n a close-fought third set, and a long forehand ended the contest.I give my best,

in Mitglieder 09.10.2019 08:30
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

Stokes record signing Giannelli Imbula was the most expensive incoming Premier League transfer this January window, but who is the player previously labelled the new Patrick Vieira? Stoke signed Imbula on Deadline Day for a club record fee of £18.3m from FC Porto, and the former France U21 international has signed a five-and-a-half year contract.The midfielder has been compared to the legendary midfielder by sections of the French press, but Imbula has shrugged off such suggestions. Heres all you need to know about the midfielder the Potters hope will plug the gap left by Steven NZonzis summer departure... Profile Imbula has played in the Champions League for Porto this season Name: Giannelli ImbulaAge: 23Place of Birth: Vilvrde, BelgiumFormer clubs: Guingamp, Marseille, PortoPosition: Central midfielderBackground Imbula thrived under Marcelo Bielsa at Marseille Imbula started his professional career at French club Guingamp in Ligue 2 after rising through the academy. Before that, his youth career was spent at Racing Club and Paris Saint-Germain.At Guingamp, Imbula became the youngest player in Ligue 2 history to make his debut aged 17. He cemented his place as a first-team regular, and in the 2012/13 season he won promotion with the club to Ligue 1 as well as picking up the honour for Ligue 2 Player of the Season.After such a successful term, Imbula was signed by Marseille for €7m (£5.3m), but struggled to make a significant impact in his first season despite making 33 appearances.However, the following 2014/15 season he thrived under manager Marcelo Bielsa as part of a 3-3-3-1 formation where he developed a strong understanding with now-West Ham midfielder Dimitri Payet, Swansea forward Andre Ayew and Tigres striker Andre-Pierre Gignac.Imbula then moved to Porto in the last summer transfer window for €20m (£15.2m). He made 10 league appearances, getting one assist.Style of Play Stoke City manager Mark Hughes is delighted to have secured the signing of Imbula Imbula is known as a physical holding midfielder, and a strong passer who likes to create from a deep midfield position. He has been compared to the likes of Vieira in the past as well as Claude Makelele. Stoke fans may see him as a fitting replacement for Stephen NZonzi, who left the club for Sevilla last summer.Despite not being known as a player who will contribute greatly to the goals and assists count, in just his ten appearances for Porto this season, Imbula has created on average one chance a game. That stat is almost double the amount over Stokes best central midfield creators with Charlie Adam and Ibrahim Afellay averaging 0.6 chances a game.Considering Stoke have smashed their club record transfer fee to bring Imbula to the club, the chances are high he will take a starters role as one of the two central midfielders in Mark Hughes conventional 4-2-3-1 formation.What they say about him Niall Quinn & Paul Merson give their reaction to the news that City have signed Porto midfielder Imbula for a club-record fee of £18.3m Stoke City chairman Peter Coates: He played against us in Singapore and Mark liked him, and weve been tracking him ever since. Were always trying to improve the club and this is a big signing for us.Weve had a gd lk at him and hes a gd age, so if weve got the player we think weve got, he should be a gd player for us and a gd value player as well.Weve missed NZonzi. He had a terrific season for us last year and weve missed that extra quality in midfield, so were hoping Imbula is going to supply that.Stoke City manager Mark Hughes: Giannelli is a gd young player. He has great power, gd ability on the ball and a great range of passing and theres no doubt he will add to the quality that we already have at the club.He played against us in pre-season, and although I was already aware of him, seeing him at first hand resonated with me.Sky Sports pundit Niall Quinn: I dont think theres as much pressure on this signing as there would be had he signed for a Spurs who are going for a title for instance, or an Aston Villa who need to stay up. This is a nice signing for both right now and I think it will work out.What he says Imbula says its a dream to be able to play in the Premier League Im very excited, Im feeling very well and Im happy to discover my new partners and to play as sn as possible, he said.I believe all players dream to play in the Premier League. Im really pleased to have become a Stoke City player - its a very exciting moment for me in my career. Everyone talks about the Premier League. Its the biggest championship in the world and I really hope to be part of it very sn.Its really important the fact Mark Hughes has shown a desire to sign me. I will give my best for him and the club.The last months Ive spent in Porto have been difficult; I really hope everything will be fine here. It was important that the coach wanted me. I watched many Stoke City games and Ive really appreciated the way they play ftball.Stoke is a top 10 club, Ive watched a lot of the games and I know most of the players. Also See: Five that got away Top 10 Premier League deals Mersons transfer window grades Van Ginkel swaps Stoke for PSV Stitched Blue Jays Jerseys . He was followed closely by David Clarkson, donning red, seconds later. Clarksons actions one night earlier, leaping off the bench in defence of Kessel during a pre-season game against the Buffalo Sabres, will cost him the first 10 games of the regular season. Blue Jays Jerseys 2019 .com) - The game was all punts and field goals before Kodi Whitfields catch. https://www.cheapbluejays.com/ .Y. - General manager Billy King says the Brklyn Nets are lking to add a big man and confirmed the team worked out centre Jason Collins, who would become the first openly gay active NBA player if signed. Blue Jays Jerseys China . JOHNS, N. Toronto Blue Jays Pro Shop . After a first half in which he thought "the lid was on the basket," the Toronto Raptors coach watched his squad mount a second half surge to defeat the Cleveland Cavaliers 98-91. LONDON -- Over to you, Andy Murray.Novak Djokovic has got the two group-stage wins he needed to keep alive his hopes of regaining the No. 1 spot this week. He beat Milos Raonic 7-6 (6), 7-6 (5) in Tuesdays Tour Finals evening session to ensure he will be around for the weekend at the O2 Arena.Now all he needs to do is win a fifth consecutive title -- and sixth overall -- here to finish as year-end No. 1, if it comes down to a winner-takes-all shtout with Murray in Sundays final.There are other permutations by which Djokovic, who was overtaken in the rankings by Murray last Monday after 122 weeks, can finish the year on top but he knows his fate is still in his own hands.I have never felt unbeatable and I never will, the Serb told a post-match news conference. I dont feel vulnerable, he added, however, which could be a concern for Murray.Djokovic is perhaps the closest thing you can get to a sure bet against Raonic, having now won 18 of the 19 sets they have played over eight meetings.Raonic had his chances here, though. The Canadian failed to take two break points in the third game of the opening set, and was made to pay when Djokovic edged a tiebreaker after 64 minutes of play at the O2 Arena.After twice breaking the Djokovic serve to level the second set, Raonic then wasted a set point at 6-5 before the Serb came out on top in another tiebreaker to seal the win in two hours, 13 minutes.It was a very close match. Very few points separated us tonight. It really could have gone either way, added Djokovic.I was fortunate to get through the first set tiebreaker. I was down very early in both tiebreaks tonight. But I just managed to stay committed and put pressure on his second serves.But I should have done my job earlier, to be honest. Im not very pleased to drop my serve twice [in the second set] against Milos, especially the second time. I was 4-3, 30-Love, then just four pretty bad unforced errors.Credit to him for really hanging in there, putting pressure, being aggressive, especially from the forehand.dddddddddddd But, you know, I think I should have done better there.Gael Monfils was earlier beaten 6-3, 1-6, 6-4 by Dominic Thiem in Tuesdays afternn session at the O2 Arena.Not my best, was the Frenchmans blunt assessment of his fitness out there, having suffered an apparent knee injury and been sprawled flat out on his back at one point.Thiem went a set up in just 25 minutes here, with Monfils winning just five points on the Austrians serve. The 30-year-old was hobbling around in pain, toiling at the baseline and unable to slide and chase down what the Austrian was throwing at him to full effect.Monfils did race into a 4-0 lead in the second set, however, forcing the decider with Thiem threatening to crumble again like he did after winning the opening set against Djokovic Sunday.But a Monfils double fault gave Thiem match point in what had been a close-fought third set, and a long forehand ended the contest.I give my best, as usual, fighting with everything I had, he added. Thats the only matters when you step on the court.After a second defeat in two matches, it is fair to wonder whether Monfils will play his final round robin match Thursday against Djokovic, with alternate David Goffin waiting in the wings.I will try to recover because obviously Im not gd enough to play back-to-back. So hopefully, you know, Ill be much better, said Monfils.With his first Tour Finals victory, Thiem kept his hopes of making the semifinals alive. He next faces Raonic Thursday.Very happy that when Im facing him that theres still something going on, Thiem said in an on-court interview. Potentially I have the chance to reach the semifinals. Just try to get fit again for the last match and go. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 185 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen