so thats my focus.While indicating an eagerness to han

in Bewerbung 07.08.2019 15:10
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

Wimbledon wheelchair champion Gordon Reid is hoping to follow in the ftsteps of Andy Murray by adding a Paralympic gold medal to his first success at SW19.Murray holds both prestigious titles after clinching gold at London 2012 before securing two Wimbledon triumphs, first in 2013. He followed his 2016 Wimbledon win with Olympic gold in Rio.Reid is also a reigning Wimbledon champion after he won the tournaments first ever wheelchair singles event, as well as the doubles, to continue a superb year that already included winning the Australian Open title and reaching the French Open final.The 24-year-old has struck up a strong rapport with Murray in recent months and admits his fellow Scot is a brilliant example to follow.Our paths dont cross that often because they obviously have busy schedules but theyve been really supportive of me, Reid said. I caught Andy for a chat at the Wimbledon champions dinner which was great.The guy had just won Wimbledon a few hours before and all he asked about was me, what I had coming up, the Paralympics, how many players were in the draw, when I was going out - he never mentioned himself once.That sums up the kind of person he is, he really is inspiring. Then a few days later he was out at the Davis Cup, supporting the team there and training with them. It speaks volumes for his character.Aged 13, Reid contracted transverse myelitis, a condition that affects the spinal cord and left him without the use of his legs.Reid, who is from Alexandria, North West of Glasgow, tk up wheelchair tennis to stay active and, 11 years later, he is a six-time grand slam champion in singles and doubles events.Has he ever challenged Murray to a match in the chair?Hes probably got as much chance as beating me in the chair as I have if I went on my feet and played him running, Reid said.Im pretty sure hed be a gd wheelchair player if he had a few months to get used to it. Hed make a gd doubles partner for me, thats for sure.As well as the singles, Reid will be playing doubles in Brazil alongside his Wimbledon partner Alfie Hewett. He has a realistic chance of sealing gold in both competitions.Now preparing for his third Paralympic Games, Reid has reached six major finals out of the six available so far this year and won four of them.The big difference for me in the Paralympics and the slams is youre representing your country, youve got that flag on your chest and the name on your shirt, Reid added.Its bigger than just you as an individual athlete. Ive always loved playing for my country, its an amazing experience and makes you feel part of something bigger.tballramsshop.us/authentic-bobby-evans-rams-jersey/" target="_blank">Bobby Evans Rams Jersey . Cote was eligible to become a free agent Feb. 15. Cote helped running back Jon Cornish run for a league-high 1,813 rushing yards en route to being named the leagues most outstanding player. tballramsshop.us/authentic-clay-matthews-rams-jersey/" target="_blank">Clay Matthews Youth Jersey . Tracey comes to the Blue Bombers after spending over a decade with Queens University. Most recently he was the schls assistant ftball coach. tballramsshop.us/authentic-jared-goff-rams-jersey/" target="_blank">http://www.ftballramsshop.us/authentic-jared-goff-rams-jersey/ . The 29-year-old Baines has established himself as one of the top attacking full backs in the country and was the subject of two bids from United during the last off-season. Everton manager Roberto Martinez says that keeping Baines at the club is a "massive bst and exciting for the future" because he brings "maturity and ftball knowledge in a very specialized position on the pitch" and an "infectious and positive influence to the rest of the squad. tballramsshop.us/authentic-kurt-warner-rams-jersey/" target="_blank">Kurt Warner Youth Jersey . Now, correct me if Im wrong but I saw one official distinctly pointing at the net indicating a gd goal but after an inconclusive review they overturned the goal. Shouldnt the ruling on the ice (gd goal) stand after an inconclusive review? Why was this overturned? James Veaudry Pembroke, ON -- Hey Kerry, Youll get a lot of these, but why was the Montreal goal against Nashville Saturday night overturned? Eller puts the puck on net and the on ice ruling from the ref behind the net is a Montreal goal. tballramsshop.us/authentic-torry-holt-rams-jersey/" target="_blank">Torry Holt Womens Jersey . Ferrer, trying to win his fourth title on Mexican soil, will next play South Africas Kevin Anderson, who eliminated American Sam Querrey,7-6 (2), 6-4. Also Wednesday, Gilles Simon (6) of France beat Donald Young of the United States 6-4, 6-3, Ukraines Alexandr Dolgopolov downed Frenchman Jeremy Chardy 6-3, 6-4 and Croatias Ivo Karlovic defeated Dudi Sela of Israel 7-6 (4), 6-2.Peter Nevill is open to a promotion in Australias batting order ahead of Mitchell Marsh, as the captain Steven Smith and the coach Darren Lehmann ponder how to get the best out of a middle-order duo who are yet to place their stamp on a Test match with the bat.As highlighted by the selection chairman Rod Marshs reference to Jackson Birds batting as a factor in his non-selection, Australia need to find a way to get more out of their lower-order batting on the days when the top five do not make the desired tallies of runs.It was a weakness exploited ruthlessly by Sri Lankas spinners during their recent clean sweep of a Test series, and a South African attack led by Dale Steyn will be eager to do likewise down under, this time with pace. Neither Marsh (averaging 24 after 18 Tests) nor Nevill (20.88 after 15 Tests) have been able to impose themselves, t often opening the dr to the Australian tail.While conventional wisdom has it that allrounders tend to bat at No. 6 and wicketkeepers at No. 7, Nevill and Marsh appear stylistically suited in opposite roles. Nevills busy but not overly histrionic batting has been most successful at No. 6 for New South Wales, where he averages 42.73 with six centuries and a highest score of 235 not out.Meanwhile, Marsh is much more of a free-spirited hitter, capable of changing the momentum of a game after the fashion of Nevills predecessor Brad Haddin or, in earlier years, Andrew Symonds. Nevill said he would happily move up the order, should Smith decide this was a better balance for the Test team. Id happily do whatever the skipper asked me to do, Nevill told ESPNcricinfo. Wherevers best for the team Im happy to bat wherever. Your role at No. 7 is either the teams going really well and you need to go out there and lk to push the game along with an eye on a declaration.Youre either thhat or five for not t many and you need to go out there and guts it out and put a partnerships together with whoever youve got at the other end, and batting with the tail as well.dddddddddddd So its usually one of those two scenarios Ive found being in the Australian team.For his part, Marsh is aware his place is under plenty of scrutiny going into this week. He is trying to focus on positive thoughts and an aggressive batting plan, the better to exploit his obvious power with the willow. Theres no doubt Im probably under a little bit of pressure, but I think if I go into the week thinking like that Im probably not going to enjoy it, he said.Its a home Test match, Im going to prepare as best as I ever have, and go out there and really enjoy myself and not focus on myself to much. I really just want to play for this team and play to win. Every time you bat you just try to bat as long as you can. For me its more about trying to score runs and being positive, and when Im doing that my feet move better and I get into better positions even to leave the ball, so thats my focus.While indicating an eagerness to hang onto his No. 6 berth, Marsh did agree his seam and swing had evolved to a point that a lower order commission would be plausible in the context of a greater bowling load in the field.I certainly want to remain an allrounder, I bat at six. But if that did come up Id be happy to do it, he said. I feel like my bowlings improved a lot over the last 18 months, and its gotten to a point now where Ive had a few occasions where blokes have gone down and Ive had to step up to the third seamer role. Ive done it before, but I really enjoy batting at No. 6 and want to stay there as long as I can. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 746 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen