Manager John Farrell said after the game that

in TeeLeague 26.07.2019 12:21
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

FORT WORTH, Texas -- Patrick Mahomes and Texas Tech can certainly pile up the points and the yards. That doesnt always translate to wins.The Red Raiders are coming off a game in which Mahomes completed 52 of 88 passes and matched an FBS record with 734 yards passing, while breaking a record with 819 total yards. And they lost 66-59 .Texas Tech (3-4, 1/3 Big 12) takes a three-game losing skid into Saturdays game at TCU (4-3, 2-2), which has won the last two games in the series with some big numbers of its own.That home game last week against 16th-ranked Oklahoma was Texas Techs fourth loss since the start of last season when scoring more than 50 points. The first was 55-52 in the Big 12 opener last year against TCU, which scored on a fourth-down pass in the final minute.I usually get past losses, Mahomes said, referring to the last game against the Horned Frogs. But with that one ... you fought to the very end, and they got a tipped pass touchdown and it changed the whole dynamic of the season.Tech lost five of seven games after its 3-0 start last year.When the Red Raiders last visited Fort Worth two years ago, TCU set schl and Big 12 scoring records in an 82-27 victory . In their first meeting as Big 12 foes in 2012, Texas Tech won 56-53 in triple overtime.First-year Horned Frogs quarterback Kenny Hill is second in the Big 12 with 357.1 total yards a game -- 150 yards behind Mahomes national-leading 507.1 yards per game.But Hill has only 394 total yards combined the last two games. The 34-10 setback at West Virginia last week was TCUs most-lopsided loss in five Big 12 seasons.I dont think just the quarterback, I think we need to play with more swagger, TCU coach Gary Patterson said. Hes got to have more people to throw to. Young players hit the grind. ... Kenny, hes got a little bit of confidence back. Sometimes on throws its not always the quarterbacks fault. But hes the one that gets blamed.Some other things to know when the Horned Frogs and Red Raiders play:RETURN OF TURPSix weeks after injuring his left knee, TCU receiver and returner KaVontae Turpin is expected to be back for the Horned Frogs on Saturday. He got hurt Sept. 17 against Iowa State. He had gone into that game as the national leader with 236 all-purpose yards per game, and was TCUs leading receiver after seven catches in each of the first two games.STILL HEALINGMahomes still doesnt feel like he has the same zip on the ball as he did before spraining a joint in his throwing shoulder against Kansas on Sept. 29, exactly a month ago Saturday. But hes improving. Its actually feeling the best its felt so far since Ive had the injury, said Mahomes, who got hurt when tackled against the Jayhawks. Im going to keep rehabbing and keep getting out there and practicing and it will get better every day.KNOWING KENNYTexas Tech coach Kliff Kingsbury was previously the offensive crdinator at Texas A&M, where he was involved in the recruitment of Hill. Hes a guy who I thought was going to be a star, and hes heading that way, Kingsbury said. You watch him play, hes still learning their system, still getting comfortable, but the sky is the limit on his potential.BOTH SIDES OF BLOWOUTSTCU co-offensive crdinator Sonny Cumbie has been in some scoring history in the series. He was with the Horned Frogs for that 82-point game in 2014. The most points allowed by TCU under Patterson came 10 years before that, when Cumbie was the starting quarterback for the Red Raiders in a 70-35 win.MORE THAN BIG 12This is only the fifth game as Big 12 rivals for Texas Tech and TCU -- they are 2-2 in those games, 1-1 at each teams stadium. They were previously in the Southwest Conference together, and the Red Raiders lead the overall series 30-25-3.---More AP college ftball: tball.ap.org" target="_blank">www.collegeftball.ap.org Kris Bryant Jersey . Barcelona also left injured defenders Carles Puyol, Javier Mascherano and Jordi Alba out of its squad for the trip to Glasgow. That means that Marc Bartra will probably start again in the centre of the defence alongside Gerard Pique. Carlos Zambrano Cubs Jersey . White came in fourth place in the event. He was the two-time defending gold medallist. The gold medal went to Swiss snowboarder Iouri Podladtchikov. http://www.thecubsteamshop.com/Cubs-Albert-Almora-Jr-Kids-Jersey/ . If ever they start actually putting pictures beside words in the dictionary, the Blue Jays left-handers mug will appear beside “Consistency. Yu Darvish Jersey . He said Tuesday thats a big reason why he is now the new coach of the Tennessee Titans. Whisenhunt said he hit it off quickly with Ruston Webster when interviewing for the job Friday night. Ben Zobrist Jersey .Y. - General manager Billy King says the Brklyn Nets are lking to add a big man and confirmed the team worked out centre Jason Collins, who would become the first openly gay active NBA player if signed. BOSTON -- Mkie Betts wasnt pleased with his recent swings at the plate.A little tweaking and he joined elite company in Red Sox history.Betts hit three home runs and drove in a career-best eight runs, joining Hall of Famer Ted Williams as the only Red Sox players in over 100 years with a pair of three-homer games in a season and powering Boston over the Arizona Diamondbacks 16-2 Sunday.These last couple of days I was off, Betts said. I basically just swung my way out of it.The Red Sox said Betts joined Williams, who had two three-homer games in 1957, as the only Red Sox players since 1913 to accomplish the feat.It makes you feel pretty gd anytime your names said with his. It means youve done something well, said Betts, who matched David Ortiz with the club lead with 26 homers.Dustin Pedroia had five hits and Jackie Bradley Jr. hit a two-run homer for Boston.Rick Porcello (16-3) became the first Red Sox pitcher in 70 years to open a season 12-0 at Fenway Park as Boston completed a three-game sweep of Arizona.Zack Greinke (11-4) was chased in the second inning.The guys swung the bats tremendous today against one of the best pitchers in the game, Porcello said. I threw strikes to get us back in the dugout as quick as possible.Betts had two chances to hit a record-tying fourth homer, but lined out to right and then grounded out in the eighth. The crowd chanted `Lets Go Mkie! before his final at-bat.His teammates wanted to see him become the 17th player in major league history with four homers in a game.They told me try and swing for it, Betts said.Betts other three-homer game came against Baltimore on May 31.What was billed as a marquee pitching matchup turned into a rout early when Greinke was tagged for three homers and nine runs in 1 2/3 innings.It just seemed like my stuff was really flat today, he said. Most times, guys dont hit my off-speed very gd, but they hit all my off-speed pitches today.Porcello allowed one run on three hits over seven innnings and became the first Boston pitcher since Dave B Ferriss to begin a year by winning his first 12 decisions in Fenway.ddddddddddddBetts two-run homer in the first cleared the Green Monster and made it 2-0.His second, a three-run shot into the first row of Monster seats, keyed a seven-run second. Bradley hit his off the Pesky Pole, and rkie Andrew Benintendi and Pedroia each drove in a run during the inning.Betts third homer was a three-run shot that caromed off a billboard above the Monster in a six-run fifth.Michael Bourn had a solo homer and RBI single for the Diamondbacks. They had won four straight before being swept.It was the second-most runs Greinke has allowed in his career. He gave up 11 in a start for Kansas City, against the Diamondbacks on June 10, 2005.They just hit everything he threw up there, Arizona manager Chip Hale said.TRAINERS RMDiamondbacks: C Welington Castillo is due back Monday from bereavement leave.Red Sox: Bradley was in the lineup after getting Saturday off to rest and nurse a sore big toe. . Manager John Farrell said after the game that RHP Steven Wright (jammed pitching shoulder) would go on the DL and Hanley Ramirez on the bereavement list.HUGE MILESTONEPedroia had his fifth career five-hit game, most in club history.BIG REQUESTRecently acquired Red Sox C Bryan Holadays preschl-age son walked over to Ortiz in the clubhouse, lked up and asked: Can you teach me how to hit home runs every time?Big Papi smiled and replied: You want to learn how to hit home runs every time? Well work on that.UP NEXTDiamondbacks: LHP Robbie Ray (5-11, 4.57 ERA) faces RHP Bartolo Colon (10-6, 3.35) Monday in the opener of a three-game series against the Mets.Red Sox: LHP Drew Pomeranz (0-2, 5.26) is set to start when they open their four-city road trip. RHP Josh Tomlin (11-5, 4.1 goes for the Indians. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 66 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen