k soreness. ... C Jonathan Lucroy had a scheduled game off to rest. ... IN

in Mitglieder 19.09.2019 04:49
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Matt Joyce sent a message with his bat. Joyce hit one of three homers off Jon Lester to help the Tampa Bay Rays beat the AL East-leading Boston Red Sox 8-3 on Tuesday night. Joyce, one day after being hit by a pitch that sparked a bench-clearing scrum, put the Rays up 7-3 on a two-run shot in the fifth that ended Lesters night. "Its a great feeling, especially to help your team win," Joyce said. "Ive never really been the type of person to talk a lot of trash, so I wanted, of course, to come out and play a gd game. Play the game the right way and win the ballgame." Desmond Jennings homered twice, while Evan Longoria also went deep for the Rays. Roberto Hernandez (4-6) allowed three runs and seven hits over seven-plus innings. Lester (6-3) had his winless streak reach five starts, including three losses, since beating the Rays on May 15. The left-hander gave up seven runs, eight hits and seven walks in 4 2-3 innings. "Over the last two or three, I think Ive thrown the ball better than what the linescore showed," Lester said. "This one, obviously, it is what it is. Its just terrible. I did a terrible job of helping our bullpen out, a terrible job of keeping the ball down in the zone. The list goes on. This is solely on me. I just flat out didnt get it done." The teams were coming off a testy 14-inning game Monday night won by the Red Sox 10-8 that tk 5 hours, 24 minutes. An on-field scrum tk place in the sixth after Bostons John Lackey hit Joyce in the centre of the back with a pitch. Lackey insisted he meant no harm, though the Rays hardly were convinced of that as Joyce and Tampa Bay manager Joe Maddon both said it was intentional. "Im sure he was, definitely, mentally involved in this game," Maddon said of Joyce. "He had himself a nice night." Hernandez hit Dustin Pedroia, who was leading off the eighth Tuesday, with a pitch that got away from the right-hander. Pedroia immediately ran to first base and nothing else ensued. The Rays grabbed a 4-3 lead during the third on run-scoring singles by Ryan Roberts and Jose Molina. Longoria made it 5-3 on a solo shot in the fourth. Tampa Bay tk a 2-1 advantage on Jennings solo homer in the second. He also had a solo drive off Jose De La Torre in the fifth for his third career multihomer game. "Anytime they get over the fence it feels pretty gd," Jennings said. Mike Napoli had a two-run single in the third that put Boston ahead 3-2. After Pedroia gave the Red Sox a 1-0 lead in the first with a sacrifice fly, Tampa Bay tied it in the bottom half when James Loney walked with bases loaded on the fourth free pass of the inning issued by Lester. "The first inning kind of sums up the whole night," Lester said. "I was not able to repeat whatever pitch it may be, fastball, curveball, changeup, cutter. I just was not able to repeat, whether it be a location or just the pitch itself. Its not gd." Bostons Jose Iglesias extended his hitting streak to 14 games with a single in the third. Pedroia had his 14-game hitting streak end. NOTES: Joyce is 4 for 8 with two homers against Lester. ... The Rays have hit four or more homers in consecutive games for the first time in team history. ... Boston RHP Clay Buchholz (neck stiffness) will have his next start on Friday pushed back at least two days. ... Tampa Bay LHP David Price (strained left triceps) will throw in a simulated game Thursday. ... Maddon said RHP Kyle Farnsworth, who left Mondays game with right elbow soreness, felt pretty gd Tuesday. The reliever played catch before the game and said he was available to pitch Tuesday Buy Shoes Ireland . The recently retired Stern was elected Friday to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame and will be enshrined with the class of 2014 on Aug. Fake Shoes Ireland . -- Josh Sterk scored once and set up two more as the Oshawa Generals edged the visiting Belleville Bulls 3-2 on Friday in Ontario Hockey League action. https://www.shoesirelandsale.com/ . 4 Villanova with a 96-68 drubbing on Monday. Wragge hit 9-of-14 from behind the arc, matching Kyle Korvers schl record for 3-pointers in a game set in 2003, as Creighton (16-3, 6-1 Big East broke a conference record with 21 treys in the rout. Shoes Ireland Free Shipping .ca lks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. Shoes Ireland On Sale . It says Pocklingtons lawyer filed the appeal Friday in a California court. CTV Edmonton also says Pocklington gave a $100,000 cash deposit as part of the conditions of his bail, and that he will be out on bail until his appeal is heard. MILWAUKEE -- Once Zach Davies got going, the Arizona Diamondbacks didnt have much of a chance.Davies pitched 6 1/3 effective innings, Hernan Perez hit a two-run homer, singled and scored the go-ahead run in the sixth and the Milwaukee Brewers beat the Diamondbacks 6-4 on Thursday.Davies is now 3-0 with a 1.71 ERA with four walks and 17 strikeouts in four starts in July.Hes had a bunch of starts like this, Brewers manager Craig Counsell said. When he gets into a grve, he runs through the lineup pretty gd.I was making sure I settled down a little bit and focused more, Davies said. Once the first inning is over, you let it go.Davies got some key run support for Perez, who started at shortstop for benched Jonathan Villar. Perez crushed Robbie Rays first pitch 458 feet off the facing of the scoreboard in deep center for the two-run homer in the third.That was huge, but I knew I had to keep it there and keep making pitches, Davies said of Perezs sixth home run this season.Davies (8-4) allowed three runs -two earned- on six hits. Facing the Diamondbacks for the first time, he walked one and struck out five.Jeremy Jeffress pitched the ninth for his 24th save in 25 chances.The Brewers added a run when Kirk Nieuwenhuis homered off Tyler Clippard leading off the eighth.Ray (5-10) cruised through the first five innings, then struggled in the sixth with the game tied at 2.Diamondbacks manager Chip Hale was none t happy with the bullpen.I tk him (Ray) out after he gave up the lead and our bullpens got to be able to hold it, Hale said. Burgos has got to be able to get that guy out and get us in the dugout.If the bullpen doesnt get squared away, Hale hinted at some changes.We have got to find some guys out of our bullpen that are going to stop the bleeding, shut it down, Hale said. Its imperative. If we cant find them here, were going to have to go elsewhere and give other guys a chance.Ray struck out five straight batters, including the side in the second and fifth innings and set a career high with 11 strikeouts, one better than in his previus start, a 1-0 loss at Cincinnati on July 23.ddddddddddddVILLAR SITSBrewers SS Jonathan Villar was benched for a baserunning blunder in the first inning of Wednesday nights 8-1 loss to the Diamondbacks. Known for his aggressiveness, he tried to steal third with two outs, but catcher Welington Castillo nailed him with a perfect throw. Villar also made two errors in the top of the first.I think it is a gd day for him to just take a step back in general, Counsell said. It is a gd spot to just step back and watch the game.TRAINERS RMDiamondbacks: 3B Jake Lamb struck out as a pinch hitter in the seventh and stayed in the game at third. He missed the previous two games with a bruised left hand. Hale said that Lamb would start Friday. ... OF David Peralta (lower back strain) is scheduled to join the Diamondbacks on Friday. Hes been on a rehab assignment at Triple-A Reno. ... OF Socrates Brito (fractured right toe) has gone 1 for 7 two rehab games with the AZL Diamondbacks.Brewers: The Brewers have been very cautious with Braun and have given him several scheduled days off to rest. Braun had a tough May. He missed four games with right wrist soreness, two games with lower back soreness and two with neck soreness. ... C Jonathan Lucroy had a scheduled game off to rest. ... INF Will Middlebrks has shown some improvement. He was placed on the 15-day disabled list July 25 with a lower right leg strain. Will has made some nice progress, manager Craig Counsell said. He was actually able to get on the field yesterday and play catch, which is a gd sign. Hopefully, were on the short end.UP NEXTDiamondbacks: RHP Zack Godley (3-1, 5.88 ERA) makes his second career appearance and first start against the Los Angeles Dodgers.Brewers: RHP Junior Guerra (6-2, 2.85) aims for his 11th quality start on Friday when he faces the Pittsburgh Pirates for the second time this season. He is 0-0 with a 2.57 ERA in two career games. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 71 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen