erience and you want to make the most of it," Sie

in Bewerbung 06.08.2019 13:08
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

Australia batsman Adam Voges has backed the idea of allowing substitute fielders for players who may be suffering a concussion as a result of a head injury on the field of play. His comments came as he recounted how his freak head injury during a recent County Championship match between Hampshire and Middlesex had left him feeling like he had a hangover for 10 days thereafter.The fact that you get pulled out of the game immediately and you dont have any say in that, is one factor in it, Voges said. I understand the argument that, if you allow a sub for concussion, why wouldnt you allow a sub for other injuries. It could be a bit of a grey area. I understand that. But I am in favour of the sub rule.Voges had been struck at the back of his head, while fielding, by a ball thrown back towards the wicketkeeper after Hampshire batsman Michael Carberry had hit a boundary. Voges fell to the ground immediately, before being helped off the field by two physios and taken to hospital with a suspected concussion.I was standing at slip, just contemplating a fielding change, or a bowling change, I cant quite remember, he recalled. I didnt really pay attention to where the ball had gone or when it was coming back. It wasnt until very late that the keeper realised the ball was going over his head and it hit me straight in the back of the head. It was just a freak accident really.This was the first time Voges had been forced from the field due to a head injury. Though he was hospitalised only briefly, he said that he felt groggy and unwell for several days after the incident.I was a bit groggy for a week, week and a half after that and missed the next game, Voges said. It was probably my first experience with it. It felt like I was waking up with a hangover. It wasnt until 10 days after it that I started to feel right again.In May, Cricket Australia had proposed trialling the concussion subs idea for two years in domestic first-class cricket, but the ICC cricket committee, which met in early June, argued that the current laws and playing conditions allow players to receive the best possible medical treatment and further change to the regulations in this area is not required at present.Randall Cobb Jersey . "I was fortunate to play many years at this level with a great organization and unbelievable teammates," said Hejduk in a statement. Robert Newhouse Youth Jersey . Houston won 3-0 to advance to face New York in the Eastern Conference semifinals. Last in the game, Di Vaio and Romero got into a shoving match with several Houston players. Romero appeared to elbow and kick Houston defender Kofi Sarkodie. dson-Cowboys-Jersey/" target="_blank">http://www.shoptheofficialcowboys.com/Elite-Darren-Wdson-Cowboys-Jersey/ . - The Washington Redskins have cut defensive lineman Adam Carriker and punter Sav Rocca. Tony Dorsett Cowboys Jersey . The Redskins announced Monday that the quarterback who led the team to the Super Bowl championship in the 1987 season will serve as a personnel executive. Trysten Hill Womens Jersey . 10 Texas Rangers jersey for one last time. Young formally announced his retirement Friday after returning to Rangers Ballpark, his baseball home for all but the last of his 13 major league seasons.SASKATN - Saskatn Blades captain Brenden Walker and his teammates know their time together is almost up. The 20-year-old overage centre leads a veteran roster at the MasterCard Memorial Cup thats lking to go out on top after a trying season that still has a chance for a happy ending. The host team at the tournament was assembled with the sole purpose of winning the Canadian Hockey League title, but stumbled badly late in the season and was swept in the first round of the Western Hockey League playoffs. After a long break that included mounting criticism, the Blades lost 3-2 in the Memorial Cup opener to the London Knights before bouncing back with a big 5-2 upset win over the No. 1 ranked Halifax Mseheads on Sunday for their first victory in over two months. Walker says it isnt lost on the players that as many as 18 of them could be participating in their final week of CHL hockey. "Were laying it all out there," Walker said Tuesday. "Theres nothing to rest for so the guys will take a shot in the teeth, whatever it takes." Blades defenceman Duncan Siemens, a first-round pick of the Colorado Avalanche in 2011, says the Memorial Cup brings out the best in players. "Theres not t many things out there that can beat the stage that were on. Its one of the hardest trophies in sports to win," he said. "You see that every night when guys go out there and are diving head first in front of pucks and doing absolutely everything they can to help their team." The 19-year-old Siemens adds that the experience on the Sasktn roster has helped the team deal with the ups and downs it faced this season. "We do have an older group and for a few of our overagers this is their last kick at the can. I think we all want to do it for each other. Were not really focused on whats gonna come after this," he said. "We feel as a group weve worked extremely hard to this point and it would just be a waste to not put our best ft forward and not play they way were capable of." The Blades have their fate in the own hands ahead of Wednedays final round-robin game against the Portland Winterhawks as both teams sit at 1-1. A Saskatn victory sends them to Sundays final, while a loss means the Blades will have to play in Thursdays tiebreaker against the London Knights. Overage right-winger Josh Nichollls has three goals and an assist through the Blades first two games at the Memorial Cup.ddddddddddddThe 21-year-old who is property of the New York Rangers has played in Saskatn for five seasons and says the Blades understand the enormity of the situation for a team that has had its share of doubters. "We want it to be a special moment for us to all finish our careers together and make it a championship year. At the same time were doing it for all the alumni and the whole city of Saskatn," Nicholls said. "I think everyone deserves a championship in this city and we feel like were really lucky. "Its a special opportunity to be in this position." Blades head coach and general manager Lorne Molleken made a series of moves that sacrificed the future for the present as the franchise pushed for its first CHL title. Although the season didnt go according to plan, he says theres still an opportunity to make history. "Thats the beauty of team sport. We have a chance to do something extremely special here and our players have laid it on the line for each other. Thats been a big big part of it," Molleken said. "We feel that we have a solid group in that rm thats been a gd team all year. "Weve faced a lot of different adversities so we have chance here to do something special." Blades left-winger Michael Ferland was acquired from the Brandon Wheat Kings for a first-round pick before the trade deadline to help solidify the roster. He and Walker played in the Memorial Cup with Brandon back in 2010 and says he feels fortunate to get a second chance. "We realize that we dont really get a shot like this very often," said the 21-year-old Ferland, a 2010 fifth-round pick of the Calgary Flames. "We just want to go out on top. "Ive just got to embrace it. Times going by so fast." And while the clock is ticking on this incarnation of the Blades, theyre soaking up the experience that very few players get to experience. "This is something that youll remember for the rest of your life. For most people its a once in a lifetime experience and you want to make the most of it," Siemens said. "Its been the most fun Ive ever had playing hockey. Its an experience that will teach you a lot about yourself and a lot about the group that youre with." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 185 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen