end, what they were able to do,

in Clan- und Funwars 04.11.2019 11:45
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Auburn matched its best offensive performance in the NCAA Tournament in program history when it tk down UConn 4-1 in the second round of the postseason tournament. The Tigers (16-6-0) advanced to the Sweet 16 for the second consecutive season with the win.Im really proud of my teams performance today, said head coach Karen Hoppa. UConn is a tremendous team and had an unbelievable season. They have two of the best goal scorers in the country. I thought they gave us all we could handle.I thought our defense was tremendous. We started slow and UConn scored a great goal. I thought the difference for us in the game was Kristens goal. We started out flat, we gave up the goal and with Kristen getting that goal back within four minutes I thought that gave our team the confidence to persevere. Were really excited that we live to play another day.Kristen Dodson, Bri Folds, Gianna Montini and Brke Ramsier tk care of the scoring in the afternn triumph. Casie Ramsier netted a career-best three assists, while Dodson contributed two.Karli Gutsche and Brke Ramsier also tallied an assist in the 90-minute contest.UConn (19-3-1) scored the matchs opening goal before a minute had even gone by to take the early 1-0 lead.Things then began to click for Auburn. Dodson tk a lofted pass from Casie Ramsier and Gutsche before slotting it to the near post for the equalizer in the fifth minute.I just saw an opportunity, stated Dodson. [The goalie] was covering the far post a little bit more than the near post, so I thought I had a chance to slide it by her and I did. I just thought we needed some momentum, so getting that goal right away after they scored just helped us get to where we needed to be.After just entering the match for a few moments in the 39th minute, Montini then put the Tigers in front with her first career goal when she fired a header into the back of the net off a corner.Less than two minutes later, Brke Ramsier doubled Auburns advantage. The Dallas, Texas native put her laces through a shot from the top of the box and found the top corner of the left post that rocked the frame.The Tigers led 3-1 at that point and maintained the margin heading into the intermission.The Huskies came out with a sense of urgency in the second half, putting a pair of shots on target. However, goalkeeper Sarah Le Beau was able to keep UConn off the board and even made a full-extension save from close range.Folds then added to the goal barrage by netting the fourth of her career in the 71st minute. The freshman tk a feed from Casie Ramsier and Dodson and smashed a shot by the keeper from the top of the box.The Tigers held on in the final 20 minutes and advanced to their second NCAA Tournament Sweet 16 in program history.I thought everyone who came on really gave it their all, said Montini. No matter if youre on the bench or on the field, everyones fighting for each other that way. Thats what this team is all about. I couldnt be more proud of everyone.After totaling four points on the day, Dodson set the Auburn single-season program record for points with 36. She surpassed Tammy Waines total of 35 that was set in 2000.The Tigers will await the winner of the Florida-Wisconsin match for a Sunday showdown at 1 p.m. at Donald R. Dizney Stadium in Gainesville, Fla. Nike Air Max 95 Sale . The Masters champion and winner of last weeks Australian PGA has a three-round total of 14-under 199 at Royal Melbourne. "Im in a really gd position for tomorrow," Scott said. Sale Air Max Black . Kyle Denbrk, a soccer player from Saint Marys University, tk the CIS male athlete of the week honour. Stanley, a fourth-year business administration student from Charlottetown, scored both goals in a 2-0 win over Dalhousie on Friday and tallied again in a 1-0 win over Saint Marys on Sunday. http://www.airmax2018womens.us/ . -- Canadian Andrew Wiggins got the ball on the wing, made a nifty spin move and then let go with a soft floater from about 10 feet that swished through the net in Allen Fieldhouse. Nike Air Max Womens . Traditional contenders Brazil, Greece and Turkey drew the other three spots to complete the 24-team field for this summers tournament in Spain, basketball governing body FIBA announced Saturday at its meeting in Barcelona. Air Max 90 Sale . The defending champion beat Gael Monfils of France 7-6 (6), 6-3, while second-seeded Andy Murray of Britain dispatched Edouard Roger-Vasselin, also of France, 6-3, 6-3. Making his first appearance since injuring his wrist a month ago, Del Potro had difficulty with his service games in the first set.PITTSBURGH -- Garrett Jones is a level-headed guy. Even he gets mad sometimes. He was upset when he stepped into the batters box in the eighth inning Sunday after striking out with runners on second and third in his previous at-bat. Jones then unleashed his anger by hitting a 463-ft game-tying home run Travis Snider then hit an RBI single with two outs in the 11th inning and the Pirates, bsted by a stellar effort from its bullpen, beat the Cincinnati Reds 5-4. Five Pittsburgh relievers combined for 10 scoreless innings. Starter Jeanmar Gomez was removed with tightness in his right forearm after giving up four runs in the first. Jones drive off Jonathan Broxton cleared the right-field stands and reached the Allegheny River on the fly. It was just the second homer to make it into the river without bouncing and the first by a Pirates hitter. Daryle Ward hit the first on July 6, 2002, while playing for Houston. It was Jones sixth home run of the season, but first since May 10. "It was a swing of anger," Jones said. "I havent been getting many big hits lately and I put everything I had into that swing. It felt pretty gd. I wasnt expecting to hit the ball in the river, which was pretty cl, but it was great to come through and give us a chance to win." Broxton said he tried to throw a cut fastball on the inner half of the plate "He got to it in a hurry and it went a long, long ways," Broxton said. Reds shortstop Zack Cozart made a throwing error on Russell Martins one-out grounder in the 11th. After Pedro Alvarez walked, Jordy Mercer flied out before Snider then dropped a single into right-centre off Alfredo Simon (4-2). "I put Simon in trouble," Cozart said. "I just threw it high. It was a bad play." Snider said the Pirates never felt out of it, even when they had to go to the bullpen in the second inning down 4-2. Thats been the story of the year for us -- the bullpen, starting staff has really been picking us up and given us opportunities late in games to win ballgames," said Snider, who entered the game in the ninth inning as a pinch hitter. "So anytime you can return that favour to them its a special one." Alvarez also homered for Pittsburgh. Snider and Andrew McCutchen had two hits each. Gomez left after allowing four hits, walked one and hitting a batter. Vin Mazzaro and Bryan Morris each worked three innings, Mark Melancon and Jason Grilli went one each and Wilson finished. The Pirates bullpen led the major leagues with a 2.dddddddddddd67 ERA. "We got huge innings out of everyone," Wilson said. "It was unbelievable. Its unfortunate Gomey had to leave the game early but it was just a great job and collective effort by the bullpen." Cincinnati starter Mat Latos, who was lking to improve to 6-0, was the victim of a blown save for the fourth time this season. He got a no-decision after allowing two runs and three hits in six innings with seven strikeouts. Manager Dusty Baker lifted Latos after 94 pitches and would like to see him build more stamina. "He threw the ball well, but he hit that wall again," Baker said. "Hes got to get over that wall and get past the 90-100 pitch mark. Hes bigger and stronger than that. Thats quite a few victories that got away from him." Cozart and Todd Frazier each had two hits for Cincinnati. Cozart drove in the games first run with a triple after leadoff hitter Shin-S Ch was hit by a pitch. Jay Bruce and Xavier Paul then hit RBI singles and Devin Mesoraco capped the four-run first inning with a sacrifice fly. Latos hit Neil Walker with two outs in the bottom of the first inning and both teams were issued a warning by plate umpire Bob Davidson. Cincinnati second baseman Brandon Phillips, who entered the day with an NL-leading 45 RBIs, was hit twice in the series and got a bruised left forearm Saturday that caused him to miss Sundays game. While the relievers held the Reds in check, Alvarez hit his 11th home run in the second inning and McCutchen singled in a run in the sixth to draw the Pirates within 4-2 before Jones tied it and Snider won it. "We did just enough to win the game and I cant give enough credit to the job that Morris, Mazzaro, Melancon, Grilli and Wilson at the end, what they were able to do, 10 scoreless innings," Hurdle said. "Thats quite, quite a feat." NOTES: Baker said he expects Phillips to miss the three-game home series with Colorado that begins Monday night. RHP Bronson Arroyo (5-5, 3.75) is scheduled to pitch the series opener for the Reds against RHP Tyler Chatwd (3-0, 2.12). ... INF Cesar Izturis started in Phillips place and went 0-for-5. ... Pittsburgh RHP James McDonald (right shoulder discomfort) will have his injury rehab assignment moved to Triple-A Indianapolis and start Thursday after making two stars for Double-A Altna. ... The Pirates open a three-game series at Atlanta on Monday night with RHP A.J. Burnett (3-5, 2.72) facing RHP Kris Medlen (1-6, 3.4. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 6 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen