Open trophy, but he ached a bit, too, for Mickelson. "Hes a great leader, and be

in Mitglieder 13.08.2019 12:09
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

HATTIESBURG, Miss. -- Cameron Reynolds hit four 3-pointers and had his first double-double of the season, freshman Ray Ona Embo scored a season-high 15 points and Tulane snapped a nine-game skid against Southern Miss with a 71-64 win on Saturday night.Reynolds had 22 points and a season-high 10 rebounds and Blake Paul scored 10 with seven rebounds for Tulane.Reynolds hit back-to-back 3s to spark a 16-0 run that made it 18-8 midway through the first half and the Green Wave (3-7) led the rest of the way. Ona Embo scored six in a row and Southern Miss went scoreless for more than five minutes during that stretch.Tulane tk a 30-17 lead into the break and led by as many as 21 in the second half. The Golden Eagles (2- used a 21-6 run to pull within six with 20 seconds left, but would get no closer.Quinton Campbell and Kevin Holland scored 15 points apiece for Southern Miss. Holland added a career-high eight assists. Cheap NCAA Store . Peter Holland and Brad Staubitz were sent to Toronto on Saturday as the Maple Leafs traded defenceman Jesse Blacker and draft picks to the Anaheim Ducks. NCAA Jerseys From China . 1 position. The Mustangs (6-0), who beat Queens 50-31 last weekend, earned 17 first-place votes and 287 points in voting by the Ftball Reporters of Canada. Western was last ranked first in the country in October 2011. http://www.cheapncaajerseyscustom.com/ . Sulaiman, 44, was chosen unanimously Tuesday in a vote by the leadership, the World Boxing Council said. Sulaiman becomes the sixth president of the organization. Stitched NCAA Ftball Jerseys . "We have always prided ourselves on the way we play defence. Having two big pieces back is going to be a key for us moving forward for years to come," said Knighthawks head coach Mike Hasen. Stitched NCAA Ftball Jerseys . Jim Rutherford, President and General Manager of the Carolina Hurricanes, announced Wednesday that the team would assign Swedish forward Elias Lindholm to his nations team for the upcoming tournament.ARDMORE, Pa. -- Tied for the U.S. Open lead, Hunter Mahan was on cruise control. He was the steadiest player for most of Sunday at Merion Golf Club, ripping off par after par after par to stay in the hunt. Then he hit No. 15. Mahans tee shot sailed into the rough. So did his second. Just like that, Mahans Open run was over. He fell from a three-way tie for first after his double-bogey on 15 and finished in a four-way tie for fourth with a 5-over 75 and a 285 total. It was his best Open finish since he was sixth in 2009. "It was brutal out there," Mahan said. "It was tough finishing. But I swung it pretty well, kept my composure." He scored pars on 13 of his 14 holes with one bogey and tied for the lead with winner Justin Rose and Phil Mickelson going into 15, where he three-putted for double bogey. He rebounded with a par on 16, but bogeyed the next two holes and lost any chance of winning his first major. "Its not fun on the last three there," he said. "Phil and I had great chances on 16, and none of us could make it." Mahan was topped only by Mickelson on Saturday and trailed him by a stroke. They were paired together and went off as the final group on Sunday. Mahan has yet to win this season and really never has been in the final-round hunt at a major. Still, he saw a silver lining. "Its gd to be there, because every time you get back there again, you feel a little bit more calm," he said. "You know its still golf. And its still about hitting gd shots.dddddddddddd" It was a much different scene in 2010 when Mahan was in tears after the U.S. blew the Ryder Cup in Newport, Wales Mahan asked then to be in the last singles match, asked to have the pressure of the anchor spot. But he blew up on No. 17 and conceded to Graeme McDowell to send the Cup back to the Europeans. Out of that failure, a deeper friendship with Mickelson blossomed. It was Mickelson who patted Mahan on the shoulder and tried to bst his spirits even as tears welled in the Texans eyes after Wales. Yes, Mahan wanted that Open trophy, but he ached a bit, t, for Mickelson. "Hes a great leader, and being in golf you dont hear that word very often -- leader," Mahan said. "But hes really a leader in the game and he takes his time out to talk to the young guys. He did it with myself at the Presidents Cup. He really relishes that role and enjoys it. "Hes a great guy to admire." Mahans has had major struggles this season, missing two cuts, and finishing no better than 16th in four tournaments prior to the Open. He was among a group of contenders -- Steve Stricker, Luke Donald, Billy Horschel and Rose -- that had never won a major. That, of course, changed for Rose on Sunday. Buoyed by Merion, Mahan feels better about ending that streak sn. "I stepped on the tee today knowing I was going to win," he said, "And left the 18th green knowing I could win. Its all gd." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 473 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen