?Matt Wieters and Buster Posey on the greatest

in Clan- und Funwars 10.09.2019 09:00
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

SAN MARTIN, Calif. -- When Mirim Lee walked off the course following her record-tying round, she described her day with words usually not heard when talking about the U.S. Womens Open.So todays round was easy day -- easy round, yeah, Lee said.She sure made it lk that way when she became the fifth golfer to sht a round of 8-under par at the U.S. Womens Open on Thursday, making 10 birdies on the way to a 64 to take the first-round lead at CordeValle.With the greens not quite as firm as they likely will be later in the week and the wind not playing a major factor, there were low scores to be had throughout the field -- at least for the opening morning of the tournament when 23 players shot under par, including six of the top seven on the leaderboard.I definitely expect it to change, said Cristie Kerr, who was three shots behind Lee in a tie for second. I dont think the USGA likes when we sht 8-under on their golf course. You have to expect it to change, and if it doesnt, then youll have opportunities to score.The play got much tougher in the afternn when the wind picked up and only 14 players were under par, led by Amy Yang who birdied 18 to move into a three-way tie for second at -5 with Kerr and Minjee Lee.None of the players in the marquee group that featured three of the top four players in the world in Lydia Ko, Brke Henderson and Lexi Thompson could break par. Ko birdied her final hole at No. 9 to finish the day 1 over, one shot ahead of Thompson and three in front of Henderson.Those three will need to do plenty of work to catch Lee.I dont know what course she played, maybe the ladies tees, maybe a different course, Ko said. But she played fantastic. We were checking the leaderboard, she made two bogeys and still shot 8-under. Its very impressive. She must have hit a lot of fairways and made gd putts. I think obviously thats the key.Lee is the first woman to sht that much below par at the U.S. Open since Lorie Kane and Becky Iverson did it in the second round in 1999 at Old Waverly in Mississippi. The lowest total score in a round in U.S. Open history is a 63 by Helen Alfredsson in 1994 at the par-71 Indianwd in Michigan.Lee capped her record day with birdie from about 8 feet on her final hole at the par-5 ninth.The course is perfect now, Mirim Lee said. Greens are really fast.Kerr, playing in the same group with Lee, nearly matched her stroke for stroke with players standing 3-under through their first 11 holes. But Lee birdied five of her final seven holes, while Kerr had three birdies and a bogey down the stretch as a gap opened between the two.Despite that, Kerr was quite pleased with how her round went considering the way she has played most of this year. The 2007 U.S. Open winner has not finished higher than 10th all season and missed two cuts in her three tournaments leading into this week.But with a new shaft on her driver, Kerr found her game in the opening round.When youre struggling to hit fairways, it makes the game a lot harder, Kerr said. And then the mental game gets off of it, its a whole process like that. But I knew when I found the driver this week that it just felt so much like my old driver and we found the right combination and even if I missed a little bit I could feel what I did wrong, I could feel the difference.Kelly Tan, Brittany Lang and Anna Nordqvist were tied with Yang four shots back at 4-under. Nordqvist hit all 18 greens in regulation, the first time that has happened at the U.S. Open since the statistic started being tracked in 1986. Sydnee Michaels, Moriya Jutanugarn and Eun Hee Ji were all at 3 under.So Yeon Ryu, the 2011 U.S. Open winner, shot a triple-bogey eight on her final hole at the ninth to fall from 4-under to 1-under.Defending champion In Gee Chun, followed by about a dozen members of the Flying Dumbo fan club wearing shirts that Chun designed, hit back-to-back bogeys on the front nine and finished 1 over. Chun is seeking to become the eighth player to repeat as U.S. Open champion and first since Karrie Webb did it 15 years ago. Thomas Welsh Nuggets Jersey .C. -- Chris Thorburn thinks one of the reasons the Winnipeg Jets have been successful under new coach Paul Maurice is that theyre playing together as a team. Allen Iverson Nuggets Jersey . Dallas hasnt ruled out the star quarterback for Sunday nights game against Philadelphia, but all signs point to Romos back injury pushing Kyle Orton into the starting role after two years of limited play as the backup. Surely Ortons name isnt the first that comes to mind for fans wanting a change after years of damaging interceptions, fumbles or, most infamously, the field goal flub when Romo dropped the snap on a kick that could have won his first playoff game in 2006. http://www.authenticnuggetsproshop.com/Malik-Beasley-Jersey/ . Sulaiman, 44, was chosen unanimously Tuesday in a vote by the leadership, the World Boxing Council said. Sulaiman becomes the sixth president of the organization. Custom Denver Nuggets Jerseys . Wilson hit Schenn from behind during Tuesday nights game in Philadelphia, earning a five-minute major for charging and a game misconduct. He has a phone hearing with the department of player safety, which limits any potential suspension to five or fewer games. Tyler Lydon Jersey .S. Open champion Justin Rose birdied the first hole with a blind shot he hit to a ft of the pin, and he stayed in front Tuesday until he completed a 4-under 67 for a two-shot lead over Jason Dufner in PGA Grand Slam of Golf. You know the names: Ruth, Aaron, Mays, Mantle, Bonds, DiMaggio. And you know the nicknames: The Iron Horse, the Big Train, the Big Unit, the Wizard, Shoeless Joe.But where do they rank in our All-Time #MLBRank Top 100?To create our list, an ESPN expert panel voted on thousands of head-to-head matchups of 162 players, based on both peak performance and career value.Nos. 20-1All-Time #MLBRank: Nos. 10-1All-Time #MLBRank: Nos. 20-11Stark: Koufax, Joe D, Jackie t high? Maybe, but were only humanThree Up, Three Down: Aces vs. CFKurkjian: My all-time top 10Re-rank the All-Time Top 20Szymborski: What did voters get right? Whatd they get wrong???Szymborski: Whos destined for the future 100???Gallery: All-time top 20Baseball Tonight: Why The Babe is No. 1 ??Nos. 40-21All-Time #MLBRank: Nos. 40-31All-Time #MLBRank: Nos. 30-21Stark: My all-time top 10Kahrl: Jackie Robinson is second to noneMatthews: A-Rods rating is a PED puzzleSzymborski: What did voters get right? Whatd they get wrong???Infographic: Franchise #MLBRank Top 100 timelineBaseball Tonight: Does Kershaw belong at No. 26? | Roses No. 37 ranking divides experts | Is Trout already a top 40 player? ??Nos. 60-41All-Time #MLBRank: Nos. 60-51All-Time #MLBRank: Nos. 50-41Olney: My all-time top 10 | Olney on Babe Ruth ??Marchand: Not top 50? Jeter will take the ringsSzymborski: What did voters get right? Whatd they get wrong???Baseball Tonight: Rivera makes the 100 | Gwynns uncanny ability to hit | Is Nolan Ryan overrated? | Is Ramirez a top 10 right-handed hitter? ??Nos. 80-61All-Time #MLBRank: Nos. 80-71All-Time #MLBRank: Nos. 70-61Crasnick: My all-time top 10Kahrl: The DH as a career extenderSzymborski: What did voters get right? Whatd they get wrong???Baseball Tonight: Is Big Papi t high up in the 100? | Praisse for Chipper Jones | Frank Thomas finds the right spot in #MLBRank | Does Shoeless Joe belong? ??Nos.dddddddddddd100-81All-Time #MLBRank: Nos. 100-91All-Time #MLBRank: Nos. 90-81Matz: Wait. What? Harpers at No. 85?Schoenfield: My all-time top 10Schoenfield: Ranking baseballs all-time best is tough, but funSzymborski: What did voters get right? Whatd they get wrong???#MLBRank Gallery: Just a bit outside the top 100Baseball Tonight: Should Harper be top 100 already? | BBTN crew reacts to Harper | Schillings postseason success | Piazzas hitting ??Top 10 pitchers and catchersAll-Time #MLBRank: Top 10 catchersAll-Time #MLBRank: Top 10 right-handed pitchersAll-Time #MLBRank: Top 10 left-handed pitchersSchoenfield: Koufax mythology lms large over modern leftiesSzymborski: What did voters get right? Whatd they get wrong???Bryce Harper on which pitching great hed like to face??Matt Wieters and Buster Posey on the greatest catcher??#MLBRank All-Star Galleries: American League | National LeagueSzymborski: All time AL All-Stars vs. All time NL??Top 10 infieldersAll-Time #MLBRank: Top 10 first basemenAll-Time #MLBRank: Top 10 second basemenAll-Time #MLBRank: Top 10 third basemenAll-Time #MLBRank: Top 10 shortstopsSzymborski: What did voters get right? Whatd they get wrong???Kahrl: Is it time to re-examine the greatness of Gehrig and Wagner?Red Sox SS Xander Bogaerts on Derek Jeter??Top 10 outfieldersAll-Time #MLBRank: Top 10 left fieldersAll-Time #MLBRank: Top 10 center fieldersAll-Time #MLBRank: Top 10 right fieldersWhich superstar would you chse? Mays or Mantle? Aaron or Ruth?Szymborski: What did voters get right? Whatd they get wrong?? ? ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 296 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen