at hockey camp with my son let me see those moments closer t

in Mitglieder 19.09.2019 04:48
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

NEW ORLEANS -- Marcus LoVett hit 7 of 8 shots for 18 points and St. Johns tied the schl record with 16 3-pointers to race to a 95-75 win over Tulane on Friday night, ending a five-game losing streak.Federico Mussini and Bashir Ahmed added 17 points apiece and Shamorie Ponds 15 for the Red Storm (3-5), who shot 55 percent (33 of 60) from the field and 13 of 15 from the foul line.Tulane (1-7) shot a respectable 8 of 18 behind the arc (44 percent) but St. Johns was 16 of 25, matching the record set on March 18, 2014, against Robert Morris.The Red Storm made its first 3, missed its second and then reeled off nine in a row to lead 30-15. They led 51-32 at the half, making 11 of 14 behind the arc (79 percent) and 17 of 28 overall (61 percent).Ahmed and Ponds had four 3s apiece, LoVett and Mussini three, combining to go 14 of 19.Ryan Smith led Tulane with 17 points and Malik Morgan had 15. Vapormax 2019 Mujer .Y. -- Paul Byron and Matt Stajan scored as the Calgary Flames started a five-game road trip with a 2-1 overtime win over the Buffalo Sabres on Saturday afternn. Vapormax Flyknit Falsas . -- There were a lot of firsts for the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday night. http://www.vapormaxbaratas.com/ . But now that hes in the NHL, the Calgary Flames centre showed big improvement in that department by scoring the winner in the eighth round of a 5-4 shtout victory over the Winnipeg Jets on Monday. Zapatillas Nike Just Do It . Numbers Game examines the deal that sees Michael Del Zotto and Kevin Klein switch places. The Predators Get: D Michael Del Zotto. Comprar Nike Tn Baratas . But by the time the game started, the Toronto Raptors forward felt even worse. And, for three quarters, it showed as Gay shot a woeful three-for-13 from the field. As a parent, you wonder if your childs love of sports is real, enduring and deep. Especially as they grow, and the leagues and teams and coaches become more and more intense.Is playing sports just something we do? A routine?Is it his choice? Or am I pushing him, trying to impose my own experiences as an athlete?My 8-year-old son, Will, plays hockey, a sport that requires maturity, discipline and sacrifice from the beginning. Nothing is easy, from simply getting dressed to play under a mountain of pads to learning to stay on your feet on skates. There are the 7 a.m. ice times, the cold rinks, the long drives. You really have to want to be there.I signed up for Heartland Hockey Camp to see if my sons love for hockey was his own.Id read about Heartland in USA Hockey magazine. The camp in Deerwd, Minnesota, is 80 acres of hockey heaven in a rustic setting. The ice rink features a giant video screen and classrms, and there are lots of off-ice activities -- like a miniature golf course, bonfire pit and water slides -- among the weight rm, dorms and dining hall. Its all run by Steve Jensen, a 1976 U.S. Olympian and former NHL player who works to make the camp accessible for anyone who loves the game and wants to get better. He sets a positive tone with an emphasis on fun while working to instill proper training, technique and discipline.But the most interesting element of that camp is that it is also built for parents. Parents are welcome to stay on site and can watch the kids train and play as much as they want. Or, they can read a bk or go for a run. Parents can bunk with their athletes and share meals together.For me, going to camp was one part experiment, two parts opportunity to spend time with one of my favorite people on Earth. It was a sports parenting vacation in which Id get a better understanding of Wills genuine feelings about the game.I spent a lot of my time rinkside watching the four-plus hours of ice time each day. But it was also beautiful to linger at meals, spend time in the rm or waalk the grounds knowing my son was with his group of mites.dddddddddddd It was a joy to see him make new buddies from around the country, to chse to go to extra skating sessions and to head to the lake in his free time.Will definitely grew up a little over the course of the week. He began to pay attention to the clock and get to sessions on time. He noticed what he was eating and considered the energy it would provide.On the second night, I asked him if he liked the camp, and he said, Yes, of course. I said on a scale of 1 to 10, what is it? He said, A 10! That rating didnt budge throughout the week. (Im sure the minigolf didnt hurt.) He got out of bed eagerly each day, he worked hard on his drills, he studied the game. All on his own.Midway through the week, I watched Will rise to the occasion right in front of Coach Jensen and conquer Heartlands Hardest Corner -- a complex drill with a maze of cones and backward crisscrosses that requires concentration and dexterity. Will beamed as he finished. He pumped his fist. I could see he was proud of his accomplishment.Being at hockey camp with my son let me see those moments closer than I would have at a typical practice. It brought me a sense of balance amid the seemingly breakneck race to excellence in youth sports. More importantly, Will came away happy. He made friends. He worked hard. He learned more about what it means to be an athlete. He connected with the sport in a new way.It was an affirmation. For both of us.Since we dove into the world of youth hockey, the tangled web of mites, peewees, squirts, bantams, 07s, 08s, 09s (and Double-A, Triple-A, on and on ... ) hasnt always made sense. Its a new language weve had to learn together. At times, its felt t intense, t sn.But now at least I know Will is playing for the right reason: He loves it.Laura Gentile is senior vice president, espnW and Womens Initiatives at ESPN. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 173 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen