[/url] . What general manager Dave Nonis called "short and prod

in Spam Area!!! 24.07.2019 04:44
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

CARLSBAD, Calif. -- Sam Stosur won the Southern California Open on Sunday for her first title in nearly two years, beating top-seeded Victoria Azarenka 6-2, 6-3. The fifth-seeded Stosur of Australia had lost all of her previous eight matches against Azarenka, winning only two sets. The win was Stosurs fourth career singles title and the first since she won her only major, the 2011 U.S. Open. "I think this is a huge bst for me," said Stosur. "I havent had great results for really all year, so to be able to bounce back and come away with this is really exciting and a gd bst going into the last slam of the year." Later Sunday, Azarenka withdrew from Rogers Cup in Toronto because of a lower back injury. "Im so disappointed that I cant make it to Toronto as I added it to my schedule knowing what an important event it is," Azarenka said. "I am sorry to all my Canadian fans and I will work hard to get healthy and back on the courts as sn as possible." Azarenka, the two-time Australian Open champion, played another lse match, committing 32 unforced errors including seven double faults, and had only 11 winners. "I think I was taking t many wrong kind of decisions or t risky decisions when there was no need to be risky," she said. "I didnt try to sometimes stay in the rally. I just wanted to make what sometimes I can make with eyes closed. (Sunday) I didnt do it with open eyes." Stosur, playing in her first final since October, hit 20 winners compared to 29 unforced errors, but played the key points well, including saving 11 of 12 break points. "That was a really big part of the match," Stosur said. "That first set, she did have lots of opportunities. I think nearly all of them except one I hit a really gd first serve in and she didnt make the ball into play." Stosur, ranked No. 13, requested and was granted a wild-card into the event after she lost her opening-round match last week at Stanford in the Bank of the West Classic. Stosur had victories over No. 4-ranked Agnieszka Radwanska and the third-ranked Azarenka, the first time she has defeated two top-five players in an event since the 2011 WTA Championships. "You can practice all you want, but at some point, you got to put it into play in matches," Stosur said. "That was the reasoning behind coming here. You got to put yourself under that pressure of playing matches. Thats why I came, and obviously now, very, very pleased with that decision." Azarenka, who will move into the No. 2 ranking ahead of Maria Sharapova on Monday, was playing her first tournament since withdrawing from Wimbledon with a right knee injury before her second-round match. Azarenka set the tone early when she didnt win a point on her first service game of the match, including consecutive double faults to give Stosur a 2-0 lead. She then scored her only break of the match on Stosurs serve in the next game before the Aussie broke back for a 3-1 lead. In a key game, Stosur fended off five break points in the next game to hold her serve and take a 4-1 lead en route to winning the first set. Stosur held a huge advantage with her serve in the set over one of the games best returners. Stosur, who had six aces, won 73 per cent of her first serves compared to Azarenka, who won just 43 per cent. Azarenka was even worse on her second serves, winning only 30 per cent. Azarenka improved her game slightly in the second set as the pair were on serve until Stosur struck with the only service break in the sixth game for a 4-2 lead. Stosur improved her record in finals to 4-12. Michael Brantley Jersey . -- Nate Robinson has played for seven teams, so beating one of them is no longer a rare occurrence. Hector Rondon Astros Jersey .C. Lions has come to an end. Banks told TSN on Jan 2 that he had no interest in playing out the option year of his contract with the Lions in 2014, and he again made that clear in a conversation with Lions GM Wally Buono last week. http://www.baseballastrosproshop.com/lance-mccullers-astros-jersey/ . Now, correct me if Im wrong but I saw one official distinctly pointing at the net indicating a gd goal but after an inconclusive review they overturned the goal. Shouldnt the ruling on the ice (gd goal) stand after an inconclusive review? Why was this overturned? James Veaudry Pembroke, ON -- Hey Kerry, Youll get a lot of these, but why was the Montreal goal against Nashville Saturday night overturned? Eller puts the puck on net and the on ice ruling from the ref behind the net is a Montreal goal. Robinson Chirinos Astros Jersey .ca! Hi Kerry, Its another day and here we are lking at another dubious hit to the head. In this case Blue Jackets forward Brandon Dubinsky elbowed Saku Koivu in the head about a second after he dished off the puck to a teammate, knocking him unconscious. Carlos Correa Jersey . What general manager Dave Nonis called "short and productive" negotiations ended with Kessel signing a US$64-million, eight-year contract on Tuesday. Mike Greenberg and Mike Golic will welcome comedian Frank Caliendo (60 a.m. ET); Taelor and Sydni Scott (7:05), daughters of the late Stuart Scott; Cubs president of baseball operations Theo Epstein (70); Pro Ftball Hall of Famer Jim Kelly (8:05); Alabama coach Nick Saban (80); ESPN NFL reporter Ed Werder (9:10) and five-time NBA champion Kobe Bryant (90) to thee show on Wednesday.ddddddddddddGet in touch with Mike & Mike by emailing (mikeandmike@espnradio.com) or tweeting (@MikeAndMike) the guys -- we will be with you from 6-10 a.m. ET. Follow all of the action on ESPN2, ESPN Radio and ESPNRadio.com. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 223 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen