cornerbacks Ive ever played in my life, Carr s

in TeeLeague 19.07.2019 09:40
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

PITTSBURGH -- Tyler Holt and Brandon Phillips had three hits apiece, helping Brandon Finnegan and the Cincinnati Reds beat the reeling Pittsburgh Pirates 8-0 on Sunday.Holt drove in three runs and Phillips scored three times as last-place Cincinnati (60-82) closed the four-game set with three straight wins. Pittsburgh (69-72) has dropped 11 of 13 to fall off the pace in the NL wild-card race.Pirates left fielder Gregory Polanco was ejected by umpire Pat Hoberg for arguing balls and strikes in the third inning. It was Polancos first career ejection.Finnegan (9-10) struck out seven in five innings, but allowed five hits and walked five. Jumbo Diaz then pitched two innings and Ross Ohlendorf and Wandy Peralta each got three outs, completing a seven-hitter.Cincinnati grabbed control with five runs in the second, taking advantage of a two-base error by center fielder Andrew McCutchen and some wildness by Ryan Vogelsong (3-5). Holt had the big blow, a two-run triple that gave the Reds a 4-0 lead. Eugenio Suarez followed with an RBI single.Vogelsong was charged with six runs and seven hits in four innings.Cincinnati finished with 13 hits. Joey Votto, one of the hottest hitters in the majors, was the only starting position player to fail to record a hit for the Reds.TRAINING RMReds: Alfredo Simon will miss the rest of the year with a right shoulder injury that will require surgery, manager Bryan Price said. Simon went 2-7 with a 9.37 ERA this season. ... INF Jose Peraza was given the day off after being hit by a pitch in his hand Saturday.Pirates: 2B Josh Harrisons right groin injury is more than day to day and could potentially be season ending, according to general manager Neal Huntington.UP NEXTReds: Keyvius Sampson (0-1, 3.90 ERA) will move to the rotation in order for the Reds to skip the start of Anthony DeSclafani. Sampson will be making his second start in 2015 after starting 12 games in 2016.Pirates: Gerrit Cole (7-9, 3.55 ERA) is expected to return from the disabled list to start Monday at Philadelphia. Cole has been inactive since Aug. 24 with right elbow inflammation. He has made just 20 starts after pitching 32 games in 2015. Glenn Robinson Bucks Jersey . Deulofeu injured a muscle in his right leg in Evertons 4-1 win over Fulham in the English Premier League on Saturday. Barcelona says that its team doctors will "co-ordinate" with Evertons medical staff as Deulofeu recovers. Ray Allen Jersey . Mats Zuccarello and Derek Stepan scored shtout goals, and backup goalie Cam Talbot earned his second win in two nights as the Rangers shk off a late tying tally and beat the Maple Leafs 2-1 Monday night. http://www.nbabucksproshop.com/Authentic-Giannis-Antetokounmpo-Bucks-Jersey/ .7 million, one-year contract, a raise of $2.2 million. Wieters had asked for $8.75 million and the Orioles had offered $6. D. J. Wilson Jersey . -- Stanfords Kevin Danser knelt on one knee and hardly moved on the sideline as Michigan State celebrated its Rose Bowl victory and his Cardinal teammates made their way to the locker rm. Eric Bledsoe Bucks Jersey . Speaking Thursday on TSN 1050 Thursday, the Leafs GM also touched on the questions surrounding the teams leadership and the struggles of his big-name free-agent signing. “Its not from lack of effort from the coaching staff. ALAMEDA, Calif. --?Oakland Raiders cornerback Sean Smith, who signed a $40 million free-agent contract with Oakland this offseason, owned up to his pr play which led to his second-half benching in Sundays season-opening 35-34 win at the New Orleans Saints.The benching came after he was burned by Brandin Cks for a 98-yard touchdown, the longest pass play in Saints franchise history.I was getting killed, Smith told reporters Tuesday at the Raiders facility. Im not going to lie to you. It was getting bad out there. I was costing our team points so Coach did what he had to do.I would have loved to stay in, fight that thing out, but Coach made the decision which was best for the team, so Im going to ride with it.Raiders coach Jack Del Rio acknowledged giving Smith a talk on the sidelines.I said, Hey, youve got to own up to that, Del Rio said. That certainly wasnt anywhere near where it needed to be and I know youll bounce back. Be ready to face the music because theyre going to be coming at you.Hes a big boy. Hell bounce back. Hes going to be a gd player for us ... [his play] was not what we need and he knows that.Per Pro Ftball Focus, Smith gave up four receptions on six targets for 183 yards (the most surrendered by a cornerback on Kickoff Weekend) and his yards per cover snap of 6.78 was the second worst of any cornerback in Week 1. The QB rating for passes thrown into Smiths coverage was 149.3, also the second worst by any corner in the league last week.It all added up to an overall grade of 40.3, which ranked 87th among cornerbacks.Three big receptions allowed essentially dmed Smith, who gave up a combined 172 yards on those catches in the Superdome after starting strong with a pass breakup underneath and a tackle. But the Saints found him lacking on deeper balls to smaller receivers.Such as the 49-yarder to Willie Snead. The 25-yarder to Michael Thomas. And then, the 98-yarder to Cks, which came with 7:52 remaining in the third quarter when Smith failed to bump or jam Cks at the line of scrimmage.Smith, at 6-feet-3, 220 pounds, is the biggest cornerback in the league, but the Saints used their much smaller wideouts to get by him.Just made some bad decisions, Smith said. Pr technique, cost our team.Up next, the Atlanta Falcons and the speedy but bigger Julio Jones, who is also 6-3, 220 pounds.dddddddddddd Might the Raiders have to alter their coverage scheme by giving Smith help with a safety, and could the Falcons send Jones his way after he caught four passes for 66 yards and a TD in Atlantas 31-24 loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers?Julios going to get the ball regardless of who [the opposing cornerback] is, Smith said. So you always have to be worried about that going in and facing that team.Del Rio did say that Smith would start this weekend in the Raiders home opener, and Smith acknowledged that he must have a short memory before lining up against Atlanta.Being an eighth-year veteran should help him move on quickly, he said.Its one game, he said of the debacle in New Orleans, which reminded many Raiders fans of DeAngelo Halls brutal debut for the Raiders in 2008. Hall was cut following eight games that year after he signed a seven-year, $72 million contract with Oakland.Its not going to define myself or my career or this season, Smith said. It was a bad day. ... Its just like any job. I had a bad day at work and Ill come back the next day and get ready to roll for Week 2.You play long enough, youre going to have days like that.Raiders quarterback Derek Carr defended Smith after the game.I told Sean, I said, Hey, man, you are one of the best cornerbacks Ive ever played in my life, Carr said. Anyone wants to challenge that, we can go back and watch the film and see that he is a shutdown-type corner. He really is. Hes so smart, and some days its going to be like that. Ive been there. Against Kansas City last year I threw three picks in the second half.None, though, were by Smith, who was then with the Chiefs.Weve all been there, Carr said. Its going to hurt, its going to sting, its going to be hard to sleep ... but I know him. Hes going to come back and be the same dominant guy that he is, and he will be for us.Im not worried about him, and I dont think that our fans should be either.And, as Smith said, at least the Raiders rallied to win after trailing by 14 points following Cks long TD over him.That, Smith said of a loss, would have been a rough plane ride home. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 277 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen