex Cobb has a finger laceration on his throwing hand. The Marlins will send RHP Ricky Nolasco (3-5, 3.65 ERA) to the mound against Colome. Jim Sundberg Jersey . -- Vincent Lecavalier got everything but the desired result in his return to Tampa Bay. Jesse Biddle Jersey . In the lead up - which seemed to begin the moment Mike Geiger blew the whistle in Houston last Thursday night - the Impact rumour mill went into overdrive. The speculation went into meltdown mode, of the golden nugget variety. https://www.cheaprangersbaseball.com/362h-ivan-rodriguez-jersey-rangers.html . Q: Team Canada announces their Olympic roster three weeks from today. Who is general manager Steve Yzerman watching? LeBrun: Over the last 48 hours, hes taken in the home-and-home between the Dallas Stars and Colorado Avalanche with Jamie Benn and Matt Duchene being the obvious targets. Brock Burke Rangers Jersey .Y. - New York City has been selected to host the NBA All-Star weekend in 2015, with the game played at Madison Square Garden and the slam dunk contest and other skills events held at the Barclays Center in Brklyn. Will Clark Jersey . Siddikur, whose previous win on the circuit came in Brunei three years ago, finished his bogey-free round with a birdie on the 18th for a total of 17-under 199. Indias Shiv Chowrasia, who has finished runner-up in this tournament twice, was in second place after a 66. Philadelphia 76ers center Joel Embiid hasnt lost his sense of humor despite sitting out the last two seasons with injuries. The former No. 3 overall pick in 2014 out of Kansas had a little fun during practice on Saturday. The Philadelphia Inquirers Keith Pompey posted a video of Embiid dunking on a staff member.Embiid has not played a game since injuring hiss right ft prior to the 2014 NBA draft.ddddddddddddHe re-injured the same ft last year and is with the 76ers summer league team getting in shape. Embiid will not play for the 76ers during the summer league games in Las Vegas. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 9 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen