his only previous visit in 2014, dominated Sundays

in Bewerbung 21.09.2019 04:03
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

CHICAGO -- One day after being yanked from a game for not hustling, Alex Rios busted out big slump in a big way. Rios hit a grand slam, drove in five runs and had three hits to lead the Chicago White Sox to a 10-6 victory over the Atlanta Braves on Saturday. Rios had been in a 2-for-20 slump before going 3-for-5. Rios, who also ended a homerless drought of 120 at-bats, insisted that his big day had nothing to do with being pulled from the game on Friday. "I go about my business the same way every day," he said. "It doesnt matter what happens the night before or whatever. I try to do the same things every day and I try to perform my best. "I felt a little better today. I felt like I was seeing the ball better. When you see the ball better, its because youve done some mechanical adjustments." Rios and White Sox manager Robin Ventura disagreed on whether the benching was necessary, but they were on the same page in believing it didnt have any carry-over effect. "The other day he was 6-for-6 and there was nothing going on there," Ventura said referring to Rios performance at Detroit on July 9. "Hes just a gd player and he had a gd day. He came up at the right time. "He hit a grand slam and had some big hits to help us win. I dont think it had anything to do with last night." Either way, Rios slam turned around what appeared to be another lacklustre White Sox game into their 10th win in 32 games. Jake Peavy (7-4), making his first start since June 4 because of a fracture rib, got off to a shaky start. He allowed a two-run homer to Dan Uggla in the second inning and two more runs in the third. But he shut down the Braves during his final three innings. He allowed seven hits in six innings, and just two of the four runs charged to him were earned. "I probably came out of the gate a little t fast because I was excited," Peavy said. "I had a little extra adrenaline, but the feel wasnt there. I was able to pull the reins back a little toward the middle and get my feel back a little bit to where I was throwing the ball more consistently to where I wanted it. "The boys picked me up today. The team came back and Alex got a big hit. It was a fun day." Braves starter Paul Maholm (9-9) was forced out in the fourth inning because of a sprained left wrist. He was staked to a 4-0 lead but couldnt hold it. He allowed seven runs and seven hits in three-plus innings. "It flared up on him in the fourth inning," Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez said of the injury. "He did it in Miami his last start when he was hitting. In the fourth it flared up on him a little bit and we didnt want to take any more chances. "We got him out of there as sn as we saw something." The soft-tossing left-hander started struggling with his location after retiring six of the first seven batters he faced. But the first five batters in the third inning got on, capped by Rios grand slam that gave the White Sox a 5-4 lead. Rios 12th homer of the season ended a power drought of 120 at-bats. During the White Sox 6-4 loss to the Braves on Friday, Rios hit what appeared to be a routine double-play grounder in the fifth inning. Braves shortstop Andrelton Simmons bobbled the ball, and Rios likely would have beaten the throw to first, but he didnt run hard out of the box. Instead of a run scoring, the White Sox were out of the inning. Ventura removed Rios in the seventh. Before Saturdays game, Rios admitted he was wrong for not running hard. He said it was caused mostly by frustration, and added that he wished Ventura had handled it differently. "(The message) would have gone through better if he put me in his office and talked to me personally," he said. "If he wants to make a statement for the team, it probably worked." On Saturday, the Sox followed their five-run third with a four-run fourth to break the game open. Chicagos latest struggles are a reason both Rios and Peavy have been involved in rumours as the July 31 trade deadline approaches. "With trade rumours, I dont like to speak about them because theyre just rumours," Rios said. "Until it happens, Ill just stick to the idea that theyre just rumours. When they happen, we can talk about it." NOTES: Braves RHP Brandon Beachy, recovering from Tommy John surgery in 2012, pitched five innings to get the win in a minor league rehab start on Friday. "He threw the ball really well," Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez said. "The report after the game was its the best hes felt in a while." . Braves LHP Mike Minor (9-4) faces LHP Jose Quintana (4-2) in the series finale on Sunday.Vapormax Sale Australia . Jim Rutherford, President and General Manager of the Carolina Hurricanes, announced Wednesday that the team would assign Swedish forward Elias Lindholm to his nations team for the upcoming tournament. Vapormax Shoes Sale . "Were just throwing s--- at the wall hoping something sticks," said Tortorella about the possible line combinations for Fridays game against Columbus. The Canucks have lost five straight games and six of their last seven, leaving them in a logjam in the Pacific Division, currently sitting fifth - gd for ninth in the Western Conference. http://www.vapormaxaustraliashoes.com/ . Louis Blues teammates who would also be participating in the Olympics, Alex Pietrangelo felt right at home, no different in some ways to the travel experience of any old road trip – save for the length of the journey, that is. Nike Air Vapormax Plus Mens Sale . The Celtics closed out their first preseason under Stevens on Wednesday night with a 101-97 victory over the Brklyn Nets, who rested a lot of their lineup including former Celtics Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce. Nike Vapormax Flyknit Australia .com) - Manchester City midfielder David Silva is expected to miss the next four weeks because of a calf problem.VIENNA -- Andy Murray closed in on the No. 1 ranking by winning his third straight ATP title at the Erste Bank Open on Sunday.The Scot can overtake Novak Djokovic atop the ATP rankings next week if he wins the Paris Masters and the Serb doesnt reach the final.I get a step closer with every win but its still a long way from here, Murray said. From two to one seems a small jump in a way but its the hardest one to make. To go from 100 to 50 is more spots but is a lot easier.In Sundays final, Murray defeated Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 6-3, 7-6 (6) for his personal-best seventh title of the season, and 42nd overall. Djokovic has also won seven events this year.I was thinking more about how you are going to win the match rather than what it would mean if you did win it. But obviously its nice to win my seventh tournament, Murray said. A lot of them have come in the last few months. After the Australian Open I struggled a little bit for a couple of months but the last few months have been very gd.Murray extended his unbeaten streak to 15 matches after also winning in Beijing and Shanghai.I think I played my best tennis of the tournament today. Thats pleasing, obviously, as you want to improve as an event goes on, he said.The 15th-ranked Tsonga, who was the 2011 champion, appeared in his first final of the season, which has been marred by adductor and left knee injuries.ddddddddddddt was a positive week for me. It was very gd to be in the final, Tsonga said. I played gd tennis. It was nice to play five matches in a row. It hasnt happened many times these last couple of months.Murray advanced to the final after defending champion David Ferrer pulled out with a left leg injury, while Tsonga saved a match point in his 2 1/2-hour semifinal against Ivo Karlovic on Saturday.Murray, who also won in Vienna on his only previous visit in 2014, dominated Sundays final from the start. He raced into a 3-0 lead by taking 14 of the first 19 points of the match.He avoided break points in his games, and missed a set point on the Frenchmans serve at 5-2 but clinched the opening set the next game with his second ace.Murray conceded just two points on his way to a 2-0 lead in the second set but started to struggle with his first serve as his percentage dropped to 18 halfway through the second set.He hit a forehand long on the only break point for Tsonga to help the Frenchman level at 4-4.Murray missed his first match point in the tiebreaker as he netted a forehand return, but closed out the win on his second chance with an ace. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 45 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen