run includes exits against Arsenal in 2005/06 and Liverpool in 2008/09.Last season, Juventus held a 2-1 advantage in the semi-f

in Bewerbung 13.08.2019 07:04
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

ATLANTA -- Nick Kyrgios withstd the intense heat and three-time defending champion John Isners serve Sunday to win the BB&T Atlanta Open for his second ATP World Tour title.The 21-year-old Australian, 10 years younger than the 6-ft-10 Isner, won 7-6 (3), 7-6 (4). Kyrgios matched Isners powerful service game, especially in the tiebreakers, and topped the ace count 17-16.I knew it was going tough from the get go; John just feels so comfortable out on that court, Kyrgios said. I thought in the tiebreaks I didnt really miss a ball . . . I just did all the right things. I stayed calm.He won in Marseille, France, in February for his lone tour title.The match ended on Isners fourth double fault. During Isners 15-match Atlanta winning streak that ended Sunday, the former University of Georgia player was 12-2 in tiebreakersThe 6-ft-4 Kyrgios didnt appear bothered by the conditions in the match that began with temperatures in the mid-90s, thick humidity and sunshine that helped raise the on-court temperature at Atlantic Station to 130 degrees. He played crisply, and the second-seed kept asking for balls quickly when he was serving so he could dictate tempo.I wasnt playing well at all at the start of the week, Kyrgios said. I wasnt in a gd place at all (mentally). Some things, I guess you cant explain.Isner often bent over to rest between points and always tk the maximum time on changeovers. The 10-time tour winner went through three sweat-soaked shirts to Kyrgios one.When the sun was out and there werent any clouds, I was really struggling, Isner said. It was really hot. I hadnt played under the sun this week at all, so maybe it was a bit of an adjustment for me.Kyrgios fought off three break points in the second game of the match to even the set at 1. Neither player broke the others serve all.I think him holding that first game certainly was important. It definitely settled him down, Isner said. If I go up 2-0, theres a gd chance that sets over.Playing in the day after three night matches, Isner faltered in both tiebreakers.I got a second wind in the second set, and I felt like I put myself in position to win, but I just sort of fell apart, he said. (In the second breaker) I doubled, steered a forehand and missed a forehand. Ive just got to fix a few things. It could just be between my ears.Kyrgios will rise to a career-high ranking of No. 16 in the world Monday, while Isner was likely to remain No. 17.This week was so much fun, Kyrgios said. I had my best friend here. I had my mom here, and a couple of the guys Im closest with on the Tour were here early in the week. It was probably the best week Ive had off the court in a long time. Its just rewarding that I played well.kiestore.com/Browns-Odell-Beckham-Jr-Jersey/" target="_blank">Odell Beckham Jr Youth Jersey . Ryan Garbutt had a goal and two assists as Dallas snapped a six-game losing streak with a 5-2 victory over the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday night. kiestore.com/Browns-David-Njoku-Jersey/" target="_blank">David Njoku Youth Jersey . LOUIS -- Valtteri Filppula assisted on three of Tampa Bays four goals, and the Lightning beat the St. kiestore.com/Browns-Jim-Brown-Jersey/" target="_blank">http://www.brownsrkiestore.com/Browns-Jim-Brown-Jersey/ . Roman Josi had a goal and an assist to lead the Predators to a 4-1 victory over the Dallas Stars on Monday night. kiestore.com/Browns-Baker-Mayfield-Jersey/" target="_blank">Baker Mayfield Youth Jersey . The 20-year-old Pelicans big man glanced up and smiled widely at the well-wishers -- a fitting end to a day he wont sn forget. Davis responded to his selection earlier in the day as a Western Conference All-Star with 26 points and 10 rebounds, and the New Orleans Pelicans overcame a 10-point fourth-quarter deficit to defeat the Minnesota Timberwolves 98-91 on Friday night. kiestore.com/Browns-Baker-Mayfield-Jersey/" target="_blank">Baker Mayfield Browns Jersey .C. -- Calgarys Kevin Koe did it the hard way again.Real Madrid must overcome a two-goal deficit if they are to reach the Champions League semi-finals - but history is against them.Bundesliga side Wolfsburg claimed a shock 2-0 win in the first leg of the quarter-final to leave Zinedine Zidanes side with a tough task in Tuesdays return leg at the Bernabeu.Only two teams have ever overturned a 2-0 away defeat from the first leg of a Champions League tie and Real themselves have not come back from a two-goal European deficit since they edged past Red Star Belgrade in 1987. Cristiano Ronaldo (left) and team-mates struggled in Germany The last European tie that Real Madrid managed to turn around at all was way back in 2002, when they put a 2-1 defeat in Munich to the back of their minds to eliminate Bayern with a 2-0 win at the Bernabeu, thanks to goals from Ivan Helguera and Guti. Luka Modric feels that Real Madrid have to be patient when they face Wolfsburg in the Champions League. Theyre two goals down after the first leg against. Real Madrid attempts to overcome deficit in Europe since last success Team and season First leg score Aggregate score Arsenal - 2005/06 0-1 0-1 Roma - 2007/08 1-2 2-4 Liverpl - 2008/09 0-4 0-5 Lyon - 2009/10 0-1 0-1 Barcelona - 2010/11 0-2 1-3 Bayern Munich - 2011/12 1-2 3-3 (lost on pens) Dortmund - 2013/14 1-4 3-4 Juventus 2014/15 1-2 2-3 Madrid have trailed from the first leg on eight occasions since, without emerging victorious on aggregate once.dddddddddddd That run includes exits against Arsenal in 2005/06 and Liverpl in 2008/09.Last season, Juventus held a 2-1 advantage in the semi-final ahead of the return leg in the Spanish capital, but the Madridistas went home unhappy as their side could only muster a 1-1 draw in the Bernabeu. Zinedine Zidane is under pressure once again The Spaniards can at least take solace from the fact they have progressed in all of their last four knockout-round ties with German clubs.They have won 29 of their past 34 Champions League games at home - and are also yet to concede at the Bernabeu in Europe this season. Watch some of Cristiano Ronaldos best skills and goals in a Real Madrid shirt Nor should Real panic if they are still behind late in the game; all of their past nine Champions League goals have come in the second half, and four of the past five goals Wolfsburg have conceded in the Champions League have come in the last 15 minutes.Their task might be tricky but manager Zidane is certainly not contemplating elimination.Madrid are never ready for that, he said at his pre-match press conference. Madrid always expect to go through, to do more and more, because its the club with the most European Cups.Follow Real Madrid v Wolfsburg via updates on SSNHQ and with our live blog on skysports.com and the Sky Sports apps. Get Sky Sports Alerts Breaking news, line ups and goal alerts from Real Madrid - direct to your mobileAlso See:Best and worst of CityWolfsburg stun Real ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 367 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen