m of Grace Kelly, Princess of Monaco. The tenaciousness of Surya Bonaly makes her more of a champion than all of her titles comb

in Bewerbung 06.08.2019 13:08
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

ANAHEIM, Calif. -- When the Oakland Athletics wasted an excellent opportunity to take the lead, Albert Pujols made them pay.Pujols hit a two-run homer off Ryan Dull in the bottom of the ninth inning to give the Los Angeles Angels an 8-6 victory Wednesday night that extended Oaklands losing streak to five games.Stephen Vogt tied it 6-all with an RBI single in the top of the ninth, but Mike Morin (2-1) relieved Cam Bedrosian and got pinch-hitter Danny Valencia to bounce into an inning-ending double play with the bases loaded.It was the second time the As grounded into an inning-ending double play with runners in scoring position.Those were two key spots where were talking about situational at-bats and getting an extra run, maybe two, manager Bob Melvin said. Late in games, when you have runners on and you get two outs in one at-bat, it ends up being a factor.Mike Trout led off the bottom half and hit a grounder to third baseman Ryon Healy, who threw high and wide of first for an error. Pujols then drove a 3-1 pitch from Dull (5-3) far over the left-field fence for his 581st home run.Just a fastball over the middle of the plate when he needed to throw a strike, Melvin said. But we had opportunities, several opportunities throughout the game -- not just in the last inning. And we didnt play defense very well. Those cost you in close games.Trout had three hits and reached on Healys error to start the ninth, diving headlong into first base to avoid a tag. Pujols also finished with three hits to go with three RBI.After his game-ending drive, Pujols slid feet first into home plate before a swarm of excited teammates helped tear off his jersey.The slugger is two home runs behind former St. Louis teammate Mark McGwire for 10th on the career list. Pujols has 1,192 extra-base hits, passing Lou Gehrig for sole possession of ninth place, and his 20th walk-off plate appearance tied him for third-most since 1969, behind Dusty Baker and Rickey Henderson.Guys like Albert, it seems like late in the game, those guys want to be up there, Angels manager Mike Scioscia said. Theyre going to give you a gd at-bat.Jefry Marte and Cliff Pennington homered in the fourth for the Angels, who have won 10 of 12 at home.One night after earning his first save, Bedrosian, filling in for injured closer Huston Street, blew an opportunity when he allowed the tying run in the ninth. Bedrosian put the first five batters of the inning on base before being removed in favor of Morin.After the As scored once in the eighth on Jed Lowries bases-loaded walk to cut the Los Angeles lead to 6-5, Coco Crisp singled leading off the ninth. Max Muncy walked and Vogt tied the game with a single to left-center. Muncy was tagged out in a rundown between second and third, but Bedrosian walked Khris Davis and Yonder Alonso to load the bases.Morin got Valencia to ground into a 1-2-3 double play.Jered Weaver limited the As to four runs (three earned) and nine hits in six innings. Weaver gave up runs in the second, third and fourth, but the Angels tied it in the bottom of each inning before taking a 6-4 lead in the fifth.Thats definitely frustrating on my end. You want to be able to help a team win and hold a lead, Oakland starter Kendall Graveman said. I have to manage it and try to make pitches.Graveman lasted four-plus innings and allowed six earned runs, tying his season high and marking the first time in six starts that hes given up more than three.TRAINERS RMLowrie is playing with a bunion on his left ft. The team has ordered him orthotics in hopes of easing the pain but acknowledged that surgery might be an option. Lowrie is trying to avoid the disabled list.UP NEXTAthletics: RHP Jesse Hahn will be recalled from Triple-A Nashville on Thursday for his fourth start with Oakland this season. Hahn is 1-0 with a 2.84 ERA in two appearances against the Angels and 2-4 with a 5.53 ERA in eight major league games this year.Angels: RHP Ricky Nolasco will make his Angels debut in the series finale. Nolasco was acquired from Minnesota on Monday along with RHP Alex Meyer in exchange for LHP Hector Santiago. Nolasco, who grew up 50 miles northeast of Angel Stadium in Rialto, is 4-8 with a 5.13 ERA.Air Max 95 Just Do It Noir Pas Cher . - Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco is not a fan of his teams use of the wildcat formation, saying "it makes you lk like a high schl offence. Air Max 97 Just Do It Blanche . PETERSBURG, Fla. http://www.nikejustdoitchaussure.fr/pas-cher-max-tn-just-do-it.html . Arsenal failed to take full advantage of its main rivals stumbles on Saturday as substitute Gerard Deulofeu levelled with a hard shot from a tight angle in the 84th minute to give Everton a deserved point. Ahead of a crucial fortnight that will see them play against Napoli in the Champions League, Manchester City and Chelsea, Arsenal leads by five points ahead of Liverpl and Chelsea. Air Max 1 Just Do It Homme Blanche .7 million, one-year contract, a raise of $2.2 million. Wieters had asked for $8.75 million and the Orioles had offered $6. Air Force One Blanche Pas Cher . They were putting most of their energy into a record-setting offensive display.In July and August, espnWs weekly essay series will focus on body image.?When I think of the years it tk for me to accept my body as a vehicle both artistic and revolutionary, I remember Surya Bonaly.I first saw her compete watching the 1992 Winter Olympics on television. With her electric eyeliner and sequined leotard, she was the frozen Grace Jones of dreams.?In Surya, I saw a representation of my own figure, which was described as t physical, t defiant, t sensual during my years of training as a dancer.Similar to me, Bonalys figure did not fit the contours and fragility of the ice princess; she was ridiculed by the world of figure skating -- often more for her physicality than her immense talent as an athlete. Some in the figure skating world pegged her as a rebel. Even enthusiasts who described her performances as wonderful and spectacular mentioned her excellence with the caveat that she didnt lk like the typical ice princess.Of course, ice princess was just shorthand for the fact Bonaly possessed some of the stereotypical markers of a black womans body. She had a short, muscular stature with thick thighs and legs. She had dark skin of unmistakably African origins.In order to capitalize on the attention put upon Bonalys physical contrast with the pale ice princess aesthetic, and to bolster publicity, the French skating federation spread rumors about her heritage: that Bonaly was found off the coast of Madagascar as an infant, rescued from a coconut-strewn beach, the exotic juxtaposition of the jungle brought to the ice. The language that surrounds the legacy of Surya Bonaly is dangerous. The words do more to uphold long-standing biases against strength, independence and femininity than to further the integrity of competition.Bonalys dynamism transformed the landscape of contemporary figure skating. By the age of 22, Bonaly had already won five consecutive European Figure Skating Championship titlles.dddddddddddd She was the undisputed French champion for nine years. In a sport with little innovation, Bonaly trademarked the one-ft backflip, a move attributed to no other competitive skater. She completed her career as a three-time world silver medalist and five-time European champion.Reminiscent of the criticism women experience in the everyday world, the notion that a sport dominated by powerful women requires its participants to conform to a version of femininity that complies with stringent cultural normativity comes as no surprise. However, this should not be the burden of an athlete (or any person, for that matter) -- to fit the talents and triumphs of an extraordinary body into one narrowly defined box.I must have been about 16 when my mother tk my sister and me to see Champions on Ice. Surya Bonaly performed, fresh off her final Olympic run in Nagano, Japan, the place where, still recovering from a ruptured Achilles tendon, she debuted her signature backflip at the risk of disqualification. In Champions on Ice, her routine was not flawless. She fell while trying to complete a triple axel but finished smiling and waving with all the charm of Grace Kelly, Princess of Monaco. The tenaciousness of Surya Bonaly makes her more of a champion than all of her titles combined.For the girl I was back then -- still trying to starve and destruct myself to fit in the status quo -- she will always be an icon. Ferocity in sequins, Bonaly performed one death-defying backflip after the other, both on and off the ice.Shayla Lawson is the author of three poetry collections: A Speed Education in Human Being (Sawyer House Press, 2013), PANTONE (MIEL Bks, 2016), and the forthcoming I Think Im Ready to See Frank Ocean (Saturnalia Bks, 201. She is a member of the Affrilachian Poets. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 749 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen