be that way for the next couple of months I guess.Its

in Mitglieder 30.10.2019 11:14
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

TOLEDO, Ohio -- Notre Dame coach Muffet McGraw figured Brianna Turner gave her a huge size edge the Irish could exploit against Toledo.She was right.Turner had 26 points and eight rebounds to lead No. 2 Notre Dame to an 85-68 victory over Toledo on Sunday.The 6-ft-3 junior forward shot 11 for 13 from the field as the Irish outscored Toledo 44-28 in the paint.We thought we had an advantage inside, McGraw said. We didnt think they could guard her, so we really wanted to go in as much as possible.It was great to see her have kind of a breakout game offensively.Marina Mabrey added 19 points on 8-for-11 shting for the Irish (10-1).Jay-Ann Bravo-Harriott scored 23 points to lead the Rockets (8-2), and Kaayla McIntyre added 13 points.Toledo coach Tricia Cullop admitted that Turners length and athleticism gave her team all sorts of difficulty.Turner is one of the best centers in the country, and shes a handful, Cullop said. She got us in some foul trouble early on.In a bid to slow down Turner, Cullop inserted 6-3 Sophie Reecher 3:41 into the game to guard the Notre Dame forward. Reecher had two fouls within 45 seconds and was back on the bench.Notre Dames only loss this season was a 72-61 defeat against No. 1 Connecticut on Dec. 7. The Irish have now won 13 consecutive games on the road, while the Rockets dropped to 4-1 at home this season.QUICK TURNABOUTToledo scored the first five points of the game on Bravo-Harriotts 3-pointer and Mikaela Boyds field goal, but it was all Irish after that. Notre Dame scored the next eight points, taking the lead on Lindsay Allens layup with 61 remaining, and never trailed again.Theyre very skilled, very talented and definitely athletic, Bravo-Harriott said. You just have to have a lot of grit to play with them because theyve got some of the best players in the nation.When Mabrey hit a jumper with 1:26 left in the opening quarter, the Irish led 17-7 and Toledo never pulled within single digits again.The story of the game was really the first quarter, Cullop said. We let things kind of get away from us. We learned a lot about ourselves in this game. We guarded some pretty incredible players.BIG PICTURENotre Dame: The Irish used their speed and tenacity to beat the Rockets, winning the turnover battle 28-17. To stay even as close as we did with 28 turnovers was pretty incredible, Cullop said. Weve got to take better care of the basketball against great teams. That would have helped us tremendously.Toledo: Both of the Rockets losses this season have come against top-10 opposition, though the first setback was much closer -- 75-73 to then-No. 8 UCLA in the final of the Cancun Challenge on Nov. 25.INJURED IRISHNotre Dame freshman Jackie Young was out of the lineup for the second straight game due to an ankle injury suffered when the Irish lost to Connecticut. Erin Boley, who picked up some of Youngs minutes, scored nine points.UP NEXTNotre Dame: The Irish stay in the area, heading to the Breslin Center Tuesday to meet Michigan State, the third game in a six-game road trip. Notre Dame doesnt play at home again until Jan. 5 against Wake Forest.Toledo: The Rockets, off to their best start since opening 12-1 in 2012-13, host Detroit Mercy on Wednesday. Air Max 97 Plus Black Shock Orange . The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the Lions have not announced the hiring, which was first reported by ESPN. Lombardi, the grandson of former Green Bay Hall of Fame coach Vince Lombardi, has been an offensive assistant on Sean Paytons New Orleans staff since 2007. Air Max 97 Plus Cheap . Team physician Dr. Steve Traina performed the surgery Friday. Robinson was injured in a spill underneath the Nuggets basket during the first quarter of Wednesday nights loss to the Charlotte Bobcats. http://www.outletairmax97.com/mens-nike-air-max-97-shanghai-kaleidoscope-ci1508-400.html . Louis Blues teammates who would also be participating in the Olympics, Alex Pietrangelo felt right at home, no different in some ways to the travel experience of any old road trip – save for the length of the journey, that is. Wholesale Air Max 97 . -- Linebacker Myles Jack ran for four touchdowns, defensive end Cassius Marsh caught a scoring pass, and No. Racer Pink Air Max Plus 97 .S. hockey team after paying his dues as an NHL general manager for more than three decades and giving up a lot of his free time to help USA Hockey.Rory McIlroy is targeting a Dubai Desert Classic hat-trick and a third consecutive win in Dubai as he returns to a familiar hunting ground this week. The world No 2 heads to Emirates GC as defending champion after his three-shot win last year, following on from a maiden professional victory at the same venue in 2009.McIlroy is also a two-time winner in Dubai at the DP World Tour Championship, most recently in November to end the year as Race to Dubai champion for the third time in four years, with the Northern Irishman previously referring to the city as being like a second home. The four-time major winner suffered another near-miss at the Desert Swing opener in Abu Dhabi last month, where a tie for third was his fourth top-three finish at the event in the past five years, but feels his game is in better shape heading in to this week. Rory McIlroy returns to Dubai this week as the defending champion Theres a couple little things that I tk from Abu Dhabi and worked on last week, McIlroy told a pre-tournament press conference. Hopefully youll see my game just a little bit sharper.Ive just been trying to work a little bit on my putting, trying to get a little more consistent with that.But the ball-strikings right there. With those slight adjustments, another weeks practise, hopefully I can play a bit better than what I did in Abu Dhabi.The game feels gd and Im lking forward to getting started. It (Dubai) seems to bring out my best golf. McIlroy king of Dubai? A llk back at McIlroys wins in Dubai I guess the last couple of times Ive played here Ive done pretty well, so Im sort of going for three in a row in Dubai with winning here last year.ddddddddddddMcIlroy begins his title defence alongside Louis sthuizen and former Dubai champion Henrik Stenson, who returns to action having pulled out of the Qatar Masters.Stenson underwent knee surgery in December and missed last weeks event to continue his recovery, but features in the event he last won in 2007. Stenson finished in a tie for third at the Desert Swing opener in Abu Dhabi I dont expect to be 100 per cent this week, either, but it should be gd enough once again, Stenson said. Its going to be that way for the next couple of months I guess.Its just finding that balance, how much you can do, and just keep on icing it and keep on doing the exercises and eventually youll be out of trouble.It was hard to miss Doha last week. I was ashamed to miss it, but felt like I had to give it a rest last week. I couldnt go straight back into playing 11 days of golf more or less coming out of surgery, so it was the wise decision. Hopefully Im gd to go this week and its great to be back.Watch the Dubai Desert Classic throughout the week live on Sky Sports 4 - your home of golf. Live coverage gets underway on Thursday from 4am. Or watch without a contract, from £6.99 with NOW TV Also See: McIlroys record in Dubai Desert Classic Power Rankings Recap: Rorys R2D victory Golf live on Sky Sports 4 ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 283 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen