Magee scored a goal in his third straight game and has eight go

in TeeLeague 21.08.2019 11:05
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

Bill Stanfill, who was voted the nations top college lineman at Georgia and starred on two Super Bowl-winning teams with the Miami Dolphins, has died. He was 69.He died Thursday night in Albany, Georgia, the university said in a statement on behalf of the family. No cause of death was given, but Stanfill has had numerous health problems after retiring from the NFL.Stanfill was a fearsome defensive tackle at Georgia, earning All-America honors and capturing the Outland Trophy in 1968 as the nations best interior lineman. During his three-year college career, the Bulldogs went 25-7-1 and captured two Southeastern Conference titles.Bill was probably the greatest athlete as a lineman I ever coached, former Georgia coach Vince Dley said.He could have been a great tight end as well. Against the triple option, he was the only player that could take the quarterback, the dive back, and the pitch man. Bill was a great person, great warrior, and a great Bulldog.Stanfill was a first-round pick of the Dolphins in 1969 and spent his entire eight-year NFL career in Miami. He earned Pro Bowl honors four times as a defensive end and was selected to The Associated Press All-Pro first team in 1972. With Stanfill leading the famed No-Name Defense during the 72 season, the Dolphins became the only team to win every game -- 17-0 -- on the way to capturing a Super Bowl title.While the teams impressive offense received far more publicity, the defense was the leagues best, also featuring linebacker Nick Buoniconti, tackle Manny Fernandez, and safeties Dick Anderson and Jake Scott. The Dolphins romped to a second straight championship the following year.Bill was an outstanding player and a key contributor to our Super Bowl championship teams, said Don Shula, his coach with the Dolphins. He was quick and he was strong, and it was almost impossible to block him. His constant pressure on the opposing quarterback helped make our great No-Name defense even better. I enjoyed coaching him, and I want to extend my condolences to his family on his passing.Former teammate Nat Mre, who is now Miamis senior vice president for alumni relations, said Stanfills gentle demeanor hid a ferocious competitive streak.With his intensity on the field and his wit in the locker rm, he was a leader on a team that was composed of a host of unique personalities, Mre said. He will be missed by everyone who was fortunate to know him, his teammates, the Dolphins organization, and the teams many fans.Stanfills final two seasons were plagued by injuries, and he retired after the 1976 season. He was inducted into the College Ftball Hall of Fame in 1998 with Dley at his side. Three years later, Stanfill was featured in a Sports Illustrated article that detailed the myriad physical problems he endured after leaving ftball.He was forced to use a walker after hip-replacement surgery and still felt the effects of a near-fatal injury from a 1975 preseason game. He banged heads with a teammate and nearly severed his spinal cord.I cant tip my head back at all, said Stanfill, who had four vertebrae fused in his cervical spine. My neck is stiff as hell. The neurosurgeons have told me that if another disk goes, I will be totally disabled.But he never complained about the price he paid.Just wish Id made some of the money theyre making today, he told SI. It would make this a lot easier to live with.Stanfills funeral is scheduled for Monday at First Methodist Church in Albany, where he had lived since retiring and not far from his hometown of Cairo. His family asked that those attending the service wear red and black, Georgias colors. Yeezy Bst 350 V2 Antlia Kopen . Defenceman Yannick Weber scored the go-ahead goal early in the third period and the Canucks breathed a sigh of relief with a 2-1 win on Saturday night. Yeezy Nederland . Barcelonas entertaining victory ensured the defending Spanish champions retained their share of the league lead with Atletico Madrid two rounds ahead of their meeting in the capital. Real Madrid needed a late goal by substitute Jese Rodriguez to earn a 3-2 victory at Valencia to stay in third place and three points behind its title rivals. http://www.yeezysnederland.com/yeezy-350-v2-nederland.html . Manuel was offered a position the day he was fired. He accepted earlier this week and the team made the announcement Friday. Yeezys Kopen Nederland . Their 38th instalment is arguably their biggest fight card to date, including three-title fights and a main event which was selected by the fans. The promotion boasts 14-straight years of business and is operated by MFC president Mark Pavelich, who is often overlked in this country for the foundation hes established for MMA in Canada. Yeezy Bst 350 V2 Non Reflective . Louis Blues. Shane Hnidy joins Brian Munz for the broadcast on TSN 1290 Radio at 7pm ct.CHESTER, Pa. -- Mike Magee scored his league-leading 14th goal in the 75th minute to lift the Chicago Fire over the Philadelphia Union 2-1 on Saturday. Magee scored a goal in his third straight game and has eight goals in 10 games since coming to the Fire from the L.A. Galaxy. Patrick Nyarko also added a goal and an assist for the Fire, who improved to 8-9-4. Chicago is 2-0-1 in its past three games and got even for two previouus losses to the Union this season.dddddddddddd. Nyarkos goal in the ninth minute gave the Fire a 1-0 lead. Sheanon Williams tied the game at 1 in the 60th minute when he finished a cross off a free kick by Sebastien Le Toux. It was Le Touxs league-best 10th assist. The Union had been 2-0-1 in their previous three games. They fell to 5-3-4 at home and 9-7-7 overall. Chicago improved to 4-5-1 against the Union. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 444 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen