nces, retiring Charlie Blackmon on a f

in TeeLeague 24.08.2019 02:13
von lebaobei123 | 302 Beiträge

VIRGINIA WATER, England -- Rory McIlroy put aside the anguish in his private life to win the European Tours flagship BMW PGA Championship on Sunday. The double major winner came from seven shots back at the start of the final round to sht a 6-under 66 and win by 1 stroke with an overall 14-under 274 on the Wentworth course. It was McIlroys first European Tour success since December 2012 and ends a run of eight second-place finishes in 11 events this season. Shane Lowry of Ireland came second with a round of 68 for a 13-under 275. Denmarks Thomas Bjorn (75) shared third place on 12 under with Englands two-time BMW PGA winner Luke Donald (70). McIlroys 12th victory worldwide comes four days after the 25-year old Northern Irishman confirmed the breakdown in his relationship with Danish tennis star Caroline Wozniacki. McIlroy had been close to tears on Wednesday when talking to the media. He was still subdued Sunday despite his victory though he hugged his father Gerry and long-time coach Michael Bannon. "I guess when I got inside the ropes this week, it was a little bit of a release, and I was on my own and doing what I do best, which is playing golf, and that sort of gave me four or five hours of serenity or sanctuary or whatever you want to call it," McIlroy said. "I was just focusing on the job at hand which was to play golf and get the ball in the hole in the lowest number of shots possible ... Its obviously been a week of very mixed emotions, but Im sitting here lking at this trophy going, How the hell, how did it happen this week? But it did." It was McIlroys first success since coming from behind to win Decembers Australian Open in Sydney. He heads into next months U.S. Open as a strong contender to win the event for a second time in four years. "The win at the end of last year in Australia sort of stopped all the questions about equipment and about struggling and slump and all this stuff," McIlroy said. "But to win here, against a great field, one of the best fields of the year, especially in Europe sort of cements that, and shows where my game is and Im on the right track again. Hopefully, it wont be long before Im contending in majors and having a chance to win those again." Lowry went into the last day some five shots behind third round leader Bjorn but found himself in front when Bjorn tk a triple bogey 7 at the par four No. 6. After three birdies in a row from the 10th, Lowry had his own troubles in taking a double bogey at the par four 13th. However, the former Irish Open and Portugal Masters winner regrouped to birdie the 14th and, while he dropped a shot at the next, the 26-year-old Lowry holed a 30-ft birdie at the last to secure second place on his own. "Im happy but I know I am going to be sitting in my hotel rm tonight and the 13th hole is going to be going through my head," Lowry said. The 43-year-old Bjorn went into the last day with history on his side as no player had lost at this European Tour event after leading by five shots. By the ninth hole Bjorn had forfeited his advantage -- taking a bogey at No. 5, triple bogey at the sixth where he failed to get out of a greenside bunker in regulation, and dropping a further shot at the ninth. The Dane birdied the 12th but was in trouble again with bogeys at Nos. 14 and 15 before birdies at the next two holes in an eventual round of 75. "Its a disappointment when you come off the golf course like this," Bjorn said. "I just didnt get it right today and I made that massive judgment error on six and that kind of let everybody back into the frame." Dikembe Mutombo Nuggets Jersey . I wondered how NHL coaches would feel about a playoff schedule that allowed them to open a best-of-seven series on the road, which many claim to favour, yet still gave them the precious home-ice edge for a seventh game. Jamal Murray Jersey . - Titans quarterback Jake Locker will miss the rest of the season with a Lisfranc injury to his right ft, leaving Tennessee trying to rally with Ryan Fitzpatrick. http://www.nuggetsproshop.com/. Dillon Brks scored 26 points on 9-17 shting for Canada while pulling down six rebounds and picking up six steals. Teammate Chris Egi had 20 points, 14 rebounds and four blocks. Malik Beasley Nuggets Jersey .Y. - Brklyn Nets centre Brk Lopez has a strained lower back and will miss at least a week. Carmelo Anthony Jersey . The midfielder had an operation on Saturday, and is set to miss seven Premier League games, the third round of the FA Cup and the semifinals of the League Cup. DETROIT -- If Justin Verlander is beginning to round into form, Detroits starting rotation may indeed be the envy of the rest of baseball. Verlander equaled his longest outing of the season, pitching eight solid innings to lift the Tigers to a 4-2 victory over the Colorado Rockies on Friday night. A day after the AL Central-leading Tigers traded for star left-hander David Price, Verlander allowed two runs and eight hits, striking out five without a walk. "I was getting some big outs when I needed to," Verlander said. "I was able to limit the damage and keep us ahead." The Tigers now have the American Leagues last three Cy Young Award winners -- Verlander, Price and Max Scherzer. The catch is that Verlander (10-9) hasnt pitched particularly well this season, but he lowered his ERA to 4.66 with Fridays effort. Joe Nathan pitched the ninth for his 22nd save in 27 chances, retiring Charlie Blackmon on a flyout with two on to end it. Franklin Morales (5-6) allowed three runs and six hits in six innings. He walked four and struck out two. The Rockies have lost five of six. Colorado right fielder Carlos Gonzalez left the game after aggravating his sprained right ankle making a sliding catch in the fifth. Detroit scored three runs in the fifth, with Rajai Davis two-run single breaking a 0-0 tie. With Verlander pitching well, the Rockies brought the infield in with men on second and third and one out, but Davis single up the middle helped the Tigers to a big inning. "We cant play it safe. Were going to roll the dice," Rockies manager Walt Weiss said. "In some situations with two runners in scoring position, you concede the one run. But in the position were in, were going to go for it. Davis found a hole. Id do it again every time." Ian Kinsler added an RBI double to make it 3-0. Verlander has won 14 straight regular-season decisions against National League teams. He tk a shutout into the seventh inning Friday before allowing an RBI single to Wilin Rosario. With men on first and thirdd, Josh Rutledge hit a grounder to third, and Brandon Barnes scored on a close play at the plate.dddddddddddd Verlander then struck out the next two hitters to end the threat, and Victor Martinez gave Detroit an insurance run with an RBI single in the bottom half. Barnes struck out swinging on Verlanders 101st and final pitch. Verlander had thrown eight innings only one other time this season, on April 6 against Baltimore. DEEP FLYBALLS: Verlander was fortunate early on. Left fielder J.D. Martinez reached up and made a catch at the wall on Nolan Arenados flyball in the first. In the second, Davis ran down Drew Stubbs drive near the 420-ft marker in centre. "Its a funny game the way it works," Verlander said. "They hit a few balls hard in the first couple innings, and then in the seventh, they didnt hit hardly any hard, and got like four or five hits that inning." TOUGH LOSS: Colorado has gone nine straight games with its starter allowing three runs or fewer, but Morales was done in by that fifth inning. "All my pitches I was locating," he said. "That fifth inning my gd pitches led to groundballs and thats the way it goes. Sometimes you have no luck." TRAINERS RM Rockies: Gonzalez slid into the wall while making a terrific catch on Victor Martinezs foul flyball, then limped off the field. He was replaced by Barnes. Right-hander Jordan Lyles (broken left hand) is eligible to come off the disabled list Monday, and Weiss says he could be slotted in to pitch at some point next week. Tigers: Detroit activated left-handed reliever Patrick McCoy from the DL, but he did not pitch. He was sidelined since July 6 because of a pulled right hamstring. UP NEXT Rockies: Left-hander Tyler Matzek (2-5) will start Saturday night against Detroit. He pitched seven scoreless innings in his most recent start, July 26 against Pittsburgh. He also made a relief appearance Tuesday. Tigers: Rick Porcello (12-5) tries for his 13th win, which would match his total for all of 2013. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 338 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen