Nielsen maintains that he intervened to stop the interview, but

in Clan- und Funwars 22.08.2019 08:21
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- Charlotte reserve center Spencer Hawes walked by the lockers of Hornets guards Kemba Walker and Jeremy Lamb with words of praise.Way to play, Huskies, Hawes said.The UConn duo of Walker and Lamb scored 21 points apiece, helping Charlotte build an early lead and coast to a 104-85 victory Monday night over the Memphis Grizzlies.Lamb provided a bst in the first half with a pair of 3-pointers off the bench to erase an early Memphis advantage, and Walker added steady scoring throughout the night. They were a combined 14 of 25 from the field, including 7 for 13 on 3-point attempts.I just tried to bring energy. When youre coming off the bench, you always want to bring energy, Lamb said.Michael Kidd-Gilchrist had 14 points and Frank Kaminsky added 12 for the Hornets, who won their second straight after a four-game losing streak.Marc Gasol led Memphis with 19 points and eight rebounds. Mike Conley had 14 points before leaving in the third quarter with a lower back injury.I was feeling like today was a day we could come in here and get a home win, said Memphis guard Tony Allen, who had nine points and two steals. This was a winnable game, and it tk me by surprise.The largest scoring discrepancy in the game was at the free throw line, where the Hornets converted 23 of 31. Meanwhile, Memphis was 6 of 13, a difference that agitated the Grizzlies much of the night.Charlotte, which already led by 19 in the first half, extended the lead in the third quarter as Memphis became unhinged complaining about calls and relying -- mostly unsuccessfully -- on 3-pointers to try to get back in the game.And when Conley went to the locker rm, it led to more disorganized play from Memphis.That hurt them a lot. He just brings so much for their team. Hes their leader, Walker said.TIP-INSHornets: G Nicolas Batum, who missed Saturdays win over the Knicks with a corneal abrasion, returned to action and started. He finished with six points. ... After committing five turnovers in the first quarter, the Hornets had nine more the rest of the way. Charlotte has the second-lowest turnover average in the NBA at 11.6 per game.Grizzlies: Their 14 points in the second quarter was a season low in that period for Memphis, and a season low for any quarter except nine points in the fourth against New Orleans in the fifth game of the season. ... Gasol had a four-point play near the midway point of the fourth. ... F Jarell Martin posted his first career double-double with 11 points and 12 rebounds.LAMB NOT SILENTLamb set a season high in points for the second straight game. He had 18 against the Knicks on Saturday. In addition to his 21 points vs. Memphis, he grabbed nine rebounds. (Im) just trying to lean on my teammates and my hard work. Everybody is encouraging me, Lamb said, later adding: Over the summer, I really tried to work on my mindset, whether things are going gd or bad.SWEET REVENGEMemphis defeated the Hornets 105-90 in Charlotte on Nov. 21, and Walker remembered the bitter taste after the Grizzlies scored 69 first-half points and held a 25-point cushion at the break. They came to our house and beat us, and we wanted to come back and get this win back, he said. We didnt play the way we were capable of that night, and they brought it to us. They beat us up pretty bad. It was definitely a revenge game in my mind.CONLEY OUTConley left with 8:25 left in the third quarter after taking a charge from Kidd-Gilchrist and did not return. Conley was not in the locker rm after the game, and team officials said his condition would be evaluated Tuesday. We dont know the status just yet, Memphis coach David Fizdale said. Were waiting to hear.UP NEXTHornets: Return home Tuesday to face the Detroit Pistons.Grizzlies: Travel to Toronto to face the Raptors on Wednesday, the sixth of seven straight games against Eastern Conference teams. tballshops.com/todd-gurley-ii-jersey/" target="_blank">Todd Gurley II Jersey . The visitors tk a deserved lead in the 16th minute with midfielder Yohan Cabaye curling the ball beyond Adrian from inside the penalty area. tballshops.com/joe-namath-jersey/" target="_blank">Joe Namath Jersey .25 million option on reliever Jose Veras. tballshops.com/kurt-warner-jersey/" target="_blank">http://www.laramsftballshops.com/kurt-warner-jersey/ .com) - Yankee Stadium is the home of the Bronx Bombers, but on Sunday afternn it will open its gates to host the latest addition of the Hudson River Rivalry. tballshops.com/eric-dickerson-jersey/" target="_blank">Eric Dickerson Youth Jersey . Varlamov made 33 saves and Ryan OReilly had a goal and scored in the shtout as the Avalanche beat the New Jersey Devils 2-1 on Thursday night. tballshops.com/cory-littleton-jersey/" target="_blank">Cory Littleton Womens Jersey . Bradwell was scheduled to become a free agent Tuesday. Born and raised in Toronto, Bradwell is entering his sixth CFL season, with all six played for his hometown Argonauts. Baylor?associate athletic director Heath Nielsen was arrested and charged with assaulting a reporter on the field following the Bears 62-22 loss to TCU at home on Nov. 5.According to KWTX-TV of Waco, Texas, Nielsen was arrested three days later and charged with misdemeanor assault with bodily injury.He was freed on bond and hasnt attended the Bears past two ftball games against Oklahoma and Kansas State.Baylor issued a statement on the situation on Tuesday.Baylor Athletics was made aware of the post-game incident involving Heath Nielsen shortly after the game and tk immediate action to address it with him through the Universitys human resources process, it read. We will continue to handle this personnel matter internally.According to an arrest warrant obtained by KWTX-TV, Nielsen confronted reporter James McBride on the field while he was taking a photograph with an unidentified Baylor player.?McBride, who writes for The Blaze News in Keller, Texas, told police that Nielsen grabbed him by the throat with his right hand, squeezed and pushed him away from the ftball player.The warrant said McBride had visible scratches on his neck and complained of pain around his throat.The warrant said photographs were taken of McBrides injuries, and security cameras at McLane Stadium recorded the incident.I had asked the player if I could take a photo with him [and] he said yes, McBride told KWTX. I was leaning back to take the photo. I heard somebody who I didnt know at this point in time yell from my right-hand side, saying no interviews on the field.About that time, they came in and tomahawk-chopped, trying to knock the phone that I had taken the picture with out of my hand.dddddddddddd. They were unsuccessful in trying to do that, and when they couldnt do that, they came up and they grabbed my throat, and I pulled back. Whenever I lked up, I saw that it was Heath Nielsen.Right after the incident, McBride said Nielsen told him, Youll never [expletive] work in this business again. Youre abusing your privileges on the field.The attorney for Nielsen, Michelle Simpson Tuegel, issued a statement on Tuesday.Shortly after the Baylor v. TCU ftball game on November 5th, Heath intervened when he noticed a man attempting to do an unauthorized interview of a student-athlete on the field, it read. The one-sided version of events released by the complainant are not true or accurate. Mr. Nielsen maintains that he intervened to stop the interview, but he did not grab the complainants throat. We lk forward to vigorously defending Mr. Nielsen and presenting the facts involved in this situation.Nielsen has worked the past 17 years at Baylor, and his job duties include working directly with the Baylor ftball program and media. According to the schls website, Nielsen is responsible for management of the public image of the program. Nielsen is the programs spokesman, the liaison between local and national media, and the primary contact with television and radio networks that broadcast Baylor games.In October 2014, the Big 12 publicly reprimanded him for Twitter comments about officiating during the Baylor-West Virginia game. The conference fined the schl $1,000 for his comments. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 346 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen