evening. Hell continue to rest and rehab under the watch of team

in Spam Area!!! 18.07.2019 05:19
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

Nicky Henderson hailed Sprinter Sacre as the horse of a lifetime after confirming on Sunday that the dual Cheltenham Festival hero, one of the most popular modern-day steeplechasers, is to be retired due to a minor leg injury. Hendersons charge had bounced back to form on this day 12 months ago at Cheltenham when landing the Shloer Chase, sparking emotional celebrations in the winners enclosure.He went on an unbeaten run following that victory, winning three more times including his second Champion Chase victory at Cheltenham in March. His final racecourse appearance was to be at Sandown in April, where he demolished Un De Sceaux by 15 lengths. Watch NOW TV Watch Sky Sports for just £6.99. No contract. Sprinter Sacre had returned to work ahead of a planned reappearance in Sandowns Tingle Creek Chase next month, but after exercising on Tuesday was found to have some heat in his near-fore leg, prompting connections to make the decision to retire him.At a specially-convened press conference at the racecourse, an emotional Henderson said: Hes been a great part of our lives. Nico de Boinville celebrates winning the Betway Queen Mother Champion Chase What happened last year was something that will never be repeated in my lifetime. In terms of emotion it tk us all to the brink.He will be here today and he lks as well as hes ever done. Hes in staggeringly gd form. The sad thing is that he is doing everything right. The delighted rider gives Sprinter a hug If you saw him now, you wouldnt know which leg it was, but theres a little bit of heat in his near-fore that has shown up on the scan. If he was seven, youd say give him a year off and hed be back. But hes not seven any more and this is the right thing to do.For a long time I protected See You Then and said he was our best horse but during Sprinter Sacres best two years, he was unbeatable. Literally unbeatable. Sprinter Sacre (left) beats Cue Card to win the Racing Post Arkle Challenge Trophy Steeple Chase Im sad for him because hes come here today thinking hes going to have a race and hes all excited and ready to show his public what he can do, but at least people will have the opportunity to see him again today.Sprinter Sacres most recent partner and the jockey under whom he tk last seasons Champion Chase was Nico De Boinville, and Henderson went on: Nico has been with Sprinter from the start. He rode him every day at home when Barry Geraghty was his jockey and they have always been great friends. Sprinter Sacre soars over a fence earlier in the contest I had to ring him this morning to let him know just before he went into surgery for the arm he broke here yesterday. It wasnt the easiest conversation to tell him his mate wont be there for him to ride when he comes back.Sprinter Sacre won 18 of his 24 starts and amassed £1,136,000 in prize-money.In between his two Champion Chase victories, however, he was plagued with problems before returning to something approaching his best last season.Joining the Henderson stable from France, he made a winning debut in an Ascot bumper in February 2010 and went novice hurdling the following campaign.After winning two of his first three starts, he was then third in the Supreme Novices Hurdle in March 2011.It was a chaser he really made his mark, though.He created a big impression in his novice season which saw him defeat Cue Card in the Arkle Trophy in 2012.Sprinter Sacre went on to win his first 10 races over fences, including the Champion Chase at the 2013 Cheltenham Festival.But his successful streak came to an abrupt halt when he was pulled up in the Desert Orchid Chase at Kempton that December, after which it transpired he had an irregular heartbeat.He made a full recovery and returned to action in January 2015 when he was second to Dodging Bullets in the Clarence House Chase at Ascot.But when he was pulled up in that seasons Champion Chase it seemed his best days were behind him.However, he came back in tremendous form last season and after wins in the Shloer Chase and the Desert Orchid Chase, Sprinter Sacre reclaimed his two-mile crown with a convincing defeat of Un De Sceaux at the Festival in March.He wound up the campaign with a similarly authoritative victory in the Celebration Chase at Sandown in April in what turned out to be his swansong.Explaining Sprinter Sacres career-ending injury, Henderson said: It all crept up yesterday. He worked on Tuesday and everything was grand.We were just a bit worried on Wednesday night as he was warm in one leg. I was going to work him yesterday but we couldnt work him.We cant ask him to come back, not at his age.Hes in the same stable he has always spent his days in here (at Cheltenham) and you wouldnt know which leg I was talking about. In fact, if I was thinking about working this afternn him I would.It (the injury) wouldnt hold up in the short term and when you cant go for the long term, you have to sadly bite the bullet.Barry Geraghty rode Sprinter Sacre 17 times, winning on 13 occasions, and said his old ally was just unbelievable.The jockey said; Hes something special and he is to be celebrated. Ive never sat on a horse over fences like him - he was electric.The first day he won here (in the 2012 Arkle), just to see him sail away on the way to the last, Ive never seen that before.He was just unbelievable. Also See: Live results service Full racecards Get Sky Sports £10 completely free bet! Melvin Gordon III Chargers Jersey . Kiriasis and brakeman Franziska Fritz finished two runs in one minute 55.41 seconds -- a mere 0.01 seconds ahead of Meyers and Lolo Jones, who likely bolstered her Olympic hopes by helping give USA-1 a huge push in the second heat. Kellen Winslow Youth Jersey . After a first half in which he thought "the lid was on the basket," the Toronto Raptors coach watched his squad mount a second half surge to defeat the Cleveland Cavaliers 98-91. http://www.prochargersteamstore.com/Youth-Melvin-Ingram-Elite-Jersey/ . With the short-handed Warriors needing help from someone -- anyone -- to stop a three-game skid, ONeal returned from right knee and groin injuries that had sidelined him for four games and put up season highs with 18 points and eight rebounds. It was just enough to help lift Golden State to a 102-101 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans on Tuesday night. Joey Bosa Chargers Jersey . The Brazilian goalkeeper signed a loan deal with the Major League Soccer club on Friday as he lks to get playing time ahead of this summers World Cup in his home country. Keenan Allen Youth Jersey . 31, the CFL club announced Monday. The team also has yet to decide on the future of Doug Berry, who began the season as a consultant to the head coach but tk over the offensive co-ordinators duties in July.ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Rajai Davis couldnt have drawn up his role in the Blue Jays two-run third inning on Saturday any better. Aboard on a lead off bunt single, pushed past the pitcher to the first base side. Follow it up with a stolen base and an advance to third on a ground ball before scoring on another ground out. Davis speed is the gift. It cant be taught. How he uses his speed to his advantage, particularly for stealing bases, is a product of years of work. "I think it just comes from a lot of experience," said Davis. "I think I have 251 minor league stolen bases and (259) in the Bigs. Thats a lot of experience right there. That alone, youve got an idea of what pitchers are going to do, what they want to do. They all seem to fall into the same rhythm or the same routine of things." Davis 36 stolen bases through Saturday tie him with Milwaukees Jean Segura for third-most in the majors. A significant number under normal circumstances, the fact Davis has appeared in only 80 games, 54 as a starter, makes the total even more impressive. "There are a number of people I can think of that have speed," said Davis. "Not all of them steal bases though. Its something you have to develop and its something you have to work on constantly. Its just like hitting, youve got to constantly get better and learn the pitchers and learn what they want to do and while youre doing it youve got to still remain calm, cl and collected." The process of becoming a base stealer, not just a fast runner, began immediately after Davis was drafted in 2001 by the Pirates. He sidled up to minor league instructors like Gary Redus, who stole 322 bases in a career that spanned 13 seasons, and Tony Beasley, who swiped 138 bags playing almost a decade in the minors. After moving on to San Francisco and then Oakland, Davis picked the brain of Rickey Henderson whenever he was around the Athletics facilities. Here, now, with the Blue Jays, Davis spent time this spring studying video and talking with roving base running instructor Tim Raines. Henderson and Raines are two of the all-time greats. "If you lk at video, what are you lking for? Thats the key," said Davis. "Now you talk with them, theyll tell you what to lk for. Theyve got some things that you can lk for. But video, to me, is useless unless you know what youre doing, unless you know what youre lking for. Talking with them is gaining knowledge." He thrives on the cat-and-mouse game with the pitcher. Davis gets to first; he knows the pitcher is distracted by his presence. Hes used to diving back to the bag, the subject of regular pick-off attempts. Some mean business, others attempt to get Davis to shorten his lead. If Davis takes off, the pitcher wants his catcher to have a chance. Davis says Tigers right-hander Max Scherzer has one of the best pick-off moves in the game. He was impressed by Travis Blackley, a young left-hander in the Astros organization who came to Toronto with Houston for a series last month. Sometimes, he sees something he hasnt before. "This year, Ive seen David Price breaak out the step off move for the first time in my career," said Davis.dddddddddddd "Ive never seen him do that. Maybe he was trying to get better, trying to slow down the running game. Its always changing and youve got to adjust, got to think on the fly. It helps when youve got the experience dealing with a lot of times on base and stealing bases." Davis will be eligible for free agency for the first time this offseason. His future in Toronto is put into doubt by the business of the game. The Blue Jays have more than $100-million worth of guaranteed contracts for 2014 and arbitration eligibility for the likes of Colby Rasmus and J.P. Arencibia to deal with. Whether he fits into the budget, both term and money, is a matter for both sides to hammer out. Regardless, hell be in demand. Speed is always in demand. "I think the best thing for me is just to focus on what I need to do daily because whats going to happen in the future is just going to happen based on what I do daily," said Davis. "If I can continue to focus on doing my part, contributing, just staying focused on getting on base, stealing bases, doing what I do, I think that my future will take care of itself." REYES DOWN FOR WEEKEND Shortstop Jose Reyes has been playing with a sore right knee for about two weeks. The pain intensified toward the end of the Boston series and has reached the point where rest is needed. "I think Ive put a lot of pressure on the gd leg because I dont want to put pressure on my ankle," said Reyes. "I think that caused a little problem there." Reyes missed 66 games with a sprained left ankle earlier this season. Until Saturday, he had started each of the 45 games since his return and had been removed from only three games, all blowout losses. He says he showed up to Tropicana Field intending to play but tk the advice of trainer George Poulis and manager John Gibbons to take rest. Would he be available to pinch hit in a pinch? "If they need me Ill be ready in the dugout," said Reyes. The plan is to have Reyes return on Tuesday in New York. The Blue Jays have an off day on Monday. JOHNSON STAYING BACK Josh Johnson, on the disabled list with a strained right forearm, will split from the club when it heads to New York on Sunday evening. Hell continue to rest and rehab under the watch of team doctors in Dunedin. LIND UP A NOTCH Adam Linds two round trippers on Saturday moved him into sole possession of eighth on the Blue Jays all-time home run list. His 136 home runs with Toronto is one more than Ernie Whitts total. WHITE BOARD MESSAGE With a win on Sunday, the Blue Jays will take a series in Tampa Bay for the first time in six years. Its significant. Remember, because the Rays are a division rival, Toronto visits Tropicana Field three times a year for a total of nine or 10 games. Coaches and players recognize the importance. Someone, an unidentified Blue Jay, even tk to the white board to jot down a message after Saturdays victory. "THIS TEAM HAS NOT WON A SERIES HERE SINCE 2007. LETS CHANGE THAT TOMORROW." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 157 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen