break when Game 7 was postponed. That allo

in Spam Area!!! 05.11.2019 09:10
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

INVERNESS -- Henrik Stenson kept a resurgent Phil Mickelson at arms length at the Scottish Open by shting a 6-under 66 to take a two-stroke lead into the final round on Saturday. Mickelson was in a group of four players in a tie for second after making six birdies in his last 11 holes for a 66, leaving the American talking up his improving links game ahead of next weeks British Open. Branden Grace and first-round leader John Parry were in that group with Mickelson after two more 66s, with unheralded Dane J.B. Hansen (69) making up the quartet. Stenson, on 16 under par, has emerged from a prolonged slump and is showing the kind of consistent form that tk the Swede to No. 4 in 2009. "I wouldnt say Im far off that," said Stenson, who was as low as No. 230 in the rankings 18 months ago. "The way I played today, that was top-10 (in the world) standard. Its as gd as I have hit the ball all season." With the wind only arriving late in the day and the sun again beating down, Castle Stuart was largely defenceless for a third straight round but no player made the kind of hot round that could rip a bunched-up field apart. Chris Doak led overnight on 12 under but the pressure on him to push on and become Scotlands first winner of its national open in 14 years seemed to weigh down on him. He could make only a 1-over 73. As Doak tumbled down the leaderboard, birdies were coming thick and fast elsewhere. Gareth Maybin equalled the weeks lowest round of 64, putting him in a three-way tie for sixth with Raphael Jacquelin (65) and Peter Uihlein (70), who struggled at times in the last group alongside Doak. Accurate off the tee and creative as ever around the greens, Mickelson chose the ideal day to produce his full repertoire of skills. American television was broadcasting a regular European Tour event live for the first time this weekend, with NBC fortunate enough to have two U.S. players -- Mickelson and Uihlein -- in contention. Uihlein was patchy. Mickelson was anything but. Refusing to get t frustrated after parring his way to No. 8, the four-time major winner delivered a barrage of four birdies in five holes playing into the wind. A delicate chip to within three feet set up another birdie at No. 16 and a 15-ft putt at the last lifted him briefly into the lead and produced one of the biggest cheers of the day. "On the eighth hole, I just tried to slow things down a little bit ... I holed one putt and it ignited the round," said Mickelson, who was watched by his wife and three kids. "The last 11 holes were a lot of fun for me to play." Mickelson is seeking a first individual win in Europe in 20 years, and first ever in Britain. That would prove the ideal way to go into the British Open, one of the two majors he is yet to capture. "I have kept the ball in play as well as I ever have (on links)," added Mickelson, who found 11 of 14 fairways on the undulating course in the Scottish Highlands. Stenson has been under par in 24 of his 31 rounds this year but hasnt managed a tournament win since capturing the SA Open Championship in Johannesburg in November. The biggest victory of his career came at the Players Championship at Sawgrass in 2009 and a year later he placed third at the British Open. It has been a tale of woe since then but he is on the way back, partly due to his improved mental approach. "I have put down some long-term goals for my game," the 37-year-old Stenson said. "I feel like Im playing golf with a little more ease and if its not happening today, it will happen tomorrow or the day after. "Its a little bit less stressful in that sense." Matteo Manassero made the tournaments first hole-in-one -- acing No. 8 from 216 yards with a 3-iron hybrid -- but the BMW PGA Championship winner is nine shots off the pace after his 70. Adidas NMD Black And White . The FA rejected Wilsheres appeal that the length of his punishment was "clearly excessive" and said Thursday his suspension begins with immediate effect. He will miss league matches against Chelsea on Monday and West Ham on Dec. New Adidas NMD 2019 . Thats not a comment on the suspension that banished the Portland Winterhawks general manager and coach from his Western Hockey League teams bench for most of the 2012-13 season. http://www.cheapnmdonline.com/wholesale-pharrell-adidas-nmd-hu-china.html . Klitschkos management company says the bout will be the Ukrainian fighters 25th world championship fight. The 1.83-meter (6-ft) Leapai defeated the previously unbeaten Denis Boytsov in November to become the WBOs mandatory challenger. Pharrell x adidas NMD Human Race Black . -- Al Jefferson found a grve just in time for the Charlotte Bobcats. Adidas NMD Womens Pink .Y. - Detroit goaltender Jonas Gustavsson has earned NHL first star of the week honours after winning in his first three appearances of the season. Major League Baseball moved the start of Game 2 of the World Series an hour earlier Wednesday night in an effort to avoid some potentially dicey weather. With two Great Lakes cities hosting games in outdr ballparks at this time of year, there was always a possibility that rain could intervene at some point this series.Wet weather has played a significant role on several occasions in the World Series. Here are a few of the most famous instances in which the baseball was put on hold for a little while:2008: The Philadelphia Phillies led the series 3-1, but their bid for a championship was interrupted when Game 5 was suspended in the sixth inning , tied at 2. Two nights later the teams were back to finish the game, and Philadelphia beat Tampa Bay 4-3 to close out the series.Before Game 5 was suspended, it lked like there was a chance the Phillies could be crowned champions with a rain-shortened victory, but Tampa Bays Carlos Pena hit an RBI single to tie it just before the game was stopped. Less than a month later, commissioner Bud Selig announced that baseball would enact a rules change stating that posstseason games cannot be shortened because of bad weather.dddddddddddd1986: After losing Game 6 on Bill Buckners error, the Red Sox appeared to have caught a break when Game 7 was postponed. That allowed Boston to start Bruce Hurst, who had been excellent in that series, for the finale, but the New York Mets won 8-5.1975: With Cincinnati leading the series 3-2, the Reds and Red Sox had to wait out three rainouts before Game 6 at Fenway Park. Boston famously staved off elimination on Carlton Fisks 12th-inning homer before Cincinnati won Game 7.1962: The New York Yankees and San Francisco Giants waited through three straight rainouts before Game 6 was finally played at Candlestick Park. The Giants won to force a Game 7, but New York tk the finale 1-0.1911: Thanks to a Series-record six consecutive rainouts, there was a weeklong break between Games 3 and 4. The Philadelphia Athletics eventually beat the New York Giants in six.---Follow Noah Trister at www.Twitter.com/noahtrister ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 407 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen