ing in golf you dont hear that word very often -

in Mitglieder 13.08.2019 12:10
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

TRNAVA, Slovakia -- Until Adam Lallana pounced in the fifth minute of stoppage time, Sam Allardyce was about to become the first England manager in 34 years to fail to win his opening game.Instead, Lallanas late goal against Slovakia showed Allardyce he just might gain the fortuitous breaks his predecessors havent enjoyed.And the former Bolton, Sunderland and West Ham manager wondered what role a newly-obtained lucky penny had to play in the winning start to World Cup qualifying.A father and his son in a wheelchair came to the hotel this morning and asked if it was OK to have a picture, Allardyce said after Sundays 1-0 win in Trnava. When we finished, he said: `Let me give you a lucky coin. Here it is. I had it with me in my pocket. We won, so itll stay with me.Im not really superstitious but Im going to keep it. Its got us a last-minute winner. I wonder how far it will take us.The first target is just making it to the finals in Russia in 2018. Then Allardyce will need his players to provide more of a threat than they did against Slovakia. It was a turgid England performance reminiscent of Roy Hodgsons final game in charge -- the loss to Iceland in the round of 16 at the European Championship in June.Even after gaining a man-advantage from the 57th minute, when Martin Skrtel received a second yellow card for another foul on Harry Kane, the visitors struggled to break through Slovakias resistance in their first game in Group F.Sloppy goalkeeping helped Lallana score his first England goal in his 27th international after his shot went through Matus Kozaciks legs.Its been a long time coming, Lallana said. I put pressure on myself to score goals and I knew it was only a matter of time.It was pretty nerve-wracking at the end because the 10-man scenario means you must win, a giddy Allardyce said in his post-match television interview, struggling to begin his answer while still laughing at his gd fortune.It was difficult to break them down ... but we got what we deserved.It tk until the 65th minute for England to hit the target for the first time. Wayne Rney hit a low shot straight at Kozacik as the captain became Englands most capped outfield player, surpassing the record he held with David Beckham, by making a 116th appearance.We didnt panic, I think thats the main thing, the 30-year-old Rney said. We stuck to our plan, we kept our shape and tried to penetrate them in the right areas but also without giving them t many chances.---MALTA 1, SCOTLAND 5Robert Snodgrass gave Scotland the early edge over neighbor England in Group F with a hat trick on the Mediterranean island as the team chases its first tournament appearance since the 1998 World Cup. Two Malta players -- Jonathan Caruana and Luke Gambin -- were also sent off in the second half for fouling Snodgrass.Scotland only got going in the second half, after Alfred Effiongs header had canceled out Snodgrass opener. Surprise starter Chris Martin restored Scotlands lead in the 53rd minute and Snodgrass was on target again on the hour from the penalty spot after being clipped by Caruana. Snodgrass completed his treble after substitute Steven Fletcher netted, while Gambin saw red in stoppage time.---LITHUANIA 2, SLOVENIA 2Slovenia staged a late fightback to rescue a point, with Bostjan Cesar heading in the equalizer in the third minute of stoppage time. Rene Krhin started the comeback in the final 15 minutes after Fedor Cernych and Vykintas Slivka gave Lithuania a 2-0 half-time lead. Seth Joyner Eagles Jersey .Y. -- Bills receiver Stevie Johnson has a bone to pick with the NFL schedule maker. Brian Dawkins Youth Jersey . How great will be revealed in the next couple of days at the board of governors meeting in Pebble Beach, Calif. http://www.theeaglesshoponline.com/Youth-Herman-Edwards-Eagles-Jersey/ . -- Team after team passed on Andre Ellington in the draft. Wilbert Montgomery Youth Jersey . Kuznetsov, who was selected by the Capitals in the first round of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, has been playing for his hometown team Chelyabinsk Traktor of the KHL. Dallas Goedert Jersey .ca NHL Power Rankings for the second straight week, ahead of the Pittsburgh Penguins and Colorado Avalanche. Coach Ken Hinkley made Port Adelaide players train under a blunt message on day one of AFL pre-season.What Did You Learn was written on the Alberton Oval scoreboard.The biggest thing we learnt is that the standard of last year wasnt gd enough, Port captain Travis Boak told reporters on Monday.And we need to come back and want to improve ... they are the words Kenny said and they are the words that will be ringing in the guys ears.After missing the past two finals, Boak said Monday - the first time Ports full group trained together - was an important step.You get a little bit edgy, you certainly wan to get back into it - with the season we had, were ready to start again, Boak said.Things will change. It will be a fresh start for this group, a fresh start for the club and that is the way we wannt to lk at it.ddddddddddddI dont want to get t into detail.But just the whole vibe around the club, the enjoyment at training, there is a little bit of game plan stuff which we tinker with every pre-season.And a huge focus on our skills ... there is a few things there that we will continue to work on.Boak said Port planned to use Paddy Ryder and Angus Monfries as inspiration during the preseason after the former Essendon players served a year ban.Not only out on the track and when they play, but around the club, Boak said.For those guys to miss a year of fty, it will be gd for them to speak to the group about having something so important to you taken away. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 24 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen