hich he said he has put behind him.I have no regrets, Garcia said. Ive got to enjoy m

in Bewerbung 13.08.2019 07:05
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

DENVER -- In a back-and-forth game that stretched long into the cold, wet night, an errant throw provided the final twist.Ryan Raburn hit an RBI double and continued home when the Cubs threw away the relay, capping a two-run rally in the 11th inning against Aroldis Chapman that sent the Colorado Rockies over Chicago 7-6 early Saturday.Ive known and Ive seen Raburn for a long time, Cubs manager Joe Maddon said. He does hit lefties well. Hes a really gd batter against left-handed pitching. He came through for them.Rain delayed the start for more than two hours and temperatures dropped into the 40s. The Rockies wound up winning well past midnight.Dexter Fowler, who led off the game with a home run, gave Chicago a 6-5 lead by blping an RBI single in the top of the 11th.In the bottom half, Nick Hundley singled with one out off Chapman (0-1). Raburn then tied it with a drive off the right-field wall. And when second baseman Javier Baez made a wild throw that got past catcher Willson Contreras and flew into the Cubs dugout, the umpires waved Raburn home.We did a lot of gd things, Maddon said. Aroldis was not perfect. Hundleys hit was really a big play right there.Maddon said the umpires ruled that Raburn had reached second before the relay throw was made, entitling him to two bases on the error.Had the ball hit the screen (in front of the dugout) and comes back, it is still in play. But it went out, Maddon said.Matt Carasiti (1-0) got the win.Down 5-1 after six innings, the Rockies scratched back and later scored three times in the eighth to tie it at 5. They went on to post their first extra-inning win in four tries this season, overtaking the team with the best record in the majors.Rkie David Dahl homered for Colorado. Addison Russell connected for Chicago.Rob Zastryzny, making his major league debut after being recalled by the Cubs before the game from Triple-A Iowa, escaped a bases-loaded jam in the 10th by getting Gerardo Parra to ground out. Felix Pena, who also made his first big league appearance after being recalled, pitched a perfect ninth.They really held their own well, Maddon said. They made pitches when they had to and actually gave us a chance to win.Zastryzny said his first outing was a confidence bster.This outing justified me being here, he said. It proved I could get outs under difficult situations.Kris Bryant had three hits for the Cubs, including an RBI single. Fowler hit his 20th career leadoff homer and sixth this season.Russells two-run homer made it 5-1 in the sixth. The Rockies got an unearned run in the seventh on a throwing error from Bryant at third base.TRAINERS RMCubs: RHP John Lackey was put on the 15-day disabled list with a right shoulder strain. ... RHP Hector Rondon also was placed on the DL because of a right triceps strain.Rockies: CF Charlie Blackmon was scratched from the starting lineup because of a bruised right toe but he came on in the 10th inning as a pinch-hitter. ... After battling colitis for the past month, RHP Chad Qualls has been reinstated from the DL.UP NEXTCubs: Mike Montgomery (1-1), who has been pitching out of the bullpen since being acquired from Seattle a month ago, is set to make his first start as a member of the Cubs.Rockies: RHP Jeff Hoffman, a former first-round pick of the Blue Jays who was acquired a year ago as part of the deal that sent Troy Tulowitzki to Toronto, is slated to start in his major league debut.Jose Juan Barea Mavericks Jersey . Two pressure cker bombs exploded near the finish line of the April 15 race in an area packed with fans cheering the passing runners. Three people were killed and more than 260 injured, including at least 16 who lost limbs. Kostas Antetokounmpo Mavericks Jersey . The 17-year-old native of Marystown, N.L., pulled out of Skate Canada International last month in Saint John, N.B., with the same problem. http://www.mavericksteamofficial.info/jalen-brunson-mavericks-jersey/ . -- About a third of the way through the regular season, the Washington Wizards are at . Jason Kidd Mavericks Jersey . MORITZ, Switzerland -- Fog prevented downhill racers from getting their Olympic dress rehearsal. Luka Doncic Jersey . -- In one brief spurt, Brazil turned a close game into a rout and proved again it will be a strong World Cup favourite.Mikey Garcia was near the top of boxing 2? years ago. Entering his prime, he was making headway on most pound-for-pound lists, had won a world title in a second weight division, was an HBO headliner, and was on the verge of his first seven-figure purse.Top Rank promoter Bob Arum even talked him up as a possible opponent for Manny Pacquiao. Garcia was going places. And then suddenly he was going nowhere.Since outpointing Juan Carlos Burgos to retain a junior lightweight world title for the second time on Jan. 25, 2014, Garcia has not had a fight. Unhappy with his career-long promoter, Top Rank, Garcia, believing his promotional contract had expired, sued the company. The ensuing legal wrangling has kept him on the sidelines all this time. Finally, the issue was settled out of court a few months ago and Garcia was free to resume his career.Top Rank, of course, promoted many big fights while Garcia sat out. Garcia, on the other hand, was a man without a fight -- other than the one between his lawyers and Top Ranks.But even though there was no end in sight on the contract beef, Garcia, a former featherweight titleholder who relinquished his junior lightweight title because he was idle and unable to make a mandatory defense, trained regularly at the Oxnard, California, gym of his brother and trainer Robert Garcia.As much as he trained, however, he was spinning his wheels, with his career direction entirely uncertain. But at least he stayed in shape.Even though its been 2? years, I stayed in the gym almost the entire time, Mikey Garcia said. I probably tk maybe two to three weeks off throughout the entire two-year period. I was always active, always in the gym, and I was doing a lot of sparring, actually.Robert Garcias gym is filled with talented young fighters, and Mikey Garcia figures he sparred with almost all of them during his sabbatical.I helped out a lot of the guys in my brothers gym, starting with Marcos Maidana when he fought [Floyd] Mayweather, Garcia said. I was his primary sparring partner, and we worked a lot of rounds with him. And then the fights [of] my other gym members, like Saul Rodriguez -- I was helping him, I was helping Max Perez, and the new guys that my brother has. Theyre fighting frequently, very, very frequently.So I kept helping them in the gym and that allows me to stay in shape because, even though its been 2? years, really, honestly, it seems like it was six, nine months for me because I stayed in the gym. I stayed active. I stayed in shape. And I never really tk t much time out of the gym.All that training should finally come in handy as Garcia prepares for his return. He will take on former featherweight titlist Elio Rojas, himself saddled by a 23-month layoff, in a 10-round junior welterweight fight on Saturday night (Showtime, 9 p.m. ET with preliminary bouts on Showtime Extreme beginning at 7 p.m. ET/PT) at Barclays Center in Brklyn, New York.I expect to pick up right where I left off, Garcia said. I was a world champion, I was undefeated, and I still am. I didnt leave because I was injured. I think Ill come back even better. Im hungrier now than I was before.Said Robert Garcia: Its been a while. We might see a little bit of rust, a little bit of adjustment to timing. But the way hes been in the gym, against top-quality fighters, hes been lking so gd that I wouldnt be surprised if he put on one of his best performances.Garcia-Rojas is the co-feature of the three fights being televised on Showtime, a card headlined by featherweight titlist Leo Santa Cruz (32-0-1, 18 KOs) defending his belt for the second time when he faces former unified junior featherweight titleholder Carl Frampton (22-0, 14 KOs).dddddddddddd The telecast will open with a junior middleweight-title-elimination bout between Ricky Hatton-trained Sergey Rabchenko (27-1, 20 KOs) and Tony Harrison (23-1, 19 KOs).Rojas (24-2, 14 KOs), 33, of the Dominican Republic, who held a featherweight title from 2009 to 2010, has not fought since a lightweight bout in August 2014. But that was his only fight in the past four-plus years. His inactivity was caused by a grand slam of problems: a contract dispute with former promoter Don King, management contract issues, injuries and a visa problem.Rojas, t, is happy to be back.Were both coming off of long layoffs, Rojas said. I see the fight pretty even. Garcia might have some advantages of being the bigger guy, but Im not worried about that. I feel like I can beat Mikey Garcia. I have some things that I think will give Mikey Garcia a lot of trouble. I have the tls.We know that Mikey is the favorite. Everyone thought LeBron James was going to lose in the [NBA] Finals when he was down 3-1, but this is a sport and anything can happen.Robert Garcia said he and his brother are not taking Rojas for granted.Elio is a fighter that has been off for a while and hes a former world champion. Hes also trying to come back and make a statement, he said. We have to be prepared for the opponent to be at the top of his game.Mikey Garcia said that other than the deal to fight Rojas, he remains a free agent with no ties to any network or promoter, although Showtime Sports general manager Stephen Espinoza has made no secret of his hopes that Garcia will remain on his network.It is a very positive thing in the sport for someone of Mikeys caliber to be returning, Espinoza said. Were excited to see what he has planned for a new division. And as is typical for Mikeys career, he never takes the easy way out.Garcia (34-0, 28 KOs), 28, of Riverside, California, said he is also talking to adviser Al Haymon, who helped put together the fight. Business entanglements aside, Garcia said he is simply lking forward to getting back into the ring.I dont feel any pressure at all. To me, its just another day at the office, he said. I have faith in my abilities and confidence in what I can do as a boxer. Im excited to be back. Im going to go in there and take care of business like I always do. I want to give the fans something to talk about.Im more motivated than I ever have been before. Its been a long time of working hard in the gym every day. Im very happy to be back and I want to accomplish a lot more. I think youre going to see a better Mikey on Saturday. My will to win is higher than its ever been.Garcia is fighting at junior welterweight but has not ruled out the possibility of moving down to lightweight. Whichever division he fights in, his goal is to win a world title in a third weight class.I want to fight at 135 and fight for a title there, he said. Im going to see how my body feels after this fight, but thats the plan as of now. Were not lking past Elio. I definitely want to get back in the ring sn if everything goes right.And he certainly has no plans for another 2?-year layoff, which he said he has put behind him.I have no regrets, Garcia said. Ive got to enjoy myself more than I had in the last 10 years. When youre in boxing, its a year-round sport. You dont have time to yourself, for your family or friends. You miss out on a lot. I learned a lot in my time away, about boxing and more. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 405 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen