his 145th career at-bat against Arizona.

in TeeLeague 18.09.2019 03:57
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

You would think that helping his hometown end a 52-year title drought would allow LeBron James to take his ft off the gas. But he cant because hes still in pursuit ... of Michael Jordan.My motivation is this ghost Im chasing, James said in an interview with Sports Illustrated. The ghost played in Chicago.James, who grew up in the Greater Cleveland area, this season led the Cleveland Cavaliers to their first championship, overcoming a 3-1 Finals deficit in the process. He picked up his third title after winning two with the Miami Heat. The four-time MVP is one of the best ever, but Jordan is considered by many to be the best.My career is totally different than Michael Jordans, James said, according to Sports Illustrated. What Ive gone through is totally different than what he went through. What he did was unbelievable, and I watched it unfold. I lked up to him so much. I think its cl to put myself in position to be one of those great players, but if I can ever put myself in position to be the greatest player, that would be something extraordinary.?James conceded that he had wondered whether it was possible to dig out of the hole the Cavaliers were in against the Golden State Warriors.Youre down 3-1, and nobody has ever come back from 3-1, he said, according to SI.com. Youre facing a team that won 73 games, and youre going back to their home flr, where they just won 54 in a row. Self-doubt creeps in.He said he sent a text message to his teammates after Game 4 saying, in part, Let it go, play hard, be focused, follow my lead, and Ill make sure you get home for a Game 6.James scored 41 points in each of the next two games, both victories, to set up a winner-take-all Game 7 in Oakland. James put up a triple-double, and the Cavaliers pulled out a close win. James had arguably one of the best Finals of all time, leading both teams in points, rebounds, assists, blocks and steals. He tk a huge step forward in his pursuit of Jordan.But MJ does still have six titles to James three. And the Warriors went out and signed Kevin Durant?this offseason. As a result, James has been in the gym by 6 a.m. lately.Ill have peace when Im done, James said, according to Sports Illustrated. Wholesale Shoes UK . He says so-called TRT is only one problem and he wants to go even further than the ban. "Its about time," St-Pierre told reporters at a promotional event in Montreal on Friday. "I think its a gd thing. Wholesale Shoes UK Free Shipping . Thousands of fans at Mosaic Stadium will be cozying up to each other in an effort to stay warm in chilly temperatures and block the Prairie wind that locals say can knock your socks off. https://www.shoesukonline.com/ . Pert has formerly spent time as an assistant coach with Cardiff City, Coventry City, and Bahrain mens national team. "Martyn is a highly-respected coach with experience at the top levels in England," said Whitecaps FC head coach Carl Robinson. Shoes Online UK Review .Y. - Nelson Mandela will be honoured by the New York Yankees with a plaque in Monument Park. Shoes UK Online Store . World champions Tatiana Volosozhar and Maxim Trankov of Russia won the gold medal with 237.71 points, Mre-Towers and Moscovitch followed at 208.45 and Ksenia Stolbova and Fedor Klimov of Russia were third at 187.CHICAGO -- Scott Hairston and Matt Garza kept the Chicago Cubs on a roll. Hairston hit a grand slam and Garza got his first victory of the season and the Cubs extended their winning streak to five games by defeating the Arizona Diamondbacks 7-2 on Friday. Alfonso Soriano had a two-run homer and Cody Ransom added a solo shot for the Cubs, who scored all their runs on homers and have won five straight for the first time since winning seven in a row from July 31-Aug. 6, 2011. The Cubs are still in fourth place in the NL Central, but theyve shown signs of a turnaround. Starting with a comeback 5-4 win last Sunday at Cincinnati that ended a six-game skid, Chicago has outscored opponents 36-12 and has a plus-11 run differential, which is seventh-best in the National League. "Were playing catch-up to everyone else but the fact of the matter is its still a long season," Cubs manager Dale Sveum said. "Youve seen it before when teams can win 15 in a row, 14 out of 16 something like that and all of a sudden before you know it youre right back in it and starting to have a lot of fun." The Cubs had plenty of fun Friday, and the win lked similar to their three victories over the White Sox when they outscored their rivals 24-6. Hairstons grand slam was the second in two games for the Cubs and was the highlight of a five-run third off Arizona starter Wade Miley (3-5). Pitcher Travis Wd hit one on Thursday in a win over the White Sox. It also gave them grand slams in consecutive games at Wrigley Field for the first time since Jim Hickman and Burt Hton did it Sept. 15-16, 1972, against the Mets. "I think confidence has a lot to do with it," Hairston said. "The weathers getting warmer and the winds blowing out. It makes you feel better as a hitter." Garza (1-0), who was also making his first home start of the season, bounced back from his previous start, when he gave up four runs in four innings last Sunday in Cincinnati. In his third start of the season since coming off the disabled list with a strained back muscle, Garza pitched seven innings and allowed two runs and six hits while striking out four for his first victory since July 15 of last season. "Im pumped to get it out of the way. Yeah, its huge," Garza said. "But just glad I kept this thing rolling." Things didnt go nearly as well for Miley and the Diamondbacks. Soriano gave the Cubs a 2-0 lead in the first with a two-run home run. On a 1-1 pitch, Soriano hit a high drive that was helped by the wind blowing out.dddddddddddd The homer was Sorianos 378th of his career, tying him with Diamondbacks third base coach Matt Williams for 66th all time. The Cubs then scored five runs in the third on Hairstons grand slam and Ransoms solo homer to cap the inning, which equaled their fourth inning against Texas on May 6 as Chicagos biggest of the year. One year after winning 16 games and finishing second in NL Rkie of the Year voting, Miley continued to struggle, going seven innings and allowing seven runs and seven hits. Hes lost four straight decisions and has given up 22 earned runs over his past four starts. "Pretty frustrated. But you gotta take those four innings, I feel like thats more me. I gotta move on from there," Miley said. "Throw the other stuff behind me, quit thinking, get the mental stuff out of my head and just go pitch, you know, compete." Mileys tough start was the second in a row for Arizona, which has lost four straight on the road. On Thursday, Brandon McCarthy lasted 2 2-3 innings and allowed nine hits and six runs in a 9-5 loss to the Rangers. Arizona manager Kirk Gibson wasnt focusing on how Miley helped save a taxed bullpen, just the seven early runs. "Well, were not here to save our bullpen, were here to win games," Gibson said. "He didnt throw the ball very gd, made some mistakes." The Cubs capitalized. Combining the offence with the effective starting pitching and a defence that helped Garza, including a catch by Hairston against the ivy on a Paul Goldschmidt drive in the first, Chicago had another easy win. "It was a great team effort today, through and through," Hairston said. NOTES: Sorianos home run was his 18th in his 145th career at-bat against Arizona. ... Garza went 0 for 3 at the plate to keeping Cubs pitchers at 19 RBIs in May, the most by a pitching staff during one month in NL history. ... The announced attendance of 24,645 was the smallest of the season at Wrigley Field. ... The umpiring crew at Wrigley Field also worked Thursdays Royals-Cardinals game in St. Louis that ended at 3:14 a.m. Friday. ... Before Fridays game the Diamondbacks placed 3B Eric Chavez on the 15-day disabled list with a strained oblique he suffered Thursday at Texas. Arizona also activated utility man Willie Blmquist from the DL after missing two months with an oblique strain. ... Saturdays pitching matchup is the Diamondbacks Ian Kennedy (2-3, 4.70) against the Cubs Jeff Samardzija (3-6, 2.85). ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 548 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen