more. Evans is on pace to break the Tampa Bays sin

in Spam Area!!! 05.11.2019 09:10
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

STILLWATER, Okla. -- Over the summer, Mike Gundys youngest son noticed that his dads hair had grown a little long at the back. Gage joked how funny it would be if his dad let his hair grow the way it flowed in college.Gage didnt realize what he had started.Sn hed learn he wouldnt be able to stop it.I said to him, If you keep bothering me, Im not going to cut it. Mike Gundy said. Now Im kind of enjoying it.This season, Oklahoma States country-hearted coach has turned the joke on his three sons, keeping the biggest, baddest hairstyle in all of college ftball.The Gundy Mullet has galvanized his team and garnered approval from mullet royalty in the form of country music star Billy Ray Cyrus, who told ESPN.com that hell be pulling for the Cowboys this weekend in Bedlam as a result.Coach Gundy rockin the mullet? Yeah, shows class -- and brass! said Cyrus, who once wrote homage to mullets. More importantly, hes a great coach. He has inspired me. The team inspires me. I hope they run the table.Oklahoma coach Bob Stps conceded that The Gundy Mullet has won him over, t.Heck, its growing on me through the year, through the season, Stps said. Maybe wasnt such a fan early on.But Ive come to like it.Stps isnt alone.The Cowboys say The Gundy Mullet has played a role in their seven-game winning streak heading into the showdown at Oklahoma that will decide the Big 12 title.According to quarterback Mason Rudolph, the mullet has provided the Pokes with mojo. Safety?Jordan Sterns?says it has given the team swag.I just love lking at it every day, said Oklahoma State defensive crdinator Glenn Spencer. Its one of the highlights of my day to see where its coming down his neck and touching his collar and now its below the collar. You come in the office every day and you check it out, see whats happening with it.The wind will catch ahold of it and itll lk like a kite with a tail every now and then.Even Sners quarterback Baker Mayfield copped to its prowess.Its ferocious, Mayfield said. Its very dirty. Youve got to respect that hes rocking it.Gundy has rocked the mullet before, while quarterbacking the Cowboys in the 1980s, but its triumphant return caught those around him by surprise.The first time I discovered it was on the flight to media day, Rudolph said. I was like, Has he not gotten a haircut? Or is he actually trying to do it?Turned out, he was doing it.During Big 12 media days, The Gundy Mullet quickly turned into the most talked-about storyline. As a mullet aficionado, Gundy attempted to explain that his wasnt a true mullet yet. A real mullet has to be at least shoulder length, he said then. And youve got to have some curls in it.That did little to quell the buzz.[Linebacker Chad Whitener]?tk a picture of it on Snapchat during media days and said Gundy Mullet, said Oklahoma State tight end Zac Veatch. So I thought, Well, maybe he hasnt gotten a haircut in a while. Maybe his wife was out of town. That was the last I saw of it all summer.Then he comes in for preseason camp and Im thinking, Thats a mullet. Thats a full-blown mullet. Thats not a mistake. Thats mullet.Before long, mullet fandom tk hold in Stillwater like a prairie wildfire. Oklahoma States official apparel store even began offering mullet-branded merchandise.Hes got the perfect hair for it, t, Veatch said. Goes up in the front, long at the back. I like him better with it.Gavin, Gundys oldest son who is a sophomore at the University of Arkansas, didnt realize his dad was actually going through with the mullet. That was, until he saw him on TV at Big 12 media days.At that point, I realized this was a thing and he was going to continue it, Gavin said. I called him after and said, What is up with that hair? He said Gage had told him to. He was bored and thought, Why not?I knew then he was going to go for it.Gage, however, has since reversed course, and has been pleading with his dad to cut his hair. Gundy finally made a deal with him earlier this month. If Gage got a 91 on a math test, hed cut it.To Gages dismay, he got an 88.Mayfield said that when he learned of this he became even more captivated.I heard from our Coach Gundy [Oklahoma offensive assistant, Mikes brother Cale] that he stuck with it because one of his kids said it was awful, Mayfield said. Youve got to respect that hes just doing it out of spite.Gavin said his friends have become obsessed, as well.They think its the frattiest thing theyve ever seen, he said. They love to mess with me. They always send me pictures of it. When [Mike Gundy] came down for dads day, he thought [showing off the mullet] was one of the funniest things hed ever seen in his life.People dont know. They really only see the TV part of him, but hes one of the gfiest people youll ever meet. He loves messing with us, trying to embarrass us.That included pulling pranks on Gavin whenever hed have friends over in high schl.He loves doing that stuff, Gavin said. Thats why hes grown out the mullet -- that and he knows the players enjoy it. They like when he does stuff like that. He could care less what he lks like. He just loves having fun with his players.Over Thanksgiving, Gavin said the Gundy family tk turns volleying one-liners at his father about the mullet. The best ones, however, came from Grandma Gundy.Every time she turned and lked at it, she couldnt stop laughing, Gavin said of his grandmother, Gundys mom. She says its like a time warp back to his college days.Gavin thought for sure by now his mother would have forced Gundy to cut it. He was wrong.Seriously, I figured shed think he was a dork for doing it, Gavin said. I dont know if its a throwback to the past or what, but I asked her, and she says she likes it.The same goes for the Cowboy players, who swear the mullet has sthing powers.It puts a smile on our faces, eases our stress, relaxes us, said tight end Blake Jarwin. I like him more with it. I think he needs to keep it from now on and make it his little tradition.Coach Gundy, when he does stuff like that, thats just who he is. Its part of his character. Thats why people come play for him.Meanwhile, this week for the first time, Gundy publicly said that hed officially grown a mullet. It was a realization that arrived after deer hunting over Thanksgiving break.I hadnt washed my hair in like three days. ... I noticed it lked a little different, Gundy said. Its not really curly, but it is a mullet now. It has definitely hit the mullet stage. The next step is, at some point Im going to have to decide what to do with it. Because, obviously, it cant keep growing forever.Well, I guess it can. But next thing, Ill be singing Always On My Mind.Cyrus has a more fitting suggestion.If it means a championship, I think I Want My Mullet Back, t! he said. I just never thought Id have to go to Oklahoma to get it. Cheap NFL Jerseys China . "It doesnt get any better than that," Giambi said. "Im speechless." The Indians are roaring toward October. Giambi belted a two-run, pinch-hit homer with two outs in the ninth inning to give Cleveland a shocking 5-4 win over the Chicago White Sox on Tuesday night, keeping the Indians up with the lead pack in the AL wild-card race. Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap . -- Anaheim Ducks defenceman Luca Sbisa will be out at least six weeks with a torn tendon in his right hand. https://www.chinajerseysnfl.us/ .Y. - Nelson Mandela will be honoured by the New York Yankees with a plaque in Monument Park. Wholesale NFL Jerseys China .ca! Kerry, Two nights after the Scott-Eriksson incident in Buffalo, the Bruins returned home to play San Jose. In that game, Zdeno Chara put a check on Tommy Wingels that clearly targeted his head. NFL Jerseys China . Manuel was offered a position the day he was fired. He accepted earlier this week and the team made the announcement Friday. TAMPA, Fla -- The Oakland Raiders have been the NFLs best road team this season, already with four road wins on the way to a 5-2 record, and they are spending a full week on the road with consecutive games in Florida.Jack Del Rios team gave him a win Sunday in Jacksonville against his old team, and the Raiders are training at IMG Academy in Bradenton this week to prepare Sundays game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.Weve got a process and theyve adhered to the process, Del Rio said of his teams success away from home. Theyve embraced it and really focused on just playing gd ftball regardless of the circumstances, regardless of the weather, regardless of the time of day -- just to get excited to get out and play gd ftball whenever they put the ball down for us and we tee it up and kick off.IMGs facility is so impressive that Jim Harbaugh brought Michigan down for a week of practice this spring and Del Rios goal has been to make a week spent on the opposite side of the country feel like a typical game week for his players.Were just focusing on trying to keep it as normal as possible for the guys, for the coaches, for the players, he said. We have a tremendous support staff that is providing everything we need, so that we can go about just a typical game week of preparation. So, all of our focus is there. Our workouts, our meetings, the structure, what we eat, everything is basically kind of staying within the normal flow of a game week.The week also allows Del Rio to spend Saturday afternn back in Jacksonville, where he can watch his son Luke play as the University of Floridas starting quarterback against Georgia in their annual rivalry game.Sunday will be a reunion of sorts, as Buccaneers coach Dirk Koetter and defensive crdinator Mike Smith were crdinators together on Del Rios Jaguars staff in 2007, part of a team that won 11 games and a playoff game as well.I learned a ton from Jack, Koetter said Wednesday. Both Jack and Mike Smiith came out of the Brian Billick tree when they won the Super Bowl up in Baltimore and just organization.dddddddddddd I was a pretty organized guy when I was a college coach, but NFL-style, I learned a lot about that from Jack. I was fortunate to come out of college and get with a guy like that.There are other reunions to watch as well -- Raiders receiver Amari Cper played once against Bucs rkie cornerback Vernon Hargreaves in college, and had 10 catches for 201 yards and three touchdowns in an easy 42-21 victory for the Alabama Crimson Tide.Hargreaves has played well in his first six games, with no touchdowns allowed and no accepted penalties against him. He and Pro Bowl veteran Brent Grimes will be tasked not only with stopping Cper but also Michael Crabtree, whose six touchdowns tie him for the NFL lead, with the Bucs Mike Evans.The Bucs, in turn, will try to exploit a Raiders defense that ranks last in the NFL in total defense and passing defense, and has given up a league-high nine pass plays of 40 yards or more. Evans is on pace to break the Tampa Bays single-season records for catches, receiving yards and touchdown receptions.While the Raiders are seeking their fifth road win, the Bucs are still seeking their first home win, having spent four of their first six on the road, with home losses to the Broncos and Rams. Koetter has lobbied for fans to limit the number of Raiders jerseys in the lower bowl, trying to get back a home-field advantage in a stadium where the Bucs have lost 15 of their last 18 games.Weve got to learn how to win some games at home, Koetter said. We need to. Lets keep those Raiders jerseys out of the lower bowl. Lets get some Bucs jerseys in there. Lets rock that place next week. I think weve got three in a row at home. Weve got to do our part. Weve got to learn how to win at home. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 309 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen