general manager Alex Anthopoulos. "I j

in Clan- und Funwars 04.11.2019 11:45
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

ST. LOUIS -- One bad inning kept Jimmy Nelson winless in his career against the St. Louis Cardinals.Nelson (7-14) allowed five hits in six innings and retired the Cardinals in order four times Friday night but he gave up two two-run homers in the third that made the difference in the Milwaukee Brewers 4-3 loss.Nelson fell to 0-7 in eight career starts against St. Louis.Its just a crazy game and stuff happens, Nelson said. Theres never really just one answer in this game to anything. You dont want to think theres something wrong and start over-analyzing stuff so you just try to keep it simple.No, Brewers manager Craig Counsell answered pointedly when asked if Nelsons woes against St. Louis are weighing on the 27-year-old right-hander.Milwaukee led 3-0 and Nelson had retired the first eight batters when Cardinals starter Carlos Martinez started a two-out rally with a single up the middle. Matt Carpenter followed with his 19th home run, Kolten Wong walked and Stephen Piscotty gave St. Louis the lead and completed the nights scoring by hitting his 21st homer into the bullpen in right field.The two guys that can really hurt him, hurt him, Counsell said. He fell behind Carpenter 3-0, which is trouble. Make mistakes to those guys and thats whats going to happen.Scter Gennett hit a two-run homer, his 11th, to give the Brewers a 3-0 lead in the top of the third. Milwaukee scored an unearned run in the first when Gennett walked, Chris Carter was hit by a pitch and Kirk Nieuwenhuis hit a hard one-hopper that shortstop Jedd Gyorko did not handle.The Brewers collected nine hits and had two batters hit in seven innings against Martinez (14-7) but they hit into three double plays. Martinez improved to 3-0 in four starts against the Brewers this season.We got a lot of hits but we werent in a lot of situations to really score some runs, Gennett said. We got three runs on him early but werent able to make anything happen later.The Brewers lost for only the second time in their past nine games and had a five-game road winning streak end.Weve been playing some gd ball as of late, Gennett said a night after the Brewers opened the series with a 12-5 rout. Maybe we take three out of four.The win improved the Cardinals, the majors only winning team with a losing record at home, to 31-38 at Busch Stadium and kept them a half-game behind the New York Mets in the NL wild-card race.Seung-Hwan Oh worked around a leadoff walk in the ninth for his 17th save in 20 chances. Pinch-hitter Ryan Braun grounded into a force at second for the final out.DOUBLING UPMartinez induced double-play grounders in the second and third innings to increase his NL-leading total to 32, two shy of the Cardinals team record set by John Denny in 1978. Wong backhanded a grounder up the middle and scped the ball from his glove to Gyorko to start the third-inning double play. Thats one of the best plays weve seen here, Cardinals manager Mike Matheny said. The Brewers popped out into a double play in the fourth.TRAINERS RMCardinals: SS Aledmys Diaz (right thumb) went 2 for 4 for Double-A Springfield in a rehab start Friday night. ... RHP Trevor Rosenthal (shoulder inflammation) will throw to hitters Saturday for the first time since he went on the DL on July 26.UP NEXTBrewers: RHP Chase Anderson (8-11, 4.73) has allowed three earned runs in 10 1/3 innings in two starts at Busch Stadium this season.Cardinals: RHP Adam Wainwright (10-8, 4.61) has allowed one home run at home this season but has lost his past two home starts. Cheap Air Max 90 China . 24 Baylor in a Big 12 clash between teams trending in opposite directions. Andrew Wiggins made 10-of-12 from the foul line and scored 17 for Kansas (14-4, 5-0 Big 12), which capped a stretch of four straight games against ranked opponents unscathed. Air Max 90 China Free Shipping . Nine days before the opening ceremony, organizing committee chief Dmitry Chernyshenko said Wednesday that Sochi is "fully ready" and will deliver safe, friendly and well-run games that defy the grim reports that have overshadowed preparations. http://www.cheapairmax90china.com/ . "I dont know that were close," said general manager Alex Anthopoulos. "I just think, right now, the acquisition cost just doesnt work for us right now. I dont know if I can quantify how far off or things like that that they might be but I would say we continue to have dialogue. Black Air Max 90 China .Y. - Jerome Samson scored once in regulation and again in the shtout as the St. Wholesale Air Max 90 China . Perhaps Carroll was so prepared for a break because he believes there is very little the Seattle Seahawks need heading into the off-season. "I dont see anything that we need to add. We just have to get better," Carroll said. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 103 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen