ot my hands full being the manag

in TeeLeague 21.08.2019 02:25
von lebaobei123 | 302 Beiträge

CHICAGO -- While the Chicago White Sox await the return of injured slugger Jose Abreu, Dayan Viciedo is doing his part to make up for the missing power. Viciedo hit a long three-run homer, Conor Gillaspie collected four more hits and the White Sox beat the Cleveland Indians 6-2 on Monday. Abreu, who is out with a left ankle injury, tk 25 grounders and played soft toss before the game. He also hit 30 balls off a tee. The slugger is expected to be activated from the 15-day disabled list when he is eligible on June 2. Viciedo went 2 for 4 for his first multihit game since May 19 at Kansas City. He said the bond between the two Cuban players has been beneficial for both sides. "We have a great relationship," he said through an interpreter. "There are some things he has mentioned to me and I give him advice as well. It goes both ways. Knowing each other for years and then being here together definitely helps." Gillaspie went 4 for 4, scored twice and drove in a run. He became the first White Sox player to hit three doubles in a single game since Paul Konerko on May 26, 2012, against the Indians. Viciedo connected in the third inning against Josh Tomlin as the White Sox improved to 5-3 this year against Cleveland. Mike Aviles, Michael Brantley and Ryan Raburn had two hits apiece for the Indians, who have dropped three of four. Brantley and Raburn each drove in a run. Cleveland third baseman Lonnie Chisenhall committed a costly error in the third inning, allowing Marcus Semien to reach. Gillaspie then singled to put runners on first and second before Viciedo drove a 1-2 pitch over the wall in left for his fifth homer, giving the White Sox a 3-1 lead. "Thats on me," Tomlin said. "I need to do a better job of picking Lonnie up there. It tk a tough hop and I need to come back and make a better pitch to Viciedo right there." Gillaspie is batting .407 (24 for 59) in his last 16 games. The White Sox added two more runs in the sixth on consecutive RBI singles for Alexei Ramirez and Alejandro De Aza against Bryan Shaw. Gillaspies third double in the seventh scored Semien from first base, making it 6-2. "Any time you can add on runs, its big," Chicago manager Robin Ventura said. Tomlin (3-2) allowed two earned runs and five hits in five-plus innings. He struck out eight and walked one. Jose Quintana (3-4) pitched six effective innings for the White Sox, allowing two runs and five hits. Scott Downs got four outs for his first save. "Its great to give Q some run support," Gillaspie said. "Hes a guy that goes out there every time, hes a fighter, hes a bulldog out there. To give him some run support, it has to make him feel better about his performance." Quintana also got some help from his defence in the sixth. Raburn singled in Brantley with one out, but was thrown out by right fielder Moises Sierra trying to stretch it to a double. "Its a gd feeling," Quintana said. "Thats a gd one for us, the first game of the series. It was gd to make a quality start, t, which gives us a chance to win." NOTES: Cleveland manager Terry Francona declined comment on the Cubs hiring Manny Ramirez as a minor league coach/player. "Ive got my hands full being the manager of this team," said Francona, who was in Boston with Ramirez and Cubs executive Theo Epstein. "I did exchange a couple of texts with Theo yesterday in fun." ... Indians slugger Carlos Santana was in the original lineup at DH but was scratched because he was feeling ill. ... INF Jason Kipnis (right oblique strain) will rejoin the Indians on Tuesday following a rehab assignment. ... RHP Justin Masterson (2-3) faces White Sox ace Chris Sale (4-0) in the second game of the series. Christian Miller Womens Jersey .C. -- Duke sophomore Rodney Hd is entering the NBA draft. Cam Newton Panthers Jersey . Pironkova, who was ranked outside the top 100 despite reaching the Wimbledon semifinals in 2010, beat three top 10 players in Sydney, 2012 French Open finalist Sara Errani, 2011 Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova and Kerber. http://www.shoppanthersonline.us/panther...en-blue-jersey/. Jimmy Howard made 44 saves and Henrik Zetterberg scored two goals, leading the Detroit Red Wings to a 5-1 victory over the Dallas Stars on Saturday night. Jordan Scarlett Youth Jersey . The top-ranked Djokovic also beat Gael Monfils and then routed Roger Federer en route to his first Abu Dhabi title. "Its always great to win a title. This is the best way to start the 2012 season," Djokovic said. Cam Newton Womens Jersey . Neither side would publicly confirm or deny any discussions were taking place, until the near unexpected happened. On Saturday night sources confirmed to TSN, the league and players agreed to terms on a new, tentative CBA, pending ratification by the unions players. A league source confirmed the CFLs board of governors must also ratify any potential agreement.DENVER -- Colton Sceviour scored three goals, Jamie Benn added two and the Dallas Stars beat the Colorado Avalanche 5-3 in a preseason game Tuesday night. Sceviour and Benn scored two goals apiece in the second period, with Sceviours second goal at 9:44 giving the Stars a 4-0 lead and prompting Colorado to pull goalie Jean-Sebastian Giguere in favour of Sami Aittokallio. Gabriel Landeskog answered for Colorado with 2:11 left in the middle period, and Brad Malone and Paul Stastny followed with goals in the third period to get the Avalanche within 4-3.dddddddddddd Sceviour added an empty-net goal with 1:40 left in the game. Kari Lehtonen stopped 26 shots for the Stars. Giguere stopped six shots and Aittokallio saved all 15 shots he faced. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 311 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen