ctice on Wednesday. Wetzel, normally a tackle, h

in Bewerbung 07.08.2019 15:10
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. -- Tennessee Titans coach Mike Mularkey decided his starters would play one series Thursday night, and for the defense, that meant a single snap.The Titans forced and recovered a fumble on the games first play, setting up a touchdown as they beat Miami 21-10 in the Dolphins remodeled stadium.Tennessee defensive end DaQuan Jones jarred the ball lse from Jay Ajayi, and Rashad Johnson recovered. Three plays later, rkie Derrick Henry scored on a 1-yard run, and that was the last action for almost all Titans first-teamers.Im happy with the defense with a turnover on the first play, Mularkey said. Im happy with the offense scoring a touchdown off of the turnover. Those are things gd teams do.The game gave South Floridians their first chance to check out the $500 million renovation of the Dolphins stadium, including a canopy and new video boards, as the project made its tight deadline.We had over 600 workers here, 24 hours a day, seven days a week for eight months, Dolphins president Tom Garfinkel said. Thats what it tk to get it done.Any attendance bst will have to wait, however. The crowd totaled perhaps 20,000, meaning the stadium was less than one-third full.Quarterbacks Marcus Mariota and Ryan Tannehill didnt play. Most of the Dolphins starters were held out, and coaches on both teams used the game to evaluate players trying to make the roster.The Titans finished the exhibition season 3-1, and the Dolphins went 2-2. Both teams open the regular season Sept. 11, with Miami at Seattle, and Tennessee hosting Minnesota.RKIE WATCHDolphins: G Laremy Tunsil, their first-round pick and a likely starter, was nursing a minor ft injury and didnt play as a precaution. RB Kenyan Drake made his preseason debut and had a 33-yard reception.Titans: Heisman Trophy winner Henry carried seven times for 62 yards, including a 26-yard run.He has done a great job since he has stepped in, whether its pass protection or running the ball, Mariota said. Were happy to have him.Undrafted DE Mehdi Abdesmad had a tackle for a loss and a sack.POSITION BATTLESMiami: Ajayi had three carries for 13 yards and dropped a pass to go along with his fumble.I was a little disappointed he put the ball on the ground, coach Adam Gase said. I know its the fourth preseason game, and everybody kind of lks at this game and shrugs their shoulders. But any time you walk on that field, its important. To have that happen, I expect better from him.Ajayi may lose the starting job to Arian Foster, who didnt play. CB Tony Lippett, battling rkie Xavien Howard for a starting job, had a first-quarter interception. Howard made his preseason debut and had three tackles.Tennessee: RB Bishop Sankey, a 2014 second-round pick fighting for a roster spot, didnt get a carry until the second half and finished with 25 yards in eight carries. S Kevin Byard, a third-round pick making a bid for playing time, had an interception in the end zone. Alex Tanney, trying to make the team as the third QB, went 17 for 20 for 168 yards with two interceptions. Third-string running back Antonio Andrews scored on two short runs.INJURY UPDATEDolphins: Reserve LB Mike Hull left the game in the first half with a hip injury.Titans: Mularkey said his team had no injuries.QUOTABLEDolphins: DE Julius Warmsley, battling for a roster spot, said it will nerve-wracking awaiting the coaches decision. Its always a grind for people like me in my position, he said. You always have to be the hardest-working person out there, because if youre not, Joe Schmoe will come in and sweep your spot.Titans: I just wanted to come out there and show them I could play, Andrews said. I got my wind up and just rocked with it.WEATHERING THE STORMMariota said his family was OK while bracing for the second of two tropical storms this week in his native Hawaii.A crazy deal with those two hurricanes, he said. Hopes and prayers out to them.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFLEddie Giacomin Jersey . The Redskins announced Monday that the quarterback who led the team to the Super Bowl championship in the 1987 season will serve as a personnel executive. Brendan Smith Rangers Jersey .C. -- Rodney Hd connected from all over the court while freshman Jabari Parker was busy swatting shots and scoring in transition. http://www.rangershockeyonlineshop.com/brian-leetch-hockey-jersey/ .Y. - New Orleans forward Anthony Davis was chosen Friday to replace the injured Kobe Bryant in the NBA All-Star game that will be played in his home city. Filip Chytil Rangers Jersey . The native of Mont-Tremblant, Que., captured a World Cup downhill event Saturday, his second this year and fifth career victory on the circuit. Henrik Lundqvist Rangers Jersey . Peter Gammons, an analyst for Major League Baseballs network and website, drew the ire of hockey fans on Sunday when he criticized the two NHL teams on Twitter for their physical game the night before.TEMPE, Ariz. -- Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians says he expects quarterback Carson Palmer to pass the last stage of the concussion protocol on Tuesday.That indicates Palmer could be back for next Monday nights home game against the New York Jets.Palmer was injured when his head slammed to the ground on a sack by Aaron Donald late in Arizonas 17-13 home loss to the Los Angeles Rams on Oct. 2. He sat out Thursday nights 33-21 victory over the San Francisco 49ers while backup Drew Stanton filled in.Speaking at his regular Monday news conference, Arians said he expects inside linebacker Kevin Minter to pass the protocol Tuesday as well. Minter sustained what Arians has called a mild concussion in the 49ers game.The Cardinals also released quarterback Zac Dysert, another sign that Palmer is expected to return, and signed guard/tackle Martin Wallace. Wallace was released by the Chicago Bears on Aug. 28.Arizona lost starting guards Evan Mathis and Mike Iupati with ankle injuries in the 49ers game. Mathis was placed on injured reserve.Arians said it was very gd news that Iupati has a sprained ankle when initiially it was feared to be worse.dddddddddddd Arians said he didnt know when Iupati will return.John Wetzel and Earl Watford tk over the guard spots against San Francisco and will be in those positions with the starting group when the players resume practice on Wednesday. Wetzel, normally a tackle, hadnt played guard since training camp.He gets a game ball, Arians said. It was huge, not having practiced it even for a while. I thought he stepped up as big as anybody has in a couple years.The coach said rkie lineman Cole Toner is more than ready to make his first NFL appearance.Mathis, in his 12th season, was signed in part to guide right tackle D.J. Humphries in his first season of NFL action. Humphries, a first-round draft pick in 2015, was inactive for every game last season.I think D.J. has grown so much and has learned so much from Evan throughout OTAs this summer that he can handle it on his own now, Arians said.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 75 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen