rom a procedure on his thigh. But the Blazers continue to

in Spam Area!!! 14.08.2019 09:53
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

OAKVILLE, Ont. -- Brandt Snedeker has had his eye on the RBC Canadian Open title for some time. The early arrival of a baby in Texas helped make it happen. Snedeker moved to the top of the field after second-round leader Hunter Mahan withdrew when his wife unexpectedly went into labour, and held on Sunday for his second victory of the season and the sixth of his career. Mahan, who had a two-stroke lead at 13 under through 36 holes, rushed home to be with wife Kandi, who gave birth to daughter Zoe early Sunday. "Zoe will be getting a very nice baby gift from me. I cant thank Kandi enough for going into labour early. I dont know if Id be sitting here if she hadnt," Snedeker said with a laugh after shting a final-round 70 to finish 16 under. "But that is a way more important thing than a golf tournament. I missed a golf tournament when my first was born, and it was the best decision I ever made. Im sure Hunter would say the same thing." Dustin Johnson (70), Matt Kuchar (71), William McGrit (6 and Jason Bohn (71) tied for second at 13 under behind Snedeker, who said winning the PGA Tours only stop north of the border is special for a number of reasons. "This is a tournament I said early on in my career I wanted to win just because my caddie is actually from Canada and its his national open. It meant a lot to him, meant a lot to me," said the 32-year-old from Nashville. "Third oldest tournament on Tour and its got some great history to it, and now to put my name on that trophy, it means a lot." After a Saturday that saw a number of players score in the mid-60s thanks to a calm morning and a soggy afternn, Glen Abbey Golf Club bit back with breezy conditions at the suburban course some 40 kilometres west of Toronto. "The wind was blowing very hard. Every fairway was tough to hit, every green was getting firm. It placed an importance on managing your golf ball," Snedeker said. "I was able to hit some quality shots coming down the stretch when I needed to and put the ball in the right spot." Snedeker, who pocketed $1,008,000 of the tournaments $5.6-million purse, also won the Pebble Beach National Pro-Am in February and is finally healthy after a bothersome rib injury. "First part of the year, I couldnt do anything wrong. I was playing fantastic, and I got injured. I feel like Ive been fighting to get myself back to the way I was at the beginning of the year," said Snedeker. "Im not saying Im there, but Im close to the way I was playing in the beginning of the year." Snedeker, the 2012 FedEx Cup champion whose best-ever finish at a Canadian Open was a tie for fifth at Glen Abbey in 2009, was 1 under on the day after the front nine and birdied No. 10 to move to 16 under overall. He gave that shot back on No. 12, but birdied No. 16 and parred No. 17 and No. 18 to secure the victory. "It feels great to get a win to validate all the hard work Ive put in over the past three months where I havent played my best," Snedeker said. "To win a tournament like this with those pivotal holes coming down the stretch means a lot." Johnson started the day in a group three shots back of Snedeker and fought his way into a share of the lead, only to see the wheels fall off in spectacular fashion at No. 17 with a triple bogey that started with an errant drive. "I was playing really well," Johnson said. "Really confident, swinging the driver really gd. So you know, its a driver hole for me, and I just blocked it a little bit, made a pr swing." John Merrick, who tied a course record on Friday with a 62, shot 71 to finish in a tie for sixth at 12 under. David Lingmerth started the day in the final group a shot back Snedeker but ended up with a 75 to finish in a tie for 12th at 10 under. David Hearn of Brantford, Ont., was the top Canadian at the par-72, 7,253-yard course with a final-round 73 to finish at 4 under. The 34-year-old had three birdies on Sunday to go along with two bogeys and double bogey to finish in a tie for 44th. "It wasnt the finish that I was really lking for. I had a nice chance today," said Hearn, who was also the low Canadian at the tournament back in 2006. "Ill take away some positives from the week. I appreciate the support from everyone here this week and it always feels gd to play at home." Mike Weir of Brights Grove, Ont., shot an even-par 72 to finish tied for 49th at 3 under. The 43-year-olds tournament highlight came in Fridays second round when he fired 67 to briefly get into contention. "Im playing fine. Just missing t many short putts. I missed a number the last couple days inside six, seven feet, just missing way t many of those," said Weir, who made his first cut at a Canadian Open since 2009. "You need those to keep your round going sometimes and I just didnt capitalize when I had opportunities. "I had one gd day of putting and the rest not very gd." Roger Sloan of Merritt, B.C., had an up-and-down day that culminated with three straight birdies to wind up with a final-round 72 in a tie for 52nd at 2 under. The 26-year-old plays on the Web.com Tour but showed he can compete alongside some of golfs best. "The PGA Tour is not way up there anymore. Its just within grasp," Sloan said. "Its comforting to know if I stick to the process and stay committed to what Im doing, Im going to be out here sn." Notes: Snedeker now sits third in the FedEx Cup standings behind Tiger Wds and Kuchar. ... McGrit also finished tied for second at last years Canadian Open at The Hamilton Golf and Country Club. ... The last Canadian to win this countrys national open was English-born Pat Fletcher in 1954. The only Canadian-born golfer to win the tournament was Karl Keffer (1909, 1914). Albert Murray, a Canadian also born in England, won in 1908 and 1913. ... 2012 RBC Canadian Open champion Scott Piercy (71) finished tied for 52nd. ... The 2014 tournament will be played at Royal Montreal. LaDainian Tomlinson Womens Jersey .05 million next season unless Graham and the Saints subsequently agree on a long-term deal. The designation was released Monday after the deadline passed for NFL teams to use franchise or transition tags on players becoming free agents. Keenan Allen Youth Jersey . After taking two big hits this week -- losing at home and dropping back-to-back games for the first time all season -- Indiana struck back by playing its most complete game of the year. http://www.chargersauthenticofficialonline.com/authentic-junior-seau-jersey.html .B. -- The Baie-Comeau Drakkar tk over sole possession of first place atop the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League on Thursday with their sixth straight win. Dan Fouts Jersey . There are some early surprises in the race for the Hart Trophy, but two of the contenders are the leagues biggest stars over the past decade. There are many more players in contention for the awards than just the three that Ive named, and a gd or bad week can easily alter the landscape, but through the first 20 or so games of the NHL season, this is how the awards races lk to me. Mike Williams Jersey . Speaking to the Chicago Tribune at baseballs Winter Meetings in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, Boras called the former home of the Expos a "tremendous environment" for baseball. PORTLAND, Ore. -- No longer the NBAs surprising overachievers, Damian Lillard says the Trail Blazers need to stay true to the process.Portland went 44-38 last season despite losing four starters to free agency the previous summer. The team got the fifth seed in the Western Conference and played past the injury-depleted Los Angeles Clippers into the second round of the playoffs.With greater expectations, the Blazers embark on this season hoping to build on the last.Its something well have to continue to push ourselves to do, but I think we just grow on what we started last year, Lillard said. You continue to stay true to the small things that we committed to last year and get better that way. I dont think you come back and say, `Its a new year, lets go change this and change that.The Blazers fell to the Warriors in the Western Conference semifinals, and this season Golden State again lks to be the team to beat with the addition of Kevin Durant. The Blazers counter with a deep bench and should vie again for the Northwest Division title.We have a lot of players who can have an impact to finish games. The first three years, we were relying on the starters. Last year, the depth was versatile and helped us get through the season, and we improved on that this year, coach Terry Stotts said. We lk at the season as a continuation of last season.Lillard averaged a career-high 25.1 points in the regular season, becoming the third Portland player ever to average more than 25. He also averaged 6.8 assists.Backcourt teammate CJ McCollum averaged 20.8 points in his first year as a starter, giving the Blazers their first backcourt duo with an average of 20 or more points apiece in a single season. He was named the leagues Most Improved Player.Mason Plumlee returns as the starting center, with Al-Farouq Aminu at power forward. Maurice Harkless and offseason addition Evan Turner have been competing in training camp for the other starting nod.Other things to consider as the Trail Blazers prepare to open the season:NEWCOMERS: Portland signed Turner and free agent forward Festus Ezeli, while trading for guard Shabazz Napier and rkie forward Jake Layman. Ezeli played last season for thhe Warriors and averaged seven points and 5.dddddddddddd6 assists.Turner, who agreed to a four-year, $70 million contract, is adjusting to his new team in the preseason. Last year with the Celtics, the 6-ft-7 wing averaged 10.5 points, 4.9 rebounds and 4.4 assists as Bostons sixth man.Lillard recently offered Turner some advice: I said to him, `Dont worry about what this person thinks or what that person is saying. We want you to play. Youre a playmaker and you score the ball. ... We need you to play off your instincts. Thats what you do well. Thats what you do well in practice. We want you to do it in a game so we can adjust to what you do and learn that way instead of you trying to get used to us all the time.ROAD TRIP!: The Trail Blazers once again embarked on a preseason team-bonding excursion to San Diego. The trip south was started by Lillard and McCollum in 2015. The team worked out at San Diego State and shared meals. I always knew they were cl guys and they had gd chemistry, Ezeli said. But I didnt know the team was this tight.DEFENSE: Stotts has always emphasized defensive improvement, and this season is no different. The Blazers ranked 20th in the league for points allowed per game, 16th for opponents field-goal percentage and 17th for opponents points per shot.INJURY UPDATE: Center Meyers Leonard has returned to the court ahead of schedule following shoulder surgery. Noah Vonleh has also returned from a procedure on his thigh. But the Blazers continue to wait on Ezeli, who had a left knee procedure in August. There is no timeline for his return, and the Blazers are acting cautiously.MULTITALENTED: Lillards first rap album The Letter O was released Friday. Lillard, who musically goes by Dame D.O.L.L.A., worked with artists including Jamie Foxx, Raphael Saadiq and Lil Wayne. His first single is the song Hero, with Saadiq. Lillard has been involved with music since coming to the Blazers: He hosts the popular freestyle challenge (hash)4BarFriday on Instagram, and the video for his song Bigger than Us premiered on TNT in January. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 21 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen