second quarter with an 18-yard pass to T.L. Ford II as Charlotte

in Clan- und Funwars 10.09.2019 09:01
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

MILWAUKEE -- Matt Garza is finally healthy and its beginning to show.The Milwaukee Brewers right-hander pitched into the eighth inning for the first time this season, leading his team to a 3-1 victory over the St. Louis Cardinals on Wednesday night.Ive just been trying to get back to normal, Garza said. I finally feel back to where I should be. Im not fighting my body anymore. Im not fighting my pitches.Garza missed more than two months at the start of the season with a strained right lat muscle and struggled in July before showing more consistency in August.Im actually getting to be able to play pain-free and its exciting for me, Garza said. Its been three, four years since I have been like this. I found my slider, my breaking stuff. Im just going to embrace the moment and go out there and have some fun.Garza (5-6) gave up one run and three hits in seven-plus innings while walking two and striking out eight.It was another start where he was very gd, Milwaukee manager Craig Counsel said. Hes got a little string going right now where hes really making pitches.Kirk Nieuwenhuis hit a three-run homer off Luke Weaver (1-2) in the third inning for the Brewers, who snapped a six-game losing streak.He just left a changeup up. I was able to get inside it and put a gd swing on it, Nieuwenhuis said.Nieuwenhuis blast came after Garza drew a two-out walk and Jonathan Villar followed with a double.I was just trying to take as many pitches as possible and keep myself from going back out there really quick, Garza said. He threw a gd cutter off and I leaned out there. I was telling myself, `Id rather you punch out lking than swing at something in the dirt.Garza allowed the first two batters in the eighth to reach base. After Greg Garcia singled, he walked pinch-hitter Stephen Piscotty.Hes got a lot of power and I dont want to make a mistake leaving something over the middle. So I made sure to keep stuff down or off and he wasnt biting, so you just tip your cap to a gd at-bat for him, Garza said.Carlos Torres replaced Garza and pitched out of the jam, but not before loading the bases with two outs.Yadier Molina hit a solo home run in the fourth for the Cardinals giving them a homer in a franchise-record 20 consecutive games.Weaver, making his fourth major league start, gave up three runs and four hits in six innings. He walked two and struck out 10, including four straight at one point.The Brewers loaded the bases with one out in the sixth but failed to score off Weaver, who struck out Keon Broxton lking to end the inning.Tyler Thornburg notched his sixth save in 10 chances.LETS MAKE A DEALThe Brewers traded OF Eric Young Jr., who has spent the entire season at Triple-A Colorado Springs, to the New York Yankees, for cash considerations.STRIKING OUTThe Brewers struck out 43 times in the three-game series, including a franchise-record 19 times on Monday, 12 in a 10-inning game on Tuesday and another 12 on Wednesday.Strikeouts are hurting us, Counsell said.TRAINERS RMCardinals: 1B Matt Adams, on the DL with left shoulder inflammation, could sn return to the lineup. Adams is getting healthy and getting close, manager Mike Matheny said.Brewers: Counsell said OF Domingo Santana is healthy despite being out of the starting lineup for the third consecutive game. Santana missed games in May with a sore shoulder. An ailing right elbow kept him out of the lineup from the first week of June until earlier this month.UP NEXTCardinals: Alex Reyes (1-0, 0.64 ERA) will make his second major league start when St. Louis starts a three-game series at Cincinnati on Friday. He had a no-decision in his first start on Saturday against Oakland, allowing one run and two hits in 4 1/3 innings.Brewers: Junior Guerra (7-3, 2.93) will return to the rotation when Milwaukee opens a three-game series at Pittsburgh on Friday. Guerra had been on the DL with right elbow inflammation. He is 1-0 with a 1.72 ERA in three career games (two starts) against the Pirates. Michael Conforto Jersey . -- The goal posts lying flat on the field, Arizonas fans lingered on the field, congregating around the locker rm entrance nearly 30 minutes after rushing out of the stands. Gary Carter Jersey .C. -- Todd Fiddler scored a hat trick, including the overtime goal, as the Prince George Cougars survived an 8-7 win against the Kamlps Blazers in Western Hockey League play Sunday. http://www.metssale.com/mets-todd-frazier-jersey/ . NBA officials ruled the court unplayable in the Bucks final exhibition game on Oct. 25 because players were slipping, and the game was cancelled midway through the first period. den-jersey/" target="_blank">Dwight Gden Jersey . Rob Manfred, baseballs chief operating officer, testified last week during the grievance filed by the players union to overturn Rodriguezs 211-game suspension. A person familiar with the hearing, speaking on condition of anonymity, told The Associated Press on Saturday that Manfred testified the sport wasnt concerned whether Bosch distributed performance-enhancing drugs to minors because MLBs interest was his relationship with players under investigation. Jed Lowrie Mets Jersey . Belfort (24-10) needed just 77 seconds to down Henderson in the headlining bout of Saturdays "UFC Fight Night: Belfort vs. Henderson" event at Goiania Arena in Goiania, Brazil. The fight served as a rematch of the pairs 2006 meeting, which Henderson won by decision. HATTIESBURG, Miss. -- Hasaan Klugh ran for a touchdown and capped a 21-point second quarter with an 18-yard pass to T.L. Ford II as Charlotte rallied past Southern Mississippi, 38-27 on Saturday.Klugh capped an 80-yard, three-play drive in the first quarter with a 7-yard scamper for a touchdown, but the Golden Eagles answered with a pair of first-quarter touchdown passes by Nick Mullens to take a 14-7 lead.The 49ers (4-5, 3-2 Conference USA) responded with a pair of long touchdown drives in the second quarter. Robert Wasshington capped a 75-yard, six-play drive with a 58-yard burst to the end zone and Chris Montgomery capped a 99-yard, 12-play drive with a 9-yard burst.ddddddddddddJuwan Foggie blocked a Southern Miss punt in the end zone and Ed Rolle recovered for a touchdown to put Charlotte up 38-14.Mullens was 19 of 25 for 249 yards and two touchdowns for Southern Miss (5-4, 3-2), but was picked off twice. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 445 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen