day night in the second game of the series. Chad B

in TeeLeague 24.08.2019 02:13
von lebaobei123 | 302 Beiträge

BALTIMORE -- The Colorado Rockies used the Orioles favourite weapon to hand Baltimore another painful defeat. Colorado hit four home runs, including a tiebreaking, two-run shot by Wilin Rosario in the seventh inning, and stretched Baltimores losing streak to four with a 6-3 victory Friday night. Charlie Culberson, Charlie Blackmon and Todd Helton also homered for the Rockies, who have won six of seven. It was Culbersons first major league home run in 55 at-bats. The Orioles got homers from Nate McLouth and Matt Wieters in extending their big league lead to 163. But Baltimore also has given up 156, most in the majors. After ending a 14-year run of losing seasons last year, the Orioles are seeking a return trip to the playoffs. Their current skid is not helping. "I think this is honestly something that we needed, kind of a kick in the pants to wake us up," centre fielder Adam Jones said. "Were in a unique position, in back-to-back years trying to do something special. Last year, everybody said we couldnt. This year, we created the expectation. This is something youve got to go through to get to it." Blackmons drive was the 73rd in the history of Camden Yards to land on Eutaw Street beyond the right-field wall. Since Colorado hasnt played in Baltimore since 2007, the significance of the homer was lost on Blackmon. "I dont really know anything about it. They were telling me after the game that its cl if you can do it," he said. "Theyll give you a plaque out there with your name on it, and theres not a whole lot of plaques with my name on it going up anywhere." Juan Nicasio (7-6) allowed two runs, four hits and four walks over six innings to earn his first win in five starts since July 20. The right-hander yielded 15 runs over 14 innings in his previous three outings and was 0-3 with a 7.79 ERA in four interleague starts this season. Wei-Yin Chen (6-6) retired 12 of his first 13 batters but couldnt get out of the seventh inning. He gave up four runs and five hits in 6 1-3 innings in losing his third straight start. It was only the second time in 15 starts this season that Chen allowed more than three runs. "Early innings I felt really gd, but had some trouble in the late innings," Chen said through a translator. "I feel bad because its my fault. I couldnt keep the guys in the ballgame. But tomorrow is another day and we still have 41 games to go." The Orioles were coming off three straight one-run defeats in Arizona and hoping to get back on track at home against a sub-.500 team. But the Rockies bounced back from a 2-0 deficit by scoring in the fifth through ninth innings. "Its a cozy park, but youve still got to hit it," manager Walt Weiss said. "We put some gd swings on it." With the score tied at 2 in the seventh, Chen walked leadoff hitter Michael Cuddyer and Rosario hit the left-handers next pitch over the 25-ft scoreboard in right field. Blackmon made it 5-2 in the eighth with a pinch-hit homer off Francisco Rodriguez. Helton connected in the ninth off struggling reliever Jim Johnson. The drive lifted him past Joe DiMaggio into sole possession of 76th place on the career home run list with 362. Wieters homered in the bottom half against Rex Brothers. The game started well for the Orioles. McLouth hit Nicasios third pitch into the bleachers, his 12th career leadoff homer and second this year. Baltimore went up 2-0 in the third when Jones singled in a run to break an 0-for-15 skid. Nicasio then retired Nick Markakis and Wieters with the bases loaded. Chen was in complete control early. After Troy Tulowitzki hit a one-out double in the first, the left-hander retired 10 straight batters before Rosario doubled leading off the fifth. One batter later, Nolan Arenado delivered an RBI single. Culberson connected in the sixth to tie it at 2. NOTES: After the game, the Orioles optioned OF Henry Urrutia to Triple-A Norfolk. They are expected to recall a reliever on Saturday. ... Rodriguez left in the eighth inning with a strained right groin. ... Blackmon is 5 for 13 as a pinch hitter. ... Baltimore pitching coach Rick Adair went on a leave of absence to resolve some personal issues and was replaced by bullpen coach Bill Castro. ... Bud Norris takes the mound for the Orioles on Saturday night in the second game of the series. Chad Bettis makes his fourth big league start for the Rockies. ... J.J. Hardys 11-game hitting streak ended, as did teammate Brian Roberts run of three straight multihit games for Baltimore. Billy Williams Jersey . 17.A string of English Premier League teams, most in the lower end of the standings, has been linked to the 32-year-old forward but most have seemingly balked at the cost given his wages and transfer fee. Jose Quintana Jersey .ca. In addition to the game being aired in its entirety on CTV Two Vancouver Island and TSN.ca, TSN2 will also have coverage of Whitecaps FC immediately following NASCAR Sprint Cup Series: Toyota Owners 400. http://www.thecubsteamshop.com/Cubs-Bran...ow-Kids-Jersey/. Nainggolan scored his first Italian league goal at Bologna, in October 2010, and he also opened his Roma account there following his January move from Cagliari. The Belgium midfielder volleyed home Miralem Pjanics cross from close range eight minutes from time. Jason Heyward Cubs Jersey . -- Nick Bjugstad snapped out of his scoring slump and spoiled Drew MacIntyres first NHL start. Ernie Banks Cubs Jersey . The Swede became the first golfer to win the PGA Tours FedEx Cup and European Tours Race to Dubai in the same season. "It is still taking a little time to sink in what Ive achieved this week as was the case when I won the FedEx Cup but then it just kept getting better and better as the days went on and I am sure this will be the same," he said.EL SEGUNDO, Calif. - The Los Angeles Kings have re-signed defenceman Jeff Schultz to a two-year contract. The Stanley Cup champions announced the deal Monday with Schultz, who played a key supporting role in their title run. Schultz didnt appear in a regular-season game for the Kings, spending most of last season with their AHL affiliate in Manchester. But he was thrust into the Los Angeles lineup when defencemen Willie MMitchell and Robyn Regehr were injured early in the post-season.dddddddddddd Schultz capably filled in for seven games, going scoreless. Schultz has appeared in 399 NHL regular-season games with the Washington Capitals. The Kings signed him as a free agent last summer. Los Angeles also extended qualifying offers to four players, including forward Dwight King and minor-league defenceman Brayden McNabb. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 123 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen