c 9-yard TD catch. On the next Irish offen

in TeeLeague 21.08.2019 02:26
von lebaobei123 | 302 Beiträge

SEATTLE -- If you need to know what motivates Hector Noesi, check the front of his cap. After going 7 1-3 strong innings in the Chicago White Soxs 10-inning 2-1 victory over the Seattle Mariners on Saturday night, Noesi put on a cap that read in front: Revenge NOE. The Mariners were the object of his attention. "When you dont believe in somebody, you need to show them," said Noesi, who was designated for assignment and eventually traded by Seattle to Texas this spring. The White Sox claimed him April 25 when the Rangers waived him. The White Sox ended their four-game losing streak on Conor Gillaspies RBI single with two outs in the 10th inning. With Jordan Danks on second base, Gordon Beckham reached when Seattle shortstop Chris Taylor bted his grounder. Danks advanced to third and scored when Gillaspie, who entered as a pinch-hitter in the eighth, hit a hard single to right off Fernando Rodney (1-5). "Its one of those tough ones where you dont really know if you should play through it," Taylor said, "or try to break down and get rid of it quick. I decided to play through and it ended up getting an in-between hop. I should have made the play." Noesi worked into the eighth to give the Sox the shot at a win. He allowed an unearned run and five hits with four strikeouts and a walk. "This is as gd as hes pitched for us," White Sox manager Robin Ventura said. "He was throwing strikes, getting ahead early. He pitched great. He got us into the eighth." Noesi said when he arrived in Chicago, pitching coach Don Cper "told me I can do it. Thats why Im getting better." It was Cper who helped put his hat together. "I wear every time I face my former teams," he said. In four appearances against Seattle, he had gone 18 1-3 innings, not allowed a run and opponents were hitting .212 against him. In two seasons with Seattle, he was 2-14 with a 6.13 ERA in 36 appearances. "It was a gd game. He pitched gd. You have to give him credit," Mariners second baseman Robinson Cano said. "Really nothing else you can do in that situation. Hes one of those guys that pitches gd against us and is gd against any team." The loss ended the Mariners four-game winning streak. Eric Surkamp (1-0) got the last two outs of the ninth for the win and Jake Petricka worked the 10th to pick up his eighth save. James Paxton started for Seattle, his second outing since spending nearly four months on the disabled list with a strained left lat. He went 6 1-3 innings, allowing one run and six hits, striking out four. SWEET LOU ENSHIRNED Before the game, former manager Lou Piniella became the eighth member of the Mariners Hall of Fame. He managed from 1993 to 2002 and guided the club to its only four post-season appearances. Four players in the clubs HOF -- Alvin Davis, Edgar Martinez, Jay Buhner and Dan Wilson -- were on hand. Piniella gave an emotional 21-minute speech, breaking down to tears twice, once when talking about late broadcaster Dave Niehaus and at the end when thanking the fans for their years of support. "I thank you, salute you," he closed, "and will never forget you." TRAINERS RM Mariners: Utility player Willie Blmquist had micro-fracture right knee surgery Friday and will not return this season. He will be on crutches for the next four to six weeks. White Sox: Outfielder Adam Eaton has a strained right oblique that necessitated a trip to the disabled list. LeBron James Jersey . It has been eleven years, eight months, and 261 days since I played my last CFL game. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope Jersey . -- Thirty years ago, the Detroit Pistons beat the Denver Nuggets 186-184 in triple overtime, a game that remains the highest scoring in NBA history. http://www.lakersteamofficial.com/Derek-...-Lakers-Jersey/. Pierre last November, only to watch St. Pierre leave the UFC octagon with his welterweight title belt and a split-decision victory. Elgin Baylor Lakers Jersey .com) - Darius Carter and Ron Baker scored 18 points apiece to help 13th-ranked Wichita State beat Evansville 61-41 on Saturday. Kobe Bryant Jersey . Louis Cardinals. He was 48. The commissioners office said Bell died in his home state of Ohio. Bell had not been feeling well over the weekend and had been scheduled to see doctors later Monday at the Cleveland Clinic.WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. -- Notre Dame receiver DaVaris Daniels staggered Purdue with two late touchdowns. Three plays after his second score, teammate Bennett Jackson delivered the final blow -- a 34-yard interception return for a score. On a night No. 21 Notre Dame faced a stiff challenge from its oldest in-state rival, the late scoring flurry from Daniels and Jackson finally knocked out the Boilermakers 31-24 on Saturday night. "Losing sucks and thats something we dont want to do here at Notre Dame," Daniels said. "We know everybody hates us, a lot of people hate us and it makes us pretty happy to make them mad." It wasnt supposed to be this tough for Notre Dame (2-1), which won its sixth straight in the 85-game series that has been played every year since 1946. The Irish were installed as a three-touchdown favourite against a foe that had struggled the previous two weeks. But the Boilermakers who showed up Saturday at Ross-Ade Stadium didnt lk anything like the team Notre Dame had watched on tape all week. Quarterback Tommy Rees spent most of the first half trying to dodge the blitz-happy Boilermakers. The running game was in shambles, and a frustrated coach Brian Kelly kept flailing his arms in the air. Even after a halftime pep talk in which the fiery Kelly explained to Rees and his offence they needed to calm down, Notre Dame still found itself trading jabs with Purdue early in the second half. Daniels changed everything with an acrobatic 9-yard TD catch. On the next Irish offensive play, he fought a defender down for an 82-yard catch-and-run that changed the game. Jackson finally finished it off with the interception return to help the Irish avoid back-to-back regular season losses for the first time in more than two years. On a night the Irish averaged just 2.5 yards on 37 carries, Rees and Daniels had to carry the offence. Rees was 20 of 33 for 309 yards with two scores, no interceptions and received a game ball. Daniels had eight catches for 167 yards and two scores. "I was never worried in the sense there was a panic," Kelly said. "I felt really confident that we were going to win the ftball game. We just needed to settle down a little bit." Until then, the surprisingg Boilermakers played the Irish to a virtual draw.dddddddddddd Henry, who had struggled the first two weeks, finished 25 of 40 for 256 yards with three touchdown passes -- his first three of the year. Akeem Hunt played like the feature back the Boilermakers needed, rushing 12 times for 22 yards and catching nine passes for 72 yards and a score. The defence, which worn down in the first two games, also forced Notre Dame to become one-dimensional. "We did a gd job in the running game," Purdue coach Darrell Hazell said. "There were a couple of plays wed like to get back, but they (Purdues defence) did a gd job against the run." It was gd enough to give Purdue the upper hand for three quarters. After jumping to a 10-0 lead, the Boilermakers answered every challenge, retaking the lead on B.J. Knaufs 18-yard TD reception just four minutes after Notre Dame had tied the score at 10. The defence, meanwhile, continued to force Notre Dame to small ball -- until Daniels broke through. The 6-ft-1 junior used his three-inch height advantage to outjump Antoine Lewis for the first TD catch, which tied the score at 17 with 14:47 left. When Purdues ensuing drive stalled, Rees went to Daniels on the first play. Daniels, who had beaten Purdues best cover cornerback, Ricardo Allen, caught the ball on the run, then stiff-armed Allen to the ground as he barely stayed in bounds. It was the longest pass play of both players careers and after standing up to a replay review, it went down as the ninth-longest in Notre Dame history. "The hairs on the back of my neck kind of std up when I got close and I saw the hash marks," Daniels said. "I was just trying to make a play and trying to get as far away from the sideline as possible at the time." Three plays after that, Jackson picked off Henry and scored on the return. Purdue closed to 31-24 and had a chance to tie the score after recovering Amir Carlisles fumble at the Notre Dame 41. But the Irish defence forced a punt and the Boilers never got the ball again. "We just kept playing, we had to make a couple of plays," Kelly said. "Last week, Michigan made the plays. Tonight, we made the plays when we needed to." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 108 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen