if Buffering was to win it for a fourth time, Id

in Spam Area!!! 15.08.2019 11:28
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

INDIANAPOLIS -- When Tony Stewart dreamed about winning at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, he never contemplated saying gdbye.He still cant find the words.Now, as Stewart prepares for his final Brickyard 400, hes brushing aside any talk about nostalgic reflections so he can focus instead on making one more trip to victory lane.You guys can ask me all about how Im feeling, thinking, whatever but youre wasting my time and your time, he said before Fridays practice began. All I care about is driving that race car right now. It is probably the most focused Ive been getting ready for a race. Im not amped up, or anything like that. Im just really relaxed and focused and feel gd going into it.Try as he might to downplay it, this is not just another race or just another track for Stewart.Indiana is where he developed his affinity for dirt tracks and A.J. Foyt, and where his talent broke through the fierce, sometimes temperamental moments. It was here at Indianapolis that he knew he would define his career.After being born in Rushville, Indiana, and attending high schl in Columbus, Indiana, Stewart got his first big break when former IMS CEO Tony George started his own series for promising American drivers like Stewart, who struggled to find job openings with IndyCar teams.Stewart quickly emerged as one of the series bright, young faces by winning the 1997 series championship. After five seasons and no Indianapolis 500 wins, Stewart left his home state for the higher-profile, better-paying NASCAR circuit that turned him into a megastar.Over the past 18 seasons, Stewart has made 601 starts, won 49 races and three Cup championships.But the Brickyard wins in 2005 and 2007 were the ones he cherished most, and picking up No. 50 on his home track would be a fitting end to a 20-year run at the Brickyard.It would be all right, I guess, Stewart joked. No, it would be cl because this is one of the marquee races. Everybody wants to win here. Definitely, I want to win here myself.Stewart insists he will not take any distractions into Sundays race even though the signs are all around that this weekend is different.His parents and stepfather sat in the front row of Fridays pre-race news conference. At the end, he graciously accepted a gift from speedway president Doug Boles -- pieces of the fencing he climbed after each of his Brickyard wins.His answers sounded like a throwback to his early IndyCar days when he routinely responded to questions about track conditions or just about anything else at Indy with a nonchalant answer about throwing dirt on the track.I have no clue how many friends and family will be here this weekend, it was not my responsibility to get them all here, Stewart said when asked about potential distractions. I will see them after the race is over, but Im going to go to work here in a minute, and that is all I care about doing for three days.This weekend has started much like Stewarts season -- off script.The race billed as Farewell Smoke has been somewhat overshadowed by Jeff Gordons comeback bid in the No. 88 car. While his friends are disappointed that Stewart doesnt have the stage to himself, Stewart embraces it.He rallied from a rugged, injury-plagued start with three top-five finishes in the last four races, including his first win of the season at Sonoma, just like he did at Indianapolis. After finishing 24th on the speed chart with a fast lap of 180.505 mph Friday, he came within a whisker of earning his second Brickyard 400 pole. Hell start third, right behind pole winner Kyle Busch, after going 184.328 in qualifying.And it seems everyone has embraced the two sentimental favorites this weekend.To have Tony Stewart in his final race, Jeff Gordon in his final race -- Part 2, it is a big time, four-time Brickyard winner Jimmie Johnson said. I can only imagine how loud they are going to be at driver intros.Or how crazy the fans would get if the 45-year-old Stewart winds up scaling the fence one more time before focusing on team ownership full-time.Even now, Stewart cant quite find the proper description.Im not doing all the sentimental, crying stuff you guys think Im going to be doing, he said. Im going to race this weekend. Aaron Ramsey Wales Jersey . Reigning world champion Eve Muirhead of Scotland opened with a 12-2 rout of Winnipegs Jennifer Jones in a battle of teams bound for the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi. Custom Wales Soccer Jerseys . Giroud, who wasnt in the starting lineup for two matches after allegations about his private life and a decline in form, scored twice in the first half. Tomas Rosickys chip made it 3-0 before half time at Emirates Stadium, while defender Laurent Koscielny scored an unmarked header in the second half. http://www.soccerwalesstore.com/joe-allen-wales-UEFA-EURO-jersey/ . Fred Couples, captain of the U.S. side, put it all into perspective. "We know whos in charge," he said. Gareth Bale Jersey .B. - Sebastien Auger made 44 saves as the Saint John Sea Dogs edged the visiting Acadie-Bathurst Titan 2-1 on Saturday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. Aaron Ramsey Jersey . Having already announced that the race will start May 9 with three stages in Northern Ireland and Ireland and finish in Trieste on June 1, the rest of the route was unveiled Monday. If youre a Hawthorn fan, the thought of four-in-a-row is now a distant dream. If youre member of the Moir family, you might want to lk away now. If youre a Queenslander, youll be cheering this hero who is well on his way to becoming kick-arse legend.That all might seem to be an odd mix of what ifs but they come together with one horse: Buffering. Winning three of anything is a great achievement, but winning the same race four years consecutively? Its rarely done but Buff, as he is affectionately known, is shting for his fourth win in the Group 1 A.J. Moir Stakes over 1000 metres at Mnee Valley on Friday night.He faces a smart field of eight other sprinters including six-time Group 1 winner Chatauqua. That Melbourne-based racing star will carry the fortunes of punters as a $2.20 favourite, but Brisbane-homed Buffering will be the Western Bulldogs of this event - and only the hardest of characters will begrudge him winning it.Without a doubt it is the underdog status that he carried for so many years, Bufferings trainer Rob Heathcote told ESPN.He has stepped into the ring against the heavyweights of world sprinting: Black Caviar, Hay List, all world-class sprinters. He got knocked out a few times but he kept getting up. Testimony to that, he had 18 goes at winning a Group 1 and at his 19th try he managed to win Manikato Stakes in 2013.I think that never say die attitude is what endears him to the public and, unbelievably, hes won seven Group 1s in his past 14 runs. Its quite extraordinary. I also think that it is because hes the last link to that Black Caviar era.In 53 starts, Buffering has won 20 and placed on 17 other occasions. At nine-years-of-age, hes hardly showing any signs of slowing. Of his seven Group 1 victories, the most significant came not in Australia but in Dubai in the Al Quoz Sprint over 1200m -- against top international opposition -- last March.He beat most of the best sprinters in the world that day. Admittedly Chatauqua wasnt there but I hazard a guess to say that with Chatauquas last-to-first racing pattern that he still may not have beaten Buffering in that race. It was an on-speed dominated race.Seemingly, pride in being a Queenslander far outstretches the sentiment that any other Australians appear to outwardly feel about their state of origin. Like Wally Lewis in rugby league and others, Queenslanders are outwardly proud of Buffering. A Facebk video of his journey from Brisbane to Melbourne under darkness for this Moir assignment achieved thousands of views within hours and well wishes aplenty.Hes represented Queensland so well on the national and international stage for seven years, Tasmanian-born Heathcote said. I think the biggest legacy that Buffering will leave wont be just his ability and toughness, it will be his longevity. Hes competed against the best for such a long period of time,Heathcote trains out of the Brisbane racing hub at Eagle Farm Racecourse. Many horse trainers have often worked their way towards their vocation after gaining experience at stable after stable, but his story is certainly different. Prior to 1997, his business card didnt read Rob Heathcote, Group 1-winning horse trainer; it was Rob Heathcote, Contiki Tour guide.If you told me at the time what was going to happen, Id have had you committed, Heathcote told ESPN.The change just happened with circumstances presenting themselves.I traveled the world for 15 years but spent the last year in Englandd working with my brother, who was a passionate racing man.ddddddddddddHe had horses stabled with a number of trainers in Australia, but when I relocated with my wife back home I became his racing manager and then six months later his private trainer. We tossed a coin where to live -- it could have been Auckland -- but we chose Brisbane because of the weather.I said to him give me a go, Ill have a go at anything. I was fortunate to have him as a benefactor because I defy any young trainer to start off from scratch nowadays without some heavy financial support. I was lucky and Ive been fortunate to have had some bldy gd horses. Buffering is just one of those that every trainer dreams of.Despite having trained other steeds to wins at the highest level, Buffering appears to be the most special. If you see a car driving around Brisbane with the number plate G1 BUFF, Rob Heathcote will be behind the wheel.For Friday nights race, Buffering has drawn barrier number six and is at $6 with UBET. Heathcote believes the conditions will suit his charge.Were not kidding ourselves, this is one of the toughest editions of the Moir weve seen for the last few years, Heathcote said.Chatauqua is clearly the number one sprinter in the world, Extreme Choice is coming off a brilliant Blue Diamond [Stakes] win; theyre quality horses. Lucky Hussler with Darren Weir training, t. Gee, Buffering though, the signs hes shown us at home have been as enthusiastic as weve seen from him in the last couple of years.Despite finishing last in a field of 14 in a Group 1 contest in Hong Kong in May (sensationally won by Chatauqua), Heathcote still maintains a very strong faith.He got gassed, Heathcote said of the Hong Kong race. It was run at a suicide pace. It was an insane speed and the run did affect him.We know the horse is gd enough when hes at his best. That win in Dubai was only two runs ago. That race in Hong Kong was run at a breakneck speed. For now, though, he lks great, hes got a real sparkle in his eye, a gleam in his coat.Hes got a bit of kick-arse attitude which, for him, is a wonderful telltale sign for us, and he passed that [impression] onto Damien Browne [(jockey] when he rode him in his last two trials.The winners share of the Moir Stakes $Aus500,000 prize is a very attractive carrot. But the Heathcote stable, particularly Bufferings handler, Mel Sharpe, have another goal in sight.The race has been so gd to us and if Buffering was to win it for a fourth time, Id be so proud. Id be more than happy for the race name to stay the same; but if the Mnee Valley Racing Club decided to rename it the Buffering Stakes, I can see the merits behind it. If they didnt Ill still be very proud of him.There is a precedent.The grand campaigner Zipping won the Sandown Classic on four occasions, from 2007-2010, and the Melbourne Racing Club has since re-named the race in his honour. Manikato won the William Reid Stakes five times (1979-1983) and the MVRC re-named another race, the Freeway Stakes, to the Manikato Stakes, which now features as a part of the Cox Plate Carnival.There are so many other important questions that could be asked about this weekends racing, but one could overrule in so many curious minds.Is it true what they say happens on Contiki tours?Yes. Its a tough job and someones gotta do it. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 367 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen