ight have been a little on the plate but not a bad pitch by any means.The

in Spam Area!!! 24.07.2019 04:44
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

PHILADELPHIA -- The Eagles are going down a road the Falcons traveled last year.After Philadelphia started 3-0, rkie quarterback Carson Wentz and first-year coach Doug Pederson were the talk of the town. But the Eagles have lost four of five, Wentz has been up and down and Pederson has made several questionable decisions.In 2015, rkie coach Dan Quinn guided Atlanta to a 5-0 start. But the Falcons went 3-8 the rest of the way and many wondered whether quarterback Matt Ryans time was up.Ryan stuck around and is having his best season, helping the Falcons (6-3) lead the NFC South.Wentz and the Eagles are hoping for a similar and even more immediate turnaround. Theyll kick off the second half of their season at home against the Falcons on Sunday.We fully believe were a gd ftball team, Wentz said. We fully know all four of these losses we had a chance to win, and most of them we kind of hurt ourselves.Ryan grew up in the Philadelphia suburbs and rted for Donovan McNabb, so he understands what Wentz is going through in a city thats been waiting 56 years for a ftball championship.There are a lot of gd things that come with (playing quarterback) and a lot of things that are tough to deal with, Ryan said. It seems like he has a gd head on his shoulders up there. I know its a place that can be tough. Growing up there, they can be tough on their teams for sure. But if youre winning, just like any place, winning is gd.Wentz has a big fan in Quinn.The first time I saw him was at the Senior Bowl, Quinn said. He lked like a really gd player on the very first day. ... When we went through the cut-ups, he just lked like somebody that was going to be able to handle it early on.Here are some things to watch for when Atlanta visits Philadelphia:GETTING DEFENSIVE: The Eagles have the leagues No. 6 ranked defense, but theyve got a tough task this week. Atlantas offense is No. 2 in yards and first in scoring, averaging 33.9 points per game. Ryan leads the NFL with 2,980 yards passing and 23 touchdowns -- with only four interceptions. Julio Jones leads the league with 970 yards receiving.I think this is the best offense that we will face all year, Eagles defensive tackle Fletcher Cox said.CATCHING FLAK: While the Falcons have arguably the best receiver in the league and a solid group overall, Philadelphias receivers are mediocre at best. Jordan Matthews leads the Eagles with 42 receptions for 507 yards. Hes not in the top 20 in either category. Second-year pros Nelson Agholor and Dorial Green-Beckham struggle to get open and make plays. Rkie Bryce Treggs opened eyes with a 58-yard catch last week, but it was only his first game.SACKS ON THE RISE: After ranking last in the league with only 19 sacks in 2015, the Falcons already have 20 this season. Vic Beasley Jr., last years first-round draft from Clemson, leads the team with 7 1-2 sacks. Adrian Clayborn has 4 1-2. Grady Jarrett initially was credited with two sacks in last weeks win at Tampa Bay, but the leagues review of the film this week tk one sack away.HOMECKING: The Eagles are 3-0 at home, 1-4 on the road. Theyve dominated opponents in Philadelphia, outscoring them 84-23. Their most impressive win was a convincing 34-3 victory over the Steelers in Week 3. They also handed Minnesota its first loss in Week 7. But the Falcons are better on the road (4-1) than at home (2-2). Something has to give.Weve done a gd job of approaching it with the right mindset, Ryan said. It is a business trip. Weve got one objective for when we get up there. From the moment we started preparation earlier in the week until we finish the game, everything needs to be geared toward finding a way to win.TAMME OUT: Falcons TE Jacob Tamme is expected to miss his second straight game with a shoulder injury. Backup tight ends Levine Toilolo and Austin Hper had TD catches against the Buccaneers. A third tight end, Joshua Perkins, dropped a chance for another scoring catch. Hper, a third-round pick from Stanford, is expected to start as he tries to make his case as the teams future fixture at the position. Hper has 14 catches for 241 yards and two touchdowns.---AP Sports Writer Charles Odum contributed to this report.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL---Follow Rob Maaddi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AP-RobMaaddi kiestore.com/Browns-Ozzie-Newsome-Jersey/" target="_blank">Ozzie Newsome Browns Jersey . Ryan Garbutt had a goal and two assists as Dallas snapped a six-game losing streak with a 5-2 victory over the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday night. kiestore.com/Browns-David-Njoku-Jersey/" target="_blank">David Njoku Jersey . Louis. To which I would say two things: 1. Where there is smoke, there is or perhaps has been a little fire. Or, in other words, the two teams would appear to have at least spoken. And spoken is defined as one calling the other to inquire, no more, no less. kiestore.com/Browns-Sione-Takitaki-Jersey/" target="_blank">http://www.brownsrkiestore.com/Browns-Sione-Takitaki-Jersey/ . 31, the CFL club announced Monday. The team also has yet to decide on the future of Doug Berry, who began the season as a consultant to the head coach but tk over the offensive co-ordinators duties in July. kiestore.com/Browns-Bernie-Kosar-Jersey/" target="_blank">Bernie Kosar Womens Jersey . PETERSBURG, Fla. kiestore.com/Browns-David-Njoku-Jersey/" target="_blank">David Njoku Womens Jersey . The head of USA Boxing came out swinging Tuesday with an open letter to Tyson -- a former Olympic hopeful himself -- that accuses the former heavyweight champion of trying to poach fighters who might be candidates for the U. PHOENIX -- Johnny Cueto started the night with a bad stomach ache and ended it with his 12th victory of the season.With help from a cast of reserves filling in for the injured and the weary usual starters, Cueto settled down after a rocky start and the San Francisco Giants beat the Arizona Diamondbacks 6-4 on Friday night.He was pretty sick, manager Bruce Bochy said. His stomach was bothering him. I didnt know if we were going to have to get him after the first or second inning. He just wasnt doing well.Cueto (12-1) allowed four runs in the first three innings and none in the next four.He said he started feeling ill while warming up in the bullpen.I felt like throwing up, Cueto said through an interpreter. ... I never thought of not starting. I didnt feel well. My legs were weak and I felt like I was probably going to faint, but the trainers gave me liquids and just helped get me stronger.After about the fourth inning, Cueto said, he started feeling better.With several usual starters on the disabled list, catcher Buster Posey having the night off (after 20 straight games) and center fielder Denard Span a late scratch with a stiff neck, the Giants depth shone through.Conor Gillaspie fell a home run shy of the cycle, Trevor Brown doubled in two runs , Grant Green singled in two more and Jarrett Parker homered as the Giants improved to 5-0 at Chase Field this season.This organization has done a tremendous job of bringing not just gd baseball players but quality people and quality teammates, Gillaspie said. Thats something thats very noticeable from every guy they bring up.Gillaspie, playing at third with Mike Duffy on the 15-day disabled list, has been on a tear. Hes batting .460 (17 for 37) n his last 37 at-bats. He tripled in the first inning, doubled and scored in the fourth and singled and scored in the sixth.They are tied with the Chicago Cubs for most victories in the National League with 51.Welington Castillo and Jake Lamb homered for the Diamondbacks. Lamb hit a home run in his third consecutive game for the first time in his career.Cueto allowed seven hits in seven innings and struck out nine wiith no walks while improving to 8-0 on the road.dddddddddddd He joined the Cubs Jake Arrieta as the only 12-game winners in the National League.The Diamondbacks had runners at first and third with no outs against closer Santiago Casilla in the ninth. But Yasmany Tomas hit into a double play, Phil Gosselin walked, pinch-hitter Peter OBrien struck out and Casilla escaped with his 18th save in 22 tries.Shelby Miller (2- allowed six runs and eight hits in six innings and tk the loss. He is 0-6 at home, where the Diamondbacks are 13-29.San Francisco tk the lead with two runs in the sixth. Parker and Gillaspie singled and, with two outs, Brown doubled down the right field line to bring both home and put the Giants up 5-4.Arizona manager Chip Hale was asked whether he considered walking Brown with Cuetos spot up next.The pitcher and the catcher know the pitcher is on deck so they are trying to pitch, not give him a `ckie, Hale said. I think the pitch was supposed to be way out and it kind of leaked back over and he did a great job hitting it down the right-field line.Miller said Brown hit a gd pitch.Basically staying away, Miller said. In my eyes it was a perfect pitch. It might have been a little on the plate but not a bad pitch by any means.The Diamondbacks jumped on Cueto for three runs in the first inning. Doubles by Jean Segura and Paul Goldschmidt scored one, then Castillo hit Cuetos 3-2 pitch into the seats in left center to bring home two more.TRAINERS RMGiants: RHP Matt Cain (right hamstring strain) will pitch in an Arizona Fall League game on Saturday.Diamondbacks: RHP Zack Greinke will miss his next scheduled start on Monday (sore left oblique) but no decision has been made on whether to place him on the DL.UP NEXTGiants: RHP Jeff Samardzija (8-5, 3.91 ERA), lks to rebound from his Tuesday night start, when he allowed six runs in six innings.Diamondbacks: LHP Patrick Corbin (4-6, 4.99) takes the mound for Arizona in the second game of the three-game series. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 367 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen