ree-time Pro Bowl center dislocated his

in Bewerbung 28.08.2019 08:47
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

MINNEAPOLIS -- Already battling the Tigers, Astros, Orioles and Blue Jays for a wild-card slot in the American League playoffs, the Mariners now face another potentially daunting opponent as they head into the second game of their current six-game road swing -- distraction.Seattle faces the Twins on Saturday evening in Minnesota having won big in the series opener on Friday by a 10-1 score. The Mariners will send lefty Ariel Miranda (5-1) out to face Minnesota right-hander Tyler Duffy (8-11). But the weekend started with some big Mariners news off the field, when the team on Friday suspended catcher Steve Clevenger for the rest of the season, without pay. Clevenger, who was already on the 60-day disabled list with a broken right hand, sent out a pair of Tweets on Thursday that were critical of Black Lives Matter protestors in Charlotte and of President Obama.As sn as we became aware of the tweets posted by Steve yesterday, we began to examine all of our options in regard to his standing on the team, said Mariners general manager Jerry Dipoto in a statement on Friday. Today we have informed him that he is suspended for the remainder of the season without pay.Its an unnecessary sideshow for a Mariners team still in the thick of the wild-card race, but needing to leapfrog at least two teams to get to the postseason. But after manager Scott Servais addressed the team about the Clevenger situation on Friday, the Seattle players say theyre focused on the task at hand.The only thing we care about is what we can do on the field, said designated hitter Nelson Cruz. Dont worry about whats going on outside the lines, and well be all right.For Minnesota, pretty much nothing inside the white lines is going right lately. The season was lost weeks ago, and the Twins are limping to the offseason having dropped seven in a row. With 99 losses, theyre likely to have just the second triple-digit loss season in franchise history.I think we just need to forget about whats happened here the last week or so, said pitcher Tommy Milone after Fridays blowout. Obviously we know that things havent been gd. I guess we just have to forget about it, go out there. We know that were a better team than the way were playing. Its easier said than done, so obviously you can lk back and just really kind of dwell on it. But I think we really need to dig down and use these last eight games and kind of see what were made of and go after them.The Twins also lost 99 games in 2011 (63-99) and are currently at risk of recording the most losses in franchise history. The 1982 Twins went 60-102 in their first season in the Metrodome, but the lineup featured a core of young players who would make up the nucleus of the franchises first World Series title five years later. Pete Alonso Mets Jersey . Anthony Calvillo, through 20 CFL seasons, was frequently invincible and largely stoic in the heat of competition. But underneath the professional exterior he was, and is, compellingly human. Jed Lowrie Mets Jersey . Oyama had six birdies and two bogeys at Kintetsu Kashikojima in the event also sanctioned by the Japan LPGA Tour. "I have been having this neck ache thats been affecting my golf recently," Oyama said. http://www.metsbaseballauthentic.com/lenny-dykstra-mets-jersey/ . -- Charlie Graham stopped 67 shots as the Belleville Bulls edged the visiting Guelph Storm 6-5 on Saturday in Ontario Hockey League action. Steven Matz Jersey . SIMONS ISLAND, Ga. Jason Vargas Mets Jersey . Rousey will put her perfect 8-0 record and hardware on the line against another undefeated fighter, 7-0 Sara McMann in the main event of UFC 170, which will be held at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas Nevada on February 22nd. MINNEAPOLIS -- White Sox manager Robin Ventura approached Jose Abreu at his locker following Sundays tight victory over the Twins, and the two shared a joke.It was a moment of levity at the end of a stressful day.Abreu hit two three-run homers and drove in a career-best seven runs, and Chicago used Tim Andersons two-run double in the 12th inning to beat Minnesota 13-11 for a split of their four-game series.I will say that this is my best moment of this season, Abreu said.Abreu, Anderson and Melky Cabrera had three hits apiece, helping the White Sox overcome four homers for Minnesota. The teams combined for 18 homers in the series.Abreu fell one shy of the franchise record of eight RBI in a game, a mark shared by three people, including Ventura.We were joking about the RBI, our record that he owns, Abreu said through a translator. I was one short, but we were all joking about it.While Abreu delivered another impressive performance, Anderson had the biggest hit of the day. With one out and runners on second and third in the 12th, the rkie doubled to deep left against Pat Dean (1-6).Juan Minaya (1-0) earned his first major league win. He pitched a scoreless 11th but walked the first two batters in the 12th. Tommy Kahnle then came in and earned his third career save, retiring Eddie Rosario with the bases loaded for the final out.Im not going to tell you what was going through my mind, Ventura said of Minnesotas threat in the 12th. But theyre not easy.Byron Buxton hit his first career grand slam for Minnesota, and Brian Dozier, Miguel Sano and John Ryan Murphy also went deep. The Twins hit 11 homers in the four-game set.To have an offensive day like that, and to really have the guys you want in the game at the end with a chance, Minnesota manager Paul Molitor said of the frustrating pitching performaance.dddddddddddd I dont know how many of those weve had that would rank up there with that one.Abreu opened the scoring with a three-run shot in the first. He added an RBI single in the fifth and another three-run drive in the seventh, trimming Minnesotas lead to 9-7.Abreu is batting .370 with 11 homers and 30 RBI in his past 31 games.Hes swinging it, this is what you really expect out of him, Ventura said. I know that its pretty free and easy right now. But even the home runs, thats really more indicative of him. Right now hes feeling pretty gd about it, sitting in the middle of our lineup driving in some runs.Buxton had three hits, and Dozier connected for his 35th homer. Sano hit his 22nd and Murphy added his first for the Twins after being recalled a day earlier.TRAILING ONLY KILLEBREWDozier leads the majors with 21 homers since the All-Star break. He has the most home runs of any Twins player since Josh Willingham also hit 35 in 2012.Only Hall of Famer Harmon Killebrew has hit more homers in a single season in Twins history.Dont be putting me in Killebrews, in a sentence with him, Dozier said. Thats pretty cl. Weve still got a little ways to go, but thats pretty cl.UP NEXTWhite Sox: Chris Sale (15-7, 3.10 ERA) starts Monday against the Detroit Tigers, who counter with Justin Verlander (14-7, 3.30 ERA). Sale is 1-2 with a 3.38 ERA and 25 strikeouts in 29 1/3 innings in four starts against Detroit this season. Verlander has allowed more than two runs just once in his past 12 starts.Twins: Molitor said rkie right-hander Jose Berrios (2-4, 9.24 ERA) will be called up to start Monday against Kansas City. The Royals counter with RHP Ian Kennedy (9-9, 3.66 ERA). ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 223 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen