Denmark while paired with Clarke. Tod

in Spam Area!!! 29.10.2019 09:27
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

SAN DIEGO -- Paul Henderson, a former president of sailings world governing body who also once served on the International Olympic Committee, is running for president of World Sailing.The 81-year-old Henderson said the governing body is t focused on making money and not enough on protecting the interest of sailors.If elected, he says he would streamline the number of foundations and bank accounts at World Sailing. He said he hired a forensic accountant who found that World Sailing has at least six accounts in various jurisdictions. He said it should have two at the most.Henderson, of Toronto, doesnt believe World Sailing is trying to hide money.Hiding is the wrong word, he said. Are they open and transparent? No. It needs to be much more detailed than it is.Henderson was president of what was then called the International Sailing Federation from 1994-2004.Hes running against incumbent Carlo Croce of Italy and Kim Anderson of Denmark. Voting for the four-year term will be on Sunday during the General Assembly in Barcelona.Henderson, a retired plumber, said he was encouraged by several people to run for the post.I dont think Ill get elected but at least Ill have a platform, he said in a phone interview.Of particular interest to Henderson is the Sailing Foundation that is being set up in Switzerland. Although World Sailing, based in Southampton, England, says there is no formal relationship between it and the foundation, Croce and two World Sailing vice presidents, including treasurer W. Scott Perry, are listed as directors. The foundations president is King Constantine of Greece, a former Olympic sailing gold medalist who is president of honor of World Sailing.Also listed as a director is Valery Gulev, the senior vice president of the Russian Sailing Federation who is a former executive with Russian energy giant Gazprom. World Sailing said there is no other relationship between the foundation and Gazprom.Gazprom signed a five-year, 5 million euro ($5.52 million) sponsorship deal with World Sailing, then known as ISAF, in December 2014.World Sailing said the foundation will raise funds from corporate donors to support the development of sailing. Because the foundation has not yet been approved by the Survey for International Foundations in Switzerland, it cannot set up a bank account, World Sailing said.Henderson said there are many unanswered questions about the foundation.Wheres all the money going? Whats going on here? Henderson said. They say this Swiss foundation is to promote sailing and youth sailing in emerging countries, which is all World Sailings job. They say they dont have anything to do with one another.Perry said in an email that the Gazprom sponsorship money goes to the World Sailing (UK) Ltd. account and nowhere else.Both Perry and World Sailing CEO Andy Hunt declined to provide a copy of the Gazprom deal to The Associated Press, saying it was covered by confidentiality clauses.We are reducing our reliance on the Olympic income which we receive once every four years by building increasingly successful sponsorship and commercial programs, Hunt said in an email. These initiatives ensure the sport is economically sustainable and help to ensure that we can continue to invest in the growth and development. Without successful commercial programs, it would be very difficult to create a virtuous circle of success for the sport.Hunt, World Sailings third CEO since October 2014, said he disagrees with Hendersons contention that World Sailing lacks financial transparency.I struggle to understand any claim that we are not transparent, Hunt said, saying World Sailings accounts are audited and published on its website. It is disappointing that there has been some significant misinformation that has been circulating on email and in the sailing media over the past few months which relate to a number of areas of administration at World Sailing.Henderson disagrees, saying he feels World Sailing is driven by money instead of being driven by being the governing body of the sport. With an organization like this, its just as bad to have t much money than not enough. You put your fingers into places they shouldnt be. Our sport is different than a lot of sports. Sailors own their own clubs. Theyre not owned by wealthy owners. Sailors own the sport.In 2015, Henderson filed a complaint with ISAF contending its five-member Americas Cup jury failed to provide a fair hearing to sailors from Oracle Team USA while investigating the biggest cheating scandal in the regattas history. ISAF rejected Hendersons complaint.Henderson also paid his own way to testify on behalf of former Oracle sailor Dirk de Ridder before the Court of Arbitration for Sport. ISAF had suspended de Ridder for five years, later reducing it to three. CAS further reduced de Ridders suspension, to 18 months.Croce didnt respond to a request for comment made with the London public relations firm that represents him.---Follow Bernie Wilson on Twitter at http://twitter.com/berniewilson cheap china jerseys . MORITZ, Switzerland -- Fog prevented downhill racers from getting their Olympic dress rehearsal. replica jerseys china .Y. -- Marcell Dareus and the Buffalo Bills defence made life miserable for Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco. https://www.chinajerseysreplica.us/ . -- Ken Appleby made 32 saves for his first shutout of the season to lead the Oshawa Generals to a 2-0 win over the Belleville Bulls on Wednesday in Ontario Hockey League action. fake jerseys china . Robredo, ranked No. 16, bounced back from an upset loss to Leonardo Mayer in the second round of the Royal Guard Open in Chile last week to down Carreno Busta in 1 hour, 25 minutes. On a day filled mostly with qualifying matches, fifth-seeded Marcel Granollers of Spain also entered the second with a 7-5, 3-6, 6-2 win over Aljaz Bedene of Slovenia, while Guido Pella of Argentina defeated Guillermo Garcia-Lopez of Spain 7-6 (6), 6-4 to advance. cheap jerseys from china . -- Jimmy Walkers first PGA Tour trophy came with a special gift tucked inside. Lee Westwd believes Europes six Ryder Cup rkies will be ready for anything when they attempt to secure an unprecedented fourth straight victory at Hazeltine next month.Captain Darren Clarke was reluctant to add another debutant to the five who qualified automatically, but ultimately found it impossible not to select Belgiums Thomas Pieters, who finished fourth in the Olympics, second in the Czech Masters and won in Denmark on Sunday.That means Europes side will contain six rkies for the first time since Celtic Manor in 2010 and the most since seven were on the team at Brkline in 1999.Lets make no bones about it, I think it will be tough, admitted Westwd, who will make his 10th consecutive appearance in the biennial event after being selected along with fellow former world No.1 Martin Kaymer.Its difficult to be a rkie on home soil when you have the crowd cheering for you, but to be a rkie in the States and be up against it, the crowd as well as the team, its a little extra.But I lk at our rkies and I see them not as rkies. Theres a lot of experience there and I lk at a lot of the players characters and I think they can take it, they can take a fight and a bit of stick.So Im still very positive. I think weve got some world-class players.Clarke was wildly enthusiastic about Pieters, tipping him to win to become world No.dddddddddddd1 and comparing him to the likes of Tiger Wds and Rory McIlroy.I am really proud of myself and just amazed how much confidence Darren has in me, said the 24-year-old, who shot an opening 62 in Denmark while paired with Clarke. Today couldnt be a better day.I lost some sleep over it on Friday and Saturday night, not because I was really nervous, but there was so much going on and everybody is asking about it and I think it just gets to you a little bit.Im just really pleased I found a way to concentrate and focus, and I had a job to do on Sunday.Pieters has experience of playing in America after a successful college career at the University of Illinois, where he won the NCAA Division 1 Championship in 2011 in a field containing two-time major winner Jordan Spieth.That means there will be no fear factor in facing such players at Hazeltine, but the three-time European Tour winner added: Its going to be a matter of dealing with the crowds I think.I havent really played in front of a crowd thats against you, so that will be interesting. But Im sure Ill be up for the task. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 167 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen