n Hamilton, but he said he did not want to give the position

in Mitglieder 16.08.2019 08:42
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

ARLINGTON, Va. -- Even as one of the best defensemen in the NHL, Victor Hedman is in awe of Swedens blue line for the World Cup of Hockey.Hedman watches two-time Norris Trophy-winner Erik Karlsson and potential future winner Oliver Ekman-Larsson man the power play. He steps onto the ice with Tampa Bay defensive partner Anton Stralman to rekindle the same chemistry that got the Lightning to the Stanley Cup Final in 2015.And then he sees three-time Chicago Blackhawks Cup winner Niklas Hjalmarsson blocking shots and Mattias Ekholm and Hampus Lindholm moving the puck all over the ice. Swedens defense may be one of the best units constructed in international play.The competition there is, especially on D, its pretty remarkable, Hedman said. You lk at the guys that didnt make it. You have that kind of talent on the back end, it makes you appreciate being here.John Klingberg of the Dallas Stars who finished sixth in Norris Trophy voting last season, missed the cut and Sweden is already one injury replacement in after Niklas Kronwall withdrew from the World Cup, which begins Saturday in Toronto. Yet the greatness of the Swedish blue line isnt just in its depth of talent but in its diversity.Karlsson, the Ottawa Senators captain, is a point-producing machine who can play 30 minutes a game just like Hedman, a 6-ft-6 force who doesnt give up much skating with his size. Ekman-Larsson of the Arizona Coyotes is a balance of that, someone who has tried to model his game after Hall of Fame countryman Nicklas Lidstrom.Obviously we feel very fortunate that we have that many defensemen we can pick from and all kinds of different defensemen, t, coach Rickard Gronborg said. It feels like we have quite a few players to chse from, and we have excellent players that are not on the team but obviously weve got to make a cut somewhere and these are the guys we feel like were going to win the battle with when the tournament starts.Sweden reached the final at the 2014 Sochi Olympics after somehow leaving Hedman and Stralman off the roster and benching Ekman-Larsson. This defense is deeper and more talented -- and has the benefit of time.I just think we have a little bit more experience, Karlsson said. Most of the guys that are here played in the Olympics and that was two years ago, and everybody since then has gotten more mature and more experience and become better players, so I think thats why we have a better blue line now than we did two years ago.Henrik Lundqvist, who was a big part of the run in Sochi and who backstopped Sweden to gold at the 2006 Olympics, said it was hard to rate this group against previous ones he has played on. But the New York Rangers goaltender appreciates his countrys proud heritage on defense, which is becoming a national tradition.Its been one of our strengths throughout the years, I think, to have a gd D group, Lundqvist said. I think a lot of D-men growing up in Sweden really learn how to read the game well and play the puck well. They dont just dump it in and go. They really try to make plays. I think every time I come to the national team, you get surprised how well they move the puck and pass the puck.Canada has Norris winner Drew Doughty, big Shea Weber and other top NHL players on its blue line, but Sweden has the best group of puck movers in the tournament. The power play was impressive in an exhibition victory against Finland on Saturday, and there is still time to tweak things before Sweden plays its World Cup opener Sunday against Russia.Lundqvist said Sweden is still working on clicking as a unit, which is dangerous for the other seven teams. And there are enough versatile pieces to survive penalties, injuries and for players to be used at their positions of strength.I think everybody on the blue line can do everything, Ekman-Larsson said. Were gd skaters, were really gd with the puck. Hopefully we can use that in our favor.NOTE: Sweden on Monday named Patrik Berglund of the St. Louis Blues to replace sick forward Rickard Rakell on its roster. Rakell has been hospitalized in Gothenburg, Sweden, with an unspecified illness.---Follow Stephen Whyno on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/SWhyno . tballliverplstore.com/Women-Mohamed-Salah-Liverpl-Jersey/" target="_blank">Mohamed Salah Jersey . And follow TSN.ca right through Deadline Day for all the updates. From Pierre LeBrun While Anaheim GM Bob Murray said earlier this season he was not going to trade Jonas Hiller despite the fact hes an unrestricted free agent on July 1, some sources have told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun that Murray might be willing to move another goalie. tballliverplstore.com/Women-Rafael-Camacho-Liverpl-Jersey/" target="_blank">Rafael Camacho Jersey . Robredo, ranked No. 16, bounced back from an upset loss to Leonardo Mayer in the second round of the Royal Guard Open in Chile last week to down Carreno Busta in 1 hour, 25 minutes. On a day filled mostly with qualifying matches, fifth-seeded Marcel Granollers of Spain also entered the second with a 7-5, 3-6, 6-2 win over Aljaz Bedene of Slovenia, while Guido Pella of Argentina defeated Guillermo Garcia-Lopez of Spain 7-6 (6), 6-4 to advance. tballliverplstore.com/Women-Joel-Matip-Liverpl-Jersey/" target="_blank">http://www.ftballliverplstore.com/Women-Joel-Matip-Liverpl-Jersey/ . -- Whether Jeremy Hill deserves a prominent role in LSUs offence this early in the season is a matter for debate. tballliverplstore.com/Women-James-Milner-Liverpl-Jersey/" target="_blank">James Milner Liverpl Jersey . Roman Josi had a goal and an assist to lead the Predators to a 4-1 victory over the Dallas Stars on Monday night. tballliverplstore.com/Women-Virgil-Van-Dijk-Liverpl-Jersey/" target="_blank">Virgil van Dijk Liverpl Jersey .Y. -- The Buffalo Sabres have recalled forward Kevin Porter and defenceman Chad Ruhwedel from the minors as part of a five-player roster shuffle made by the NHLs worst team. Nico Rosberg was not expecting to be backed into rival cars by Mercedes teammate Lewis Hamilton at the championship-decider in Abu Dhabi on Sunday.In one last role of the dice, race leader Hamilton slowed his pace so that Rosberg would come under pressure from Sebastian Vettel and Max Verstappen in the final laps of the race. If Rosberg had dropped to fourth, a victory would have secured Hamilton the title, but ultimately the German held on to finish second 0.4s behind Hamilton and 0.4s ahead of Vettel.I wasnt expecting it, Rosberg said. Maybe I was a bit na?ve but I didnt expect it.Mercedes is yet to decide how to react to Hamiltons tactics after the defending champion disobeyed a series of radio calls from the pit wall telling him to up his pace. Even though Hamiltons driving could have cost Rosberg the title, the newly-crowned champion said he understands his teammates actions.It is not something we need to discuss because it is really easy to understand the teams side as we do something a certain way all year and we dont change it for one race. At the same time you can understand the side from Lewis because we are out their fighting as drivers and you can undersstand that he wants to try something.ddddddddddddWe will just leave it at that and dont need to discuss it.Rosberg could afford to lose one place to Vettel, which would have allowed the Ferrari to put pressure on Hamilton, but he said he did not want to give the position away for fear of Verstappen taking advantage.I had Sebastian Vettel behind so I wanted to try to hold on to second because once I drop one place to avoid a mess in front I knew Verstappen would be right behind so I didnt want that and him right behind him either.Rosberg also confirmed that there was no way to pass Hamilton, even when he was driving at a reduced pace.I couldnt, I was trying at times, but Lewis was driving really well. He pushed flatout from turn 21 all the way through the first sector and halfway through the second sector and that is where you overtake so I was never getting close enough.He has the same car as me so in fast corners there was no way for me to get past and then he backed off in the next part where you cant overtake. There was no way for me. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 679 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen