four batters, including infield hits by Jonathan Villar and

in TeeLeague 26.07.2019 12:21
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Winning the division is always important in Green Bay.But the Packers usually have higher aspirations.Its about getting to the Super Bowl. All the better for coach Mike McCarthy if his team reclaims the NFC North along the way.Division titles are important, but I dont lose any sleep over it. Because we have a bigger goal, McCarthy said on Thursday. We dont hang division title banners around here.Days before the start of his 11th season, McCarthy said one of the main goals each season is to take the NFC North, a title that eluded the Packers in 2015 when the Minnesota Vikings ended Green Bays four-year run atop the division.A division title guarantees at least one home playoff game.But theres a constant reminder of the ultimate goal in the stadiums atrium, a 50-ft replica of the Lombardi Trophy.The shiny top of the trophy was visible from the window of the Lambeau conference rm where McCarthy talked to reporters.So, frankly, once you cross the threshold into the playoffs, its about getting to the final game and winning, McCarthy said.I want everybody to think that way, and I want everybody to behave that way and train that way and aspire for that to be.The Packers roster appears stocked with talent to make another deep run.Receiver Jordy Nelson has returned from a knee injury. Tailback Eddie Lacy lked rejuvenated in training camp after a subpar 2015 season. Linebacker Clay Matthews is playing from the edge again, eager to harass opposing quarterbacks.And the Packers have a pretty gd one of their own, t.Two-time NFL MVP Aaron Rodgers is in his prime, with the clock ticking. He turns 33 in December.Green Bay last won the Super Bowl in 2011, beating the Pittsburgh Steelers 31-25. Back then, Rodgers was only in his third season as a starter. Some around the NFL thought a new Packers dynasty was taking rt.Ive always had a full understanding of how hard it is to get to the Super Bowl, McCarthy said. Theres just so many things that you have to overcome, particularly in December and January ... to put yourself in position, Number 1, to be part of that small group of playoff teams.There the Packers were again this past January as a wild-card team in spite of their uncharacteristic season-long struggles for an injury-battered offense.The Packers were eliminated from the playoffs when Arizonas Larry Fitzgerald scored on a 5-yard touchdown pass just more than a minute into overtime in the divisional round.In 2014, Seattle eliminated Green Bay in overtime on Jermaine Kearses 35-yard touchdown reception from Russell Wilson. Theyve lost five playoff games overall on the final play under McCarthy.Asked if those close calls made him consider philosophical changes, McCarthy said, I think its important to stay in touch with the reality of what happened and why it happened, because if you lose sight of that then you start making changes and decisions for the wrong reasons.Against Arizona last season, for instance, the Packers were decimated by injuries to their receiving group. It severely limited the playbk for a potential 2-point conversion try after Jeff Janis 41-yard touchdown on a desperation pass from Rodgers as time expired in regulation. The Packers settled for the tie with an extra point to send the game into overtime.But yes, it would be nice if we had five of those where we won by one play. Im sure if you lked it up, theyre out there, McCarthy said. You get in playoff ftball, there are plays every game, big play opportunities that can swing the game.Through the ups and downs, the Packers stick with their draft-and-develop philosophy. Even with Rodgers in his prime, general manager Ted Thompson tends to not make moves to mortgage the future.But, hey, we clearly understand the type of player Aaron is, and we have a path, we have a vision to get to where we want to go, McCarthy said. Theres no guarantee, either, if you go out and sign a bunch of high-priced free agents -- I think history would tell you that that process has failed a lot more than its worked.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Travis dArnaud Mets Jersey . Oyama had six birdies and two bogeys at Kintetsu Kashikojima in the event also sanctioned by the Japan LPGA Tour. "I have been having this neck ache thats been affecting my golf recently," Oyama said. Pete Alonso Mets Jersey .ca lks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. http://www.metsbaseballauthentic.com/jason-vargas-mets-jersey/ . Anthony Calvillo, through 20 CFL seasons, was frequently invincible and largely stoic in the heat of competition. But underneath the professional exterior he was, and is, compellingly human. Pedro Martinez Mets Jersey . The showiest items on Calgarys lot were forwards Mike Cammalleri and Lee Stempniak. Both will be unrestricted free agents this summer. Todd Frazier Jersey . Tevez, who has had conflicts with coaches in the past, has not been called up since Sabella was named coach in 2011. Argentina boasts Lionel Messi, Gonzalo Higuain, Sergio Aguero, Ezequiel Lavezzi and Angel Di Maria.ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Big swings by Josh Hamilton have been few and far between during his first season with the Angels. But the 2010 AL MVP showed Saturday night why they signed him to a $125 million, five-year contract last winter, homering with one out in the 10th inning to give Los Angeles a 6-5 victory over the Houston Astros. It was Hamiltons fifth career game-ending homer, including the one he hit July 6, and it made him the third player in franchise history to do it twice in one season along with Bobby Abreu and current teammate Mark Trumbo. "Everybody Ive talked to says players go through seasons like this, and this is the first season Ive ever gone through like this," said Hamilton, hitting only .227 in 115 games. "But the way you persevere through these things determines your character and makes you better in the long haul." Trumbo also homered and drove in two more runs with his first triple of the season, but it wasnt enough until Hamilton sent an 0-2 pitch from Josh Fields (1-3) to right-centre for his 18th homer and 59th RBI. "When I hit it, I wasnt quite sure if I got it because it wasnt absolutely flush. But when I was running and saw him lk up, it was a gd feeling," Hamilton said. "Moments like that make it a little easier to come back every day. It would be nice to do it all the time." Ernesto Frieri (1-4) pitched two scoreless innings for the win. L.J. Hoes greeted the right-hander with a line drive down the right-field line leading off the ninth and legged it to second. Umpire Eric Cper called him safe despite the protestations of Angels manager Mike Scioscia and shortstop Erick Aybar, who appeared to tag Hoes on the back as he slid by. Cper and the rest of his crew huddled and reversed the call to an out, resulting in a single for Hoes and leading to a lengthy and animated argument between Cper and Astros manager Bo Porter. Frieri then struck out four of his next five batters. "At first, I didnt think he tagged me. But I watched the replay and it lked like he might have swiped my jersey," Hoes said. "Im definitely surprised that they overturned it. It would have been huge to lead off the ninth inning with a double." Porter was considerably more adamant about his displeasure over the ruling. "Ive never seen anything like that -- where the umpire is actually in position to make a call, makes the call and then agrees to get help on the call that hes in position to make," Porter said. "He said he may not have seen it as clearly as he wanted to see it. It was a big play." Brett Wallace homered and drove iin three runs for the Astros.dddddddddddd Philip Humber relieved Houston starter Dallas Keuchel in the fifth and pitched 2 2-3 innings, giving up the tying run in the seventh on Aybars two-out RBI single after Mike Trout walked and stole second. Angels right-hander Garrett Richards gave up five runs and a career-high 12 hits through six-plus innings in his 21st big league start, striking out seven and walking none. He was coming off his first complete game in the majors, a 2-1 loss at Yankee Stadium last Monday. Keuchel gave up four runs and eight hits in four-plus innings. The 25-year-old left-hander, who threw a career-high 116 pitches over 8 2-3 innings last Sunday in a 6-1 loss to Texas, was removed by Porter with a 5-4 lead after walking the first two batters in the fifth. The Astros pulled ahead 5-4 in this seesaw affair with three runs in the top half. Wallace tied it with his 10th homer, sending Richards 2-2 pitch into the left-field bullpen after a single by Robbie Grossman. Jose Altuve followed with a single and scored on a two-out double by designated hitter Chris Carter, who had a career-high five RBIs in Fridays series-opening 8-2 win. Trumbo, the only Angels player to appear in every game this season before Scioscia gave him Friday off, returned to the lineup with his .236 average and hit his 27th homer into the centre-field trees leading off the second. One inning later, the Angels cleanup hitter followed two-out singles by Collin Cowgill and Trout with an opposite-field triple to right, giving Trumbo 78 RBIs and tying Trout for the club lead. Aybar capped the rally with an RBI double that extended the margin to 4-2. Houston tk a 2-1 edge in the third after Richards gave up singles to his first four batters, including infield hits by Jonathan Villar and Grossman and an RBI single by Wallace. Villar scored on Altuves double-play grounder. NOTES: Frieri became the 16th Angels pitcher to be credited with a victory this season, matching their total for each of the previous three years. The club record is 19 in 2000, when reliever Shigetoshi Hasegawa led the club with 10 wins and no starter had more than eight. ... Fifteen players on the Astros 25-man roster have spent time in the minors this season. Porter has started at least four different players at every defensive position except catcher. ... Trout, playing in his 300th big league game, extended his on-base streak to 39 consecutive games -- second-longest in club history behind SS Orlando Cabreras 63-game stretch in 2006. ... The Angels and Astros entered with the two highest error totals in the AL, and the two highest team ERAs. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 251 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen