one short. We were 3-0 up in the semi-final and its something th

in Bewerbung 21.10.2019 09:31
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

CINCINNATI -- The Los Angeles Dodgers have placed a National-League leading 26 players on the disabled list this season. Slowly but surely, they are getting healthy.Gd news abounded on Friday. Right-handed starter Bud Norris and left-handed reliever Adam Liberatore were reinstated from the DL and ace Clayton Kershaw will take a significant step forward in his rehab from a herniated disk on Saturday when he throws 20-25 pitches off the mound inside Great American Ball Park.Im always cautiously optimistic, manager Dave Roberts said on Friday. With all the things weve incurred, we still find a way.The news wasnt as gd on the field Friday as Norris allowed six earned runs in 3 2/3 innings in his return in a 9-2 loss to Cincinnati.The Dodgers had won nine straight against the Reds. Theyll be lking to start another streak when Brett Anderson takes the mound Saturday hoping to improve on his season debut on Sunday when he allowed five runs and five hits in one inning of an 11-3 loss to the Pirates.Anderson will make his third career start against Cincinnati. In his two prior starts against the Reds, Anderson went 2-0 with a 2.13 ERA with just three earned runs given up in 12 2/3 innings. Cincinnati batted .224 against him in those outings.The Reds will counter with left-hander Brandon Finnegan who will make his 25th appearance and start of the season on Saturday. Hell face the Dodgers for the second time in his career.Finnegans last start at Dodger Stadium was a memorable one.On May 23, Finnegan allowed one run and five hits through eight innings of a 1-0 loss. It was the first complete game by a Reds left-hander since Lance Davis beat the Tigers on July 16, 2001, at Cinergy Field.Finnegan, who was acquired last July in the trade which sent Johnny Cueto to the Kansas City Royals, has endured some hard luck this season.He was matched up against Kershaw in the aforementioned start in May. He tk a no-hitter into the seventh inning on April 11 only to have it broken up with two outs then eventually lost the game. Finnegan also was the Reds starter on April 21 when Jake Arrieta no-hit them at Great American Ball Park.Fortunes for Cincinnati have turned around. Since the All-Star break, the Reds are 20-12 and have won eight of 10 series. They own the second-best record in the major leagues since the break.I understand that it was a tough first half and now its exciting to come to the ballpark knowing you have a chance to win, said Reds manager Bryan Price. Nobody wants to be at the bottom (off the standings). The overriding feeling in the first half, besides getting the pitching together, was were just a couple of pieces short. This is the way we envisioned the second half going. Wholesale Padres Jerseys .J. -- Pitcher Carl Pavano is retiring after 14 major league seasons. Padres Jerseys China . -- Arizona knocked off some quality opponents, rolled over a few overmatched ones and grinded out victories even when things didnt go so well. https://www.cheappadresjerseys.us/ . PETERSBURG, Fla. San Diego Padres Gear . Listen to the game live on TSN Radio 1050 at 7pm et. The Raptors traded Rudy Gay, Quincy Acy and Aaron Gray to the Sacramento Kings on Monday, in exchange for Greivis Vasquez, John Salmons, Patrick Patterson and Chuck Hayes. Cheap Padres Jerseys . Despite the cost, effort and an improved steroid test, its possible that very few -- if any -- positives will be detected, Dr. Richard Budgett told The Associated Press in an interview. "We just dont know what the results from Torino will be," Budgett said. Brisbane star Jamie Maclaren has embraced the expectation of re-producing the A-League magic that had thrust him into a Soccers jumper earlier this year.Maclaren made his national debut in May after an outstanding campaign that netted 18 goals in the regular season for the Roar, second only to Melbourne City striker Bruno Fornarolis 23.But speaking ahead of Fridays season-opener against Melbourne Victory, Maclaren had no hesitation in saying he could repeat his heroics this summer.Ive always believed in myself. Ive got coaches that believe in me, my teammates believe in me and I believe in what were doing, he told reporters on Tuesday.The structures that weve set up is attacking. Thats what I like and what the attackers like.The reason why I scored 20 goals was because of my teammates and all the chances they give me. Its my job to score goals but, if our team plays well, theyll create chances.However, not only is the 23-year-old confident of more individual success, but he predicts his team could progress further than their agonising extra-time exit last season in the semi-finals.In fact, Maaclaren said his team could win the whole thing.ddddddddddddWhy not? Last year, we fell one short. We were 3-0 up in the semi-final and its something that still hurts me and hurts the boys, he said.We started well last year and, if we can start well this year, its all about consistently winning games. If we can do that at home, get our away record better, hopefully we should be right.Maclaren has failed to add to his lone Soccers appearance against England five months ago, and has been overlked for upcoming World Cup qualifiers Saudi Arabia and Japan.But he insisted his sole focus was on helping the Roar to a strong start to the season, which was a major factor in his success last year.Ive got to get my form intact. Ive got to start scoring goals during the season, he said.Coming into last year, I didnt have the thought of the Soccers. This year is going to be the same. If the Soccers comes, it comes. If it doesnt, Ive got to make sure Im right for the team. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 30 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen