NIGHTTexas Tech outscored North T

in Bewerbung 14.11.2019 14:29
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

RIO DE JANEIRO -- China easily won its second gold medal in diving at the Rio Olympics, dominating the mens 10-meter synchronized event while showing the rest of the world how to barely make a splash.Chen Aisen and Lin Yue totaled 496.98 points on Monday, cruising to victory by 39.87 points.American teammates David Boudia and Steele Johnson tk silver at 457.11. Tom Daley and Daniel Gdfellow of Britain rallied to claim bronze in 445.45.China is aiming to sweep the eight diving events in Rio de Janeiro for the first time in the Olympics. A day earlier, the Chinese won the womens 3-meter synchro title.Chen and Lin were especially impressive on their final two dives, totaling the most points of any team in both rounds.China, the United States and Britain all performed the same dive in the fifth round, a forward 4.5-somersaults tuck that carries one of the highest degrees of difficulty.The Americans went first, scoring 85.47 points. China was next, with Chen and Lin putting on a clinic with a score of 106.56. They plunged into the water off the 33-ft tower with very little splash and earned a perfect 10 for synchronization.Daley and Gdfellow went last, scoring 92.13, gd enough to move the Brits from fifth to third after the German duo of Patrick Hausding and Sascha Klein performed a less difficult dive that earned fewer points and dropped them to fourth.In the last round, the Americans and Chinese did the same dive, a back 2.5-somersaults with 2.5-twists pike only slightly less difficult than their previous one.Boudia and Johnson went first, scoring 95.04 points with marks as high as 9.0.Chen and Lin did even better, hitting the water in unison and being rewarded with 9.5s and 9.0s.Lin earned his first gold in the event since 2008, when he and Huo Liang teamed to win synchro platform in their home country. He didnt compete in the event four years ago in London.With lots of Chinese flags and fans in the stands, the crowd bed heartily when it saw the judges marks for Chen and Lin in the fourth round. Fans didnt think the scores ranging from 8.0 to 8.5 were nearly high enough, but it hardly mattered.Chen and Lin were in front from the start of the six-round final and never faltered.Boudia and Johnson controlled second place throughout, leaving only the bronze medal up for grabs. Four years ago in London, Boudia earned bronze in platform synchro with a different partner and gold in the individual 10-meter competition.Johnson, a 20-year-old diver at Indiana University, was clearly thrilled with winning a medal in his Olympic debut. He and Boudia shared a watery hug after their final dive, knowing they had clinched a spot on the podium. Johnson then covered his eyes with his hand and couldnt stop smiling.<a href="https://www.cheapathleticsonline.com/685m-barry-zito-jersey-athletics.html">Barry Zito Jersey</a>. Bryzgalov stopped 25 shots on Saturday in the Oklahoma City Barons 4-1 victory over the Abbotsford Heat. The Oilers signed Bryzgalov to a one-year $2 million contract last Friday after shedding payroll by dealing defenceman Ladislav Smid to the Flames. <a href="https://www.cheapathleticsonline.com/2405m-frankie-montasdagger-jersey-athletics.html">Frankie Montas Athletics Jersey</a>. Hazard cut in from the left and scored with a swerving right-fted shot for ninth goal of the season, which proved to be enough for the victory despite Chelseas forwards again lacking a cutting edge up front. <a href="https://www.cheapathleticsonline.com/1185m-jorge-mateo-jersey-athletics.html">https://www.cheapathleticsonline.com/1185m-jorge-mateo-jersey-athletics.html</a>.C. - The Carolina Hurricanes have placed backup goalie Anton Khudobin on injured reserve with an unspecified lower-body injury. <a href="https://www.cheapathleticsonline.com/2475m-coco-crisp-jersey-athletics.html">Coco Crisp Athletics Jersey</a>. -- Edmontons Val Sweeting is two wins away from a trip to Winnipeg to play in Canadas Road of the Rings in December. <a href="https://www.cheapathleticsonline.com/715m-homer-bailey-jersey-athletics.html">Homer Bailey Athletics Jersey</a>. With his new coach and six-time Grand Slam singles champion Boris Becker watching him during an official match for the first time, Djokovic appeared tentative early against the Slovakian player, who often appeared content to keep the ball in play.LUBBOCK, Texas -- After shting 61 percent from the flr in its season opener, Texas Techs offense was tepid early against North Texas.On the strength of Zach Smiths double-double (11 points and 11 rebounds) and an advantage in points off turnovers, the Red Raiders defeated the Mean Green 70-43 on Tuesday night.I think (Texas Tech coach Chris Beard) has been pushing me all week and all offseason to crash every time, Smith said. And it worked out for me tonight.Aaron Ross had 13 points and graduate transfer Anthony Livingston added nine points and seven rebounds for Texas Tech (2-0). The Red Raiders outscored North Texas 24-2 in points off turnovers -- North Texas committed 16 turnovers while Texas Tech had seven.Ross has such a diverse game, Beard said. He can do so many different things. In our zone offense, Im comfortable with him on the perimeter or inside. Defensively, he can guard four positions. My thing with Ross is, `How gd do you want to be?Deckie Johnson led the Mean Green (1-1) with 13 points. A.J. Lawson finished with 10 points and Jeremy Combs added nine points.I think theyre an NCAA Tournament team, North Texas head coach Tony Benford said of Texas Tech. I think theyre really deep. Well-coached. Balanced. With their depth, they can wear you down. They turned us over a lot early.The Red Raiders outrebounded North Texas 46-37.We couldnt score, Benford said. You got to score. You got to get stops. At the end of the day, you got to score some points. We didnt score enough of them early on.BIG PICTURENorth Texas: The Mean Green did not lead Tuesday and felll to 1-7 all-time against Texas Tech.dddddddddddd They have one more Power Five conference opponent this season when they visit Rutgers on Nov. 23.Texas Tech: Under first year head coach Chris Beard, the Red Raiders count versatility and depth among their strengths. Five Texas Tech players are first-year transfers, three of which are graduate students. Against North Texas, 10 players scored.Doing repetitions on certain plays or certain transition plays, Texas Techs Justin Gray said. I think every game and every single practice that weve had, our chemistry has gotten a lot stronger.BACK TO LUBBOCKBenford was a four-year letter winner for the Red Raiders from 1983-86. Benford was a part of Texas Techs 1986 Southwest Conference title team and earned tournament MVP honors.As a young coach, (Benford) went out of his way to be nice to me in my career, Beard said. I think he might have been an assistant at New Mexico when I was a young junior college coach. Hes just a first class guy. Red Raiders support Red Raiders.STAT OF THE NIGHTTexas Tech outscored North Texas in the paint 36-16.UP NEXTNorth Texas returns home to host Drexel on Saturday. The Mean Green face teams from five states this month: Texas, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York and Connecticut.Texas Tech has one more game -- Saturday at home against Eastern Kentucky -- before traveling to Mexico for the Cancun Challenge. At the tournament, it will face Auburn and then Purdue or Utah State.<a href="http://www.chinawholesalejerseysnfl.com/">Wholesale Jerseys</a> ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 477 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen