d into an 80-74 overtime win over Ball State Tuesda

in Clan- und Funwars 22.08.2019 08:21
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

PITTSFORD, NY -- A year ago at this time, Rory McIlroy shuffled into the media rm at the PGA Championship and faced a number of questions about his pr play. He was asked how he would rate his year (he gave it a B). He was asked about the inconsistency in his game (he said he needed to play more). And he was questioned about whether it was possible to play as he did when he won Congressional by a record margin (he said hed love to play like he did then but it would be pretty unlikely). Fast forward to this year and McIlroy is being asked almost all the same questions. Where is his game? What is the cause of the problems? Can he find things this week? He didnt offer up a grade of his 2013 campaign but judging by his record and his comments, its unlikely hed award himself anything close to a B. In fact, he might be headed for an F if he cant figure things out. But at the very least, hes working hard (he has once again been putting in marathon practice sessions this week) and has some gd perspective on his troubles. "I was sort of in this position coming into this tournament last year in a way," said McIlroy, who last finished in the top 10 back in May. "I was coming off a fifth place in Akron, but the run of events before that wasnt so gd. So obviously, yeah, you never hope to struggle or not to play well, but its going to happen. Its inevitable." In golf, more than any other sports, there are more lows than highs. A solid career can be one where you win only three or four times in 200 or 300 starts. You dont always win. In fact, you rarely win. Its just that, unfairly or not, we figured after such a wonderful start, McIlroy was bound to keep running up titles, competing for majors and taking on Tiger and Phil. At the very least, we believed hed play a whole lot better. With the slide, the fingers have been pointed at the causes. Could it be the equipment? His girlfriend? His change of agents? His moving to Florida? Maybe. Maybe. Maybe. And maybe. Certainly the rest of the world has felt comfortable chiming in on the issue. Nick Faldo said it was the equipment change. Gary Player suggested it might be the girlfriend. McIlroy believes it can all be attributed to something rather basic -- a pr swing, one that hes had trouble correcting. "First and foremost," he stated, "I just havent been swinging it the best this year. I got into a couple bad habits with my golf swing, and its just taken me a little bit longer to get out of them. Obviously when youre fighting that so much, its hard to play the golf that I want to play, which is fluid, which is free flowing, I guess. Thats the way I play my best." Listening to him talk, even though there are smiles and laughs, theres a sense that hes tired of struggling, tired of playing bad golf, tired of answering the questions. It bubbled over at the U.S. Open when he creased the shaft in his nine-iron after another bad swing. "Thats the thing," he said. "Theres been times this year where Ive really gotten down on myself and thats something that hasnt helped at all, and something that Im trying to get better at." When asked about his Ryder Cup teammate, Ian Poulter tried to put a little perspective on matters. "You know, I think sometimes we forget how young he is and what hes been able to achieve at a very early age. So the second he feels comfortable again, whether thats with his swing or equipment or whatever it is, then, you know, Rory will be winning golf tournaments. That natural swing of his doesnt just disappear overnight and I think hes had to cope with an awful lot of things and changes that hes had in the last 10 months, and its not just equipment and its not just media. I think theres been a lot of off-the-golf course things that have happened, management, etc., etc., that have all been a factor in whats happened this year." Theres a gd way to answer all the questions, put an end to the comments and stop all the frustration -- just win. Might that come this week, just as it did a year ago? It seems unlikely but this is golf, a major, where anything can happen. kiestore.com/Texans-Cullen-Gillaspia-Jersey/" target="_blank">Cullen Gillaspia Texans Jersey . -- Derrick Rose shk off pr shting early to hit clutch shots late and Carlos Bzer had 20 points and 13 rebounds to lead the Chicago Bulls to a 104-95 preseason victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Wednesday night. kiestore.com/Texans-Cullen-Gillaspia-Jersey/" target="_blank">Cullen Gillaspia Womens Jersey . Jon Montgomerys gold medal in skeleton at the Whistler Sliding Centre and his subsequent auctioning off of a pitcher of beer in the village square elevated him to folk-hero status. kiestore.com/Texans-Kahale-Warring-Jersey/" target="_blank">http://www.texansrkiestore.com/Texans-Kahale-Warring-Jersey/ . -- Timbers coach Caleb Porter didnt stray from his business-like approach to the season even after Portland downed the two-time defending league champion Los Angeles Galaxy to gain crucial playoff position. kiestore.com/Texans-Arian-Foster-Jersey/" target="_blank">Arian Foster Womens Jersey . Dusautoir, the former World Player of the Year, sustained a torn bicep playing for Toulouse in the Heineken Cup on Saturday. The flanker, who has played 65 times for France, is expected to be out for up to four months. kiestore.com/Texans-Tytus-Howard-Jersey/" target="_blank">Tytus Howard Texans Jersey . Pirlo limped out of Sundays 1-0 win over Udinese after just 13 minutes. Juventus says Pirlo underwent tests on Monday which revealed he has "a second-degree lesion to the collateral medial ligament in his right knee. MUNCIE, Ind. -- Matt Van Scyoc drilled a 3-pointer with 12 left in the extra period to give Indiana State a six-point advantage that the Sycamores turned into an 80-74 overtime win over Ball State Tuesday night.Brandon Murphy gave Indiana State a 64-62 lead with a 3-point play with 15 seconds left in regulation, but Tayler Persons hit a pair of free throws to tie the game at 64-64 and force overtime.Everett Clemons gave the Sycamores the lead for gd with a layup with 3:50 left in the gamee and added a free throw a minute later that made it 69-66.dddddddddddd.Brenton Scott finished with 25 points to lead Indiana State (1-1), which was 28 of 59 from the field (47.5 percent). Van Scyoc added 14.Persons finished with 26 points to lead Ball State (1-1), with Franko House contributing another 21 as the Cardinals shot 38 percent from the field (27 of 71). ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 754 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen